What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (2 Viewers)

I think after the Rays won 2 games in the ALDS, most of America forgot that the Astros were the favorite to win the WS and the best team in baseball.  Short memories.  

I'm not someone who listens to sports radio, let alone local sports radio, but I saw Mad Dog talking on MLB Network yesterday afternoon and it's so funny how these guys believe their own hype.  He was talking about how the Yankees pretty much had this thing wrapped up once the game was rained out.  He was doing a breakdown and was amazed how Vegas had Houston as the favorite.  I mean, he was going so far to say that Houston may not get to Game 7 to use Cole.  These people are insane.

I'm interested to see how the Yanks come out tonight.  Because they looked defeated towards the end of that game last night.  Like they had already lost the series.  Someone's going to need to give one hell of a speech in that locker room to fire them up.  And I think if the Astros score first or have the lead by the end of the 2nd inning, it might be over at that point.  

Let's hope JV can finish this thing off tonight.

I think after the Rays won 2 games in the ALDS, most of America forgot that the Astros were the favorite to win the WS and the best team in baseball.  Short memories.  

I'm not someone who listens to sports radio, let alone local sports radio, but I saw Mad Dog talking on MLB Network yesterday afternoon and it's so funny how these guys believe their own hype.  He was talking about how the Yankees pretty much had this thing wrapped up once the game was rained out.  He was doing a breakdown and was amazed how Vegas had Houston as the favorite.  I mean, he was going so far to say that Houston may not get to Game 7 to use Cole.  These people are insane.

I'm interested to see how the Yanks come out tonight.  Because they looked defeated towards the end of that game last night.  Like they had already lost the series.  Someone's going to need to give one hell of a speech in that locker room to fire them up.  And I think if the Astros score first or have the lead by the end of the 2nd inning, it might be over at that point.  

Let's hope JV can finish this thing off tonight.
The overriding theme today in yankee land is that the yanks just aren’t hitting, especially in risp situations. 

I have a news flash. They’re facing good pitching!!!

This is not the Baltimore Orioles you’re playing now, guys!

The overriding theme today in yankee land is that the yanks just aren’t hitting, especially in risp situations. 

I have a news flash. They’re facing good pitching!!!

This is not the Baltimore Orioles you’re playing now, guys!
The Yankees won 103 games.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  Honestly, the Yanks seem to be going through what the 'Stros went through with the Rays.  Every team goes through slumps and hot streaks.  You just don't want your slump to be in October.  And the Yanks seem to be having that happen.  I don't care how good the pitching is, 0-20 with RISP is a slump.  

Looks like the minor leagues are going to get an overhaul.  More pay and better facilities seem to be the biggest things, but no actual word other than "significant changes."

Anyone think the Nats have a chance? I put $20 to win $280 on the Nats at the beginning of the playoffs. Thinking about hedging a chunk on the Stros -175 because I just don't see them losing to anyone.

Anyone think the Nats have a chance? I put $20 to win $280 on the Nats at the beginning of the playoffs. Thinking about hedging a chunk on the Stros -175 because I just don't see them losing to anyone.
Most definitely.  They are hot when they need to be hot.  They are the opposite of hitting a slump at the wrong time.  Their three pitchers are pretty damn solid and can shut down either the Yankees or the Astros.  On top of that, anyone can win the postseason in baseball.  It's all about timing.  If they took the winner of the WS and put them against the Orioles in a 7 game series, I still wouldn't be convinced the Orioles couldn't win that series.

With Scherzer and Strasburg, uh....yeah, I think they have a great chance.  Houston has to advance, too.  Yanks can come back.  It happens.

I saw a bunch of Yankee fans on twitter saying to call Greinke “Donald” which is his first name. Not sure if anyone did at the game. 

Sheik man I bet you could sneak into the World Series wearing a Phillies shirt and no one would give you any problems. 

Boone keeping Paxton in to face Chirinos was the absolute right decision but my god it almost burnt them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad I have no idea what channel this is on or I don't own the channel

Last edited by a moderator:
belljr said:
It's sad I have no idea what channel this is on or I don't own the channel
My dad was taken to the hospital today where his TV has 118 channels.  Wanna guess what wasn't on one of the 118 channels?

Unreal.  My dad is a guy who snuck a radio into school as a kid so his buddies could listen to playoff baseball (day games!!!!) in the bathroom with wink-wink consent from his teachers (who would ask for score updates) as baseball was king.  It mattered the most.

Now it's unavailable in a hospital room with 118 channels on its TV.  What is happening here?  

Premier said:
I loved Yankees fans chanting/making fun of the twins pitcher for driving an Uber...as he pitched in the game they were watching....in the playoffs. Total morons. 
I don't get it...those tickets have to cost a fortune.  How do people with that sort of disposable money have that dearth of decorum?  Generally people with means have a certain amount of class.  Hard to fathom. 

I don't get it...those tickets have to cost a fortune.  How do people with that sort of disposable money have that dearth of decorum?  Generally people with means have a certain amount of class.  Hard to fathom. 
Geez. Finding something unusual in a person's background and making fun of them for it was Fan Behavior 101 for decades. Have we gone so soft that this is "offensive" now?

Users who are viewing this thread