What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (6 Viewers)

As a Cardinal fan, with the exception of Wednesday and the last day of the season - the last 3 weeks have been a grind that I'm struggling to "enjoy"

As a Cardinal fan, with the exception of Wednesday and the last day of the season - the last 3 weeks have been a grind that I'm struggling to "enjoy"
Baseball is perverse that way, especially when you follow it enough to where every pitch means something.

Agony.

Wait, you are a broncos fan and an auburn fan and a cardinals fan?  How is that?
Grew up in St. Louis area elementary to high school there covering the great years of the Cardinals - Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Ken Boyer, Joe Torre. Mad Hungarian, Bob Forsch. First game was at Sportsmens Park, Dad had season tickets - my mom went to high school with Marty Marion in Atlanta. We would go to games and talk about baseball all the time. It was an easy trip to the ballpark from where I lived. They had buses to every game. We would get tickets from the club for getting Straight-A's in school. I'm a lifer. Best franchise in baseball - because they do it the Cardinal way. Yankees would be the team but the Boss ruined that.

Originally was a St Louis Football Cardinal fan - but Bill Bidwell sucks.

Went to University of Denver - before Cardinals left town for the desert and I became a bigger Bronco fan. They were always my AFL team. Charlie Johnson left the Cards for Denver was a big reason. So I loved Floyd Little, Orange Crush and then John Elway showed up. I had decided to stay in Denver late 70's on. I love the Broncos - what a great franchise.

DU no longer plays football- undefeated since 1960. My wife went to Auburn - so has my youngest daughter. Oldest went to CU - so Go Buffs. I love SEC Football. I love going to Auburn for games. I have season tickets (also have season tickets to DU Hockey) My wife love DU Hockey and I love Auburn football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell of a masterclass on pitching by Sanchez. 

We got to Strasburg and Scherzer a couple of weeks ago - maybe we do it again.

ffldrew said:
Grew up in St. Louis area elementary to high school there covering the great years of the Cardinals - Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Ken Boyer, Joe Torre. Mad Hungarian, Bob Forsch. First game was at Sportsmens Park, Dad had season tickets - my mom went to high school with Marty Marion in Atlanta. We would go to games and talk about baseball all the time. It was an easy trip to the ballpark from where I lived. They had buses to every game. We would get tickets from the club for getting Straight-A's in school. I'm a lifer. Best franchise in baseball - because they do it the Cardinal way. Yankees would be the team but the Boss ruined that.

Originally was a St Louis Football Cardinal fan - but Bill Bidwell sucks.

Went to University of Denver - before Cardinals left town for the desert and I became a bigger Bronco fan. They were always my AFL team. Charlie Johnson left the Cards for Denver was a big reason. So I loved Floyd Little, Orange Crush and then John Elway showed up. I had decided to stay in Denver late 70's on. I love the Broncos - what a great franchise.

DU no longer plays football- undefeated since 1960. My wife went to Auburn - so has my youngest daughter. Oldest went to CU - so Go Buffs. I love SEC Football. I love going to Auburn for games. I have season tickets (also have season tickets to DU Hockey) My wife love DU Hockey and I love Auburn football.
My first job out of college was in Maryland and I had volunteered to coach a Little League team.  I was wearing a Penn State sweatshirt one day and someone asked me why I don't root for MD now since I live here.  In my usual early-mid 20s loose cannon style, I said, "Why would I want to root for a team that sucks?"   :lmao:

I love stories of how people came to be fans of different teams like this. 👍

Wainwright pitching really great as well. But Damn the Nats are putting on a clinic. Never seen this many weak pop ups.

Wong is Wrong

Are people like Joe Sheehan really arguing that the balls used in the regular season are different in the post-season? Only heard a passing comment, maybe it was said as humor, etc....

Is it great pitching or hitters going for home runs every pitch?
Some of both.

That’s why I loved watching the Royals a few years ago. They were basically contact hitters who just kept putting the ball in play and seeing what happens.  Love watching that brand of baseball.

But the Nats pitching has been nuts. Hell, the Cardinals too.

Hindsight - could have gone to Miller. But it's Wainwright - can't get much more out of him. 2 good post season efforts and nothing in the win column

Awesome at-bat by Martinez

Followed by a typical crap at-bat by Fowler

Users who are viewing this thread