What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (1 Viewer)

You have Cole, use him to start the 7th...it’s not rocket science...Grienke got you the six you needed...why be greedy?

I think the Stros go quietly the rest of the way.  Nats maybe add a couple in the top of one of these innings.  Stros don't score again.

Just feels like the same old thing to all those games they lost when they weren't hitting with RISP.  Blown opportunities early, then defeated quiet bats late while the opposition pulls away.

Was in Toronto last weekend and this little dude at the hotel bar next to me was freaking out bad on every pitch in the Yanks/Hou game, it was like the 4th inning.

Finally bartender was like you need to calm down a bit jokingly sort of not joking. Turns out the guy is from Houston and his wife bought some $5000 mattress from a store down there and it's free if they win they the WS, if not he's cutting a check for it day after the season is over.

The dude may have just punted his dog across the room.

That 3rd time through the lineup is always tricky...
It is......but sometimes....you just go with it. I can’t second guess it the way Zach was pitching. If he pulled him at 2-0 and they go up 3-2 then everyone goes “why did they pull him?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Zow
Was in Toronto last weekend and this little dude at the hotel bar next to me was freaking out bad on every pitch in the Yanks/Hou game, it was like the 4th inning.

Finally bartender was like you need to calm down a bit jokingly sort of not joking. Turns out the guy is from Houston and his wife bought some $5000 mattress from a store down there and it's free if they win they the WS, if not he's cutting a check for it day after the season is over.

$5K for a mattress?  Does it come with a hooker?

Seems like an odd deal for the mattress company to offer

It is......but sometimes....you just go with it. I can’t second guess it the way Zach was pitching. If he pulled him at 2-0 and they go up 3-2 then everyone goes “why did they pull him?"
Actually, I take it back....I looked it up and Greinje AHs actually been very effective on his third trip through the order...so, I was wrong to criticize the decision

• Smile
Reactions: Zow

I believe that’s the guy that has a 6 million bet on the astros winning it. He’s mentioned on VSIn a lot. 

My guess is he runs the promo then hedges it with the bet. Probably even has the promo insured. Pretty smart. 

I believe that’s the guy that has a 6 million bet on the astros winning it. He’s mentioned on VSIn a lot. 

My guess is he runs the promo then hedges it with the bet. Probably even has the promo insured. Pretty smart. 
Pretty sure the guy I was sitting next to said this promo has run in other seasons. Mattress store guy is a genius!

He works some deal out to hedge it.  The markup on this stuff is outrageous so he sells like 70k mattresses and is really only risking like 100k of cost and hedges all his margin.  

If it’s high let it fly

low let it go.....kid showing his age in that AB facing a nasty breaking ball pitcher.

Yeah, that's Gallery Furniture.  The owner, Mattress Mac is a celeb of sorts down here.  Smart guy and a shrewd businessman.  Gets all the free publicity and hedges his positions.  

Bregman back below the Mendoza line for the World Series? :lol:

Career .230 postseason guy. All ego, no clutch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We need some controversy.  Maybe another crazy call.  Maybe another ejection.  Maybe somebody actually throws a real baby shark out onto the field.

Users who are viewing this thread