What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (7 Viewers)

Cole has been inhuman at home and just dominant on the road.  The only that stands out for me is his HR rate.  For someone so dominant, he yielded 29 homeruns.  Yanks need to hope for 2 long balls at least tonite with hopefully someone on base each time.  Severino is a crap shoot right now, over/under on his innings is what, 4?  Obviously the formula for the Yanks is get 2 out of 3 at home.  I would have concern that Paxton taxed the BP, then Severino goes 4 and taxes the pen and game 4 is a pen game, unless the weather pushes game 4 back and allows Tanaka-san to pitch game 4 Thursday against Greinke.  If I was the Yanks, i'd hope for no rain out, so games 4 and 5 are vs. the Houston pen and Greinke.  Then you tangle with Verlander and Cole in 6 and 7 on the road.  I think I did that right..... 

Looks like the worst of the wind in The Bronx will be before evening.  Winds over 20mph during the day, but will drop to 15-20mph by evening.  Not a huge drop, but better than 35mph gusts whipping up during the game.  Either way, it's going to be brutal at the game.  Damp with temps hovering around 50 degrees.  But it'll feel closer to 40 degrees.  

Looks like the wind will be blowing across the field from right to left.  That could make fielding fly balls a nightmare.

Looks like the worst of the wind in The Bronx will be before evening.  Winds over 20mph during the day, but will drop to 15-20mph by evening.  Not a huge drop, but better than 35mph gusts whipping up during the game.  Either way, it's going to be brutal at the game.  Damp with temps hovering around 50 degrees.  But it'll feel closer to 40 degrees.  

Looks like the wind will be blowing across the field from right to left.  That could make fielding fly balls a nightmare.
Ah must be why they’re playing JJ Reddick 

A lot of pitches for Severino.  If the Astros can hold win this game and deplete the Yanks bullpen, that would be a win-win-win. 

Grooved that ball to Altuve like I predicted earlier and he has 32 pitches. 

I liiiiiiiiiiiike this start. 

Come on Correa

Watching Cole is like watching a master painter with how locked in he is right now. The only two Yankees that look remotely up to the task are LeMahieu and Torres. 

Whelp next one got by too and ump didn't save them this time.  All made possible by the awesome baserunning after Springer was caught in the rundown.

Stuck listening ro the game on the mlb app. Chose the NYY WFAN feed. The play by play radio guy was horrible. Any chance the Yanks could kick down a couple bucks and hire someone who doesn’t sound like he’s in mourning? Wow. Switched to the Astros feed.

Stuck listening ro the game on the mlb app. Chose the NYY WFAN feed. The play by play radio guy was horrible. Any chance the Yanks could kick down a couple bucks and hire someone who doesn’t sound like he’s in mourning? Wow. Switched to the Astros feed.
John Sterling? Yeah he's horrible but he's been doing Yankees games since the 80s. Probably a HOF broadcaster. 

John Sterling? Yeah he's horrible but he's been doing Yankees games since the 80s. Probably a HOF broadcaster. 
I’m guess the “he’s horrible” part of your post is sarcasm?  Maybe I just caught a bad 1/2 inning, but dude sounded like a local hack calling a high school game. 

So by rough count Cole has given up 1 run in 22 innings? Is this so far the greatest postseason in history? I mean how could it be better? 
Rank.Player

1.Waite Hoyt • 1921 . .00 . 27.0 IP

Christy Mathewson • 1905 . .00 . 27.0 IP

Kenny Rogers • 2006 . .00 . 23.0 IP

Matt Cain • 2010.   00 . 21.1 IP

Carl Hubbell • 1933.  00 . 20.0 IP

Mike Boddicker • 1983.  00 . 18.0 IP

Whitey Ford • 1960.   00 .  18.0 IP

Pedro Martinez • 1999 . .00 . 17.0 IP

Joe McGinnity • 1905.  00 . 17.0 IP

Duster Mails • 1920.  00 .  15.2 IP

All 0.00 ERA's

Last edited by a moderator:
Copy that,, then I won’t give the wfan broadcast a second try. 
Sterling is heavily criticized in the media, with over 100 websites dedicated to denigrating his style and calls.[26] Many baseball writers and websites have ranked him the worst or close to the worst of current baseball radio announcers.[27][28] Much of the criticism stems from calling balls home runs that are not home runs, mixing up fair and foul balls, and his personalized home run calls, which some people view as "over-the-top" or "too much".[29] Regularly criticized by Craig Carton and Phil Mushnick for his inaccurate calls,[30] Mushnick has called him a "dishonest, self-promoting clown".[26] He has also been heavily criticized for making the call of the game more about himself than the play on the field[31] with over the top excitement for routine plays or insignificant events.[32] Many of his critics further accuse him of blaming someone or something else for his confusion.[33] He has also been consistently rated one of the most biased sportcasters in the industry.[34][35]

The New York Times has described John Sterling as "frequently awful and laughable", often miscalling plays or not describing a play accurately – blaming confusion on the field or other reasons. This is in despite of the fact that other announcers called the same play with almost complete accuracy for television or the opponents broadcast.[36] The New York Daily News was also critical of Sterling's domineering of the booth, whereas most teams employ a two-man booth where duties are shared, Sterling does 100% of all play-by-play with his partner, Suzyn Waldman limited to ancillary commentary.[37]

Jim Norton of The Opie and Anthony Show routinely mocked Sterling's player nicknames and his emphasis on the "mmm" sound before saying "mmm-it is high, mmm-it is far. ..."[38]

Sterling is heavily criticized in the media, with over 100 websites dedicated to denigrating his style and calls.[26] Many baseball writers and websites have ranked him the worst or close to the worst of current baseball radio announcers.[27][28] Much of the criticism stems from calling balls home runs that are not home runs, mixing up fair and foul balls, and his personalized home run calls, which some people view as "over-the-top" or "too much".[29] Regularly criticized by Craig Carton and Phil Mushnick for his inaccurate calls,[30] Mushnick has called him a "dishonest, self-promoting clown".[26] He has also been heavily criticized for making the call of the game more about himself than the play on the field[31] with over the top excitement for routine plays or insignificant events.[32] Many of his critics further accuse him of blaming someone or something else for his confusion.[33] He has also been consistently rated one of the most biased sportcasters in the industry.[34][35]

The New York Times has described John Sterling as "frequently awful and laughable", often miscalling plays or not describing a play accurately – blaming confusion on the field or other reasons. This is in despite of the fact that other announcers called the same play with almost complete accuracy for television or the opponents broadcast.[36] The New York Daily News was also critical of Sterling's domineering of the booth, whereas most teams employ a two-man booth where duties are shared, Sterling does 100% of all play-by-play with his partner, Suzyn Waldman limited to ancillary commentary.[37]

Jim Norton of The Opie and Anthony Show routinely mocked Sterling's player nicknames and his emphasis on the "mmm" sound before saying "mmm-it is high, mmm-it is far. ..."[38]
You’d think the Yankees would be able to pull some better talent, lol. God, even my Mets have Howie Rose!

Users who are viewing this thread