Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2019 MLB Off Season

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Joe Ross starting in his place. 🤮

In a game this important I can't believe they're turning to that Happy Tree Painting guy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Scherzer is hurt and will not start.  Wow. 

Wow indeed.  Just hearing this.  Even though I'm rooting for the Astros, I really wanted to see Cole v. Sherzer again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Major said:

Wow indeed.  Just hearing this.  Even though I'm rooting for the Astros, I really wanted to see Cole v. Sherzer again.  

Right. 

It would’ve been epic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Rodney needs to be injured after the game and bring on another arm for long relief.

Well, with the Scherzer news, really wishing they had 12 pitchers on the roster like the Astros.  Someone like Austin Voth probably would have been more useful on the roster than Brian Dozier or Matt Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Well, with the Scherzer news, really wishing they had 12 pitchers on the roster like the Astros.  Someone like Austin Voth probably would have been more useful on the roster than Brian Dozier or Matt Adams.

Yeah, they need to make up an injury to Rodney and get Voth on the roster for tonight.  Honestly just want Ross and someone to get them through 5 or 6.   Hudson and Doolittle can go multiple innings tonight.

They need to hit Cole like they did in Game 1 too.  Guessing Max can start Game 7 Wednesday assuming they get there and he's not totally jacked up.   That puts Sanchez and Corbin in the bullpen when they get back to Houston.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put some money on Washington and the over parlay. 

Not that I want it to happen but if it does I won’t be totally devastated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish our president would throw out the first pitch. Maybe he’s too worn out from golf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like how the fan in row 1 knocked down that homer. :tebow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falguy said:

Like how the fan in row 1 knocked down that homer. :tebow:

Danger of double fisting, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's early bit Cole looks hittable again tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generous strikezone tonight may keep the game under 4 hours. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, falguy said:

Generous strikezone tonight may keep the game under 4 hours. :thumbup:

Feels like Ross is not getting the same strike zone so far, but I’m a biased observer.

Edited by Don Quixote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Feels like Ross is not getting the same strike zone so far, but I’m a biased observer.

Was going to agree till now but the strike 2 call on Bregman was wide so I'm thinking it's just a big zone. Just hope for consistency for a change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought should have been strike 3 on Correa with that slider outside. That's been a strike all night then a few pitches later hangs one and cc doesn't miss it. Seems to be how things go.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falguy said:

Thought should have been strike 3 on Correa with that slider outside. That's been a strike all night then a few pitches later hangs one and cc doesn't miss it. Seems to be how things go.

 

 

Yeah, agreed on the Bregman one, but I thought the Correa one should have ended the inning with how it’s been called. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Yeah, agreed on the Bregman one, but I thought the Correa one should have ended the inning with how it’s been called. 

Totally. That's what I was trying to say above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good God.  How did he miss the third strike on Brantley?  Luckily he didn't homer after that.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Scherzer can recover and be available for a potential game 7 I don’t count Washington out yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Jesus that was a terrible call.  Like the one to Correa should have been strike 3.

The previous batter struck out, bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ball 4 call on Zimmerman was closer than the strike 3 on Robles. 

Hes missed numerous calls both ways tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falguy said:

The ball 4 call on Zimmerman was closer than the strike 3 on Robles. 

Hes missed numerous calls both ways tho.

Not on the replay they just showed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

If the Nationals lose this I hope they don’t blame the umpires. 

I will vote all day for Robo strike zone...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think I've seen Marlins man at all in the WS. Nobody selling their seat or maybe it's not NY, Boston or LA so he doesn't care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

If the Nationals lose this I hope they don’t blame the umpires. 

I will vote all day for Robo strike zone...

Nats certainly have bigger problems than the umps. Astros are definitely the better team, and haven’t been able to hit with RISP since they got to DC.

But Barksdale’s having enough of a rough night that even national MLB writers are piling on. There was also this earlier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, falguy said:

Dont think I've seen Marlins man at all in the WS. Nobody selling their seat or maybe it's not NY, Boston or LA so he doesn't care?

Was wondering this too. DC has big money and hasn’t had a WS game so I have to imagine those are an insane price. I would imagine Houston would have been easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

If the Nationals lose this I hope they don’t blame the umpires. 

I will vote all day for Robo strike zone...

I won't blame the umps.  There were 2 horrible calls but that certainly isn't the difference.  Cole is great, no Max, and our crappy bullpen are the real problems.

Somehow though if Strasburg can outduel Verlander, I like the Nats chances in Game 7 if Scherzer can go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I won't blame the umps.  There were 2 horrible calls but that certainly isn't the difference.  Cole is great, no Max, and our crappy bullpen are the real problems.

Somehow though if Strasburg can outduel Verlander, I like the Nats chances in Game 7 if Scherzer can go.

Nats are definitely not done. 

They have great starting pitching which is the most important thing...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole has to the absolute favorite player of every interviewer out there.  Every simple question he gives this intricate explanation of everything going through his head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Gerrit Cole just made himself a lot of $$$

Just now? Dude made himself a lot of money in June 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Astros need a split to cement a place in history as a dynasty. 

Seems a pretty low bar for a dynasty. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Capella said:

Just now? Dude made himself a lot of money in June 

I actually saw him in person in June. Great seat in Cincy right behind home plate. Osuna blew it in the 9th. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, culdeus said:

Seems a pretty low bar for a dynasty. 

They won’t be a Dynasty?

2 out of 3 and  3 straight 100+ win seasons, I think that’s been done like 4-5 times in history...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Major said:

Wow indeed.  Just hearing this.  Even though I'm rooting for the Astros, I really wanted to see Cole v. Sherzer again.  

 

7 hours ago, NREC34 said:

Right. 

It would’ve been epic. 

I think I'd prefer a JV/Scherzer matchup. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.