Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2019 MLB Off Season

Rendon is something else.  So calm and collected in the clutch.  Game 7 is going to be epic.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Send strasburg out to start the 9th.  Still just over 100 pitches.  And looks great.

Yep, keep riding him Until he can ride no more.

1 minute ago, Zow said:

Bring him back in the ninth??*

*Assuming no runs scored in the top of the ninth. 

If you sent him out for the 8th and he threw what 4 or 5 pitches then why wouldn't you send him back out? 

Rendon may have indeed rendered that all moot. Whoa, I hope so.

I didn't agree with the call. 

4 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Send strasburg out to start the 9th.  Still just over 100 pitches.  And looks great.

This 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If you sent him out for the 8th and he threw what 4 or 5 pitches then why wouldn't you send him back out? 

Yeah I think he’s going back out but he’s still over 100. I’d consider Doolittle or Hudson to go right at the bottom half of the lineup. 

Just now, Zow said:

Yeah I think he’s going back out but he’s still over 100. I’d consider Doolittle or Hudson to go right at the bottom half of the lineup. 

Hudson threw 35 pitches Sunday night.  I mean if we have to use him so be it but I'd rather save him for tomorrow.  Strasburg can go 115-120 easily.  He's not pitching again until February.

• Like 1

Hudson threw 35 pitches Sunday night.  I mean if we have to use him so be it but I'd rather save him for tomorrow.  Strasburg can go 115-120 easily.  He's not pitching again until February.

Yeah I think you’re right. 

7 minutes ago, Zow said:

Bring him back in the ninth??*

*Assuming no runs scored in the top of the ninth. 

Why not.  Guy is on cruise control. 

Yeah, and I don’t think anyone really knows what we can expect from Max tomorrow. Save Hudson/Doolittle if you can.

Just now, Don Quixote said:

Yeah, and I don’t think anyone really knows what we can expect from Max tomorrow. Save Hudson/Doolittle if you can.

Yep. Tomorrow Max goes as long as he can while effective.  Then you have Corbin and Sanchez, if needed, before Hudson and Doolittle.   

Wow Rendon is good. 

I’m going to the watch party tomorrow. What the hell. 

• Like 4

Why are they pulling him with a 5 run lead to play matchups?  Is Matt Williams the interim manager?

Almost like Montgomery Burns pulling Strawberry for Homer.

Why are they pulling him with a 5 run lead to play matchups?  Is Matt Williams the interim manager?

Maybe he told them he was waning. Plus that ball was pretty squarely hit (great play by Cabrera). 

Just now, Zow said:

Maybe he told them he was waning. Plus that ball was pretty squarely hit (great play by Cabrera). 

It's 7-2.  He can give up a 750 foot homer, or at least a baserunner, before pulling him.

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

It's 7-2.  He can give up a 750 foot homer, or at least a baserunner, before pulling him.

Which would increase the pressure on the next guy. 

I like bringing Doolittle I’m against the lefty with no pressure. 

2 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

pray for a man in the middle
one that talks like Doolittle

A little miss can’t be wrong...

MLB Network has the press conferences on.  AJ Hinch on now. He said Joe Torre going to come out in a bit.

Bregman apologizes for carrying his bat to first. OTOH:

Juan Soto on MLB Network, on mimicking Alex Bregman's bat drop: "I just told it to myself, as soon as I saw that, what Bregman did in the first inning, I was like 'that was pretty cool, I want to do that!'"

Love Soto. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

So first time home team lost six straight in a seven game series. Unbreakable record going to bet set tonight? 'Stros fan, but almost want to see history made.

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-road-teams-notching-early-wins

Sorry if it's a Honda, not following the thread, but this just fascinates me.

Edited by DallasDMac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, falguy said:

These umps are the best of the best,huh?

Yes they are. But they are human and will make mistakes. And that Trea Turner call was awful. #### happens.

In MLB, NBA, or NHL (the article I read also included the NFL for some reason), no playoff series in the history of any of those sports has had a 7 game series where the away teams won the first 6 games of a series.  That's not just finals.  That's ANY playoff series.  That's pretty wild.

I think the slight edge goes to the Nats tonight.  Lots of pressure on the Astros to win against Max.  I still don't think Max will be the Max of old, but who knows.  Maybe this will be his bloody sock moment.  

What scares me most about this game tonight is the Astros bats cooled off again last night.  So did they really break out of their slump?  Or did they just pull off the Enron's Ride of Broken Dreams trajectory?

3 minutes ago, Todem said:

Yes they are. But they are human and will make mistakes. And that Trea Turner call was awful. #### happens.

The play was actually not awful.  There's an actual rule in place that states he's out.

Since the dawn of time, players have run down the first base line on the wrong side trying to "walk the line" of fair and foul, literally.  You want to know what an awful call is?  Swinging at a pitch, missing, and having it called a foul.  Players complain about these types of calls all of the time, but they are in the wrong.  

• Like 1

Astros tonight. I don’t take their inability to win 4 games in a row as a negative to their series chances.

Statistically unlikely that the Astros go 0-4 at home to lose the World Series. If the Nationals somehow pull it off, they earned it. 

• Like 1

Craziest part of this series is:

The series itself has been amazing as a whole, but individually, the games themselves have been boring.  No drama in game.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

In MLB, NBA, or NHL (the article I read also included the NFL for some reason), no playoff series in the history of any of those sports has had a 7 game series where the away teams won the first 6 games of a series.  That's not just finals.  That's ANY playoff series.  That's pretty wild.

I think the slight edge goes to the Nats tonight.  Lots of pressure on the Astros to win against Max.  I still don't think Max will be the Max of old, but who knows.  Maybe this will be his bloody sock moment.  

What scares me most about this game tonight is the Astros bats cooled off again last night.  So did they really break out of their slump?  Or did they just pull off the Enron's Ride of Broken Dreams trajectory?

They faced good pitching. 

Pitching is the key to the series. 

My favorite part of the call is all of the tweets from former and current players saying it was a bad call and that the umps messed up.  Then Kate Upton posting a picture of the firstbase path and explaining the rule (correctly).  :lol:

Players hate the rule.  But it IS a rule.  Just because you don't like a rule doesn't mean it's unfair if they use it. 

• Like 1

Just now, NREC34 said:

They faced good pitching. 

Pitching is the key to the series. 

Pitching has been the furthest thing from the key to this series.  It's been all about who's got the hot bats.  I know we love to talk about Max, Cole, JV and Stras, but the truth is, these guys aren't unhittable.  They are very good, but they are not automatic wins.  And on top of that, none of them go 9 innings on a regular basis.  

We are in the postseason.  Every team is throwing out good pitching.  To say that a team isn't hitting because the other team's pitching is good is ridiculous.  Each team that has lost so far has had trouble hitting with RISP.  That's been the takeaway.  Players have been crushing moonshots off of these great pitchers.  Both teams.  But what is causing each team to lose is that they can't hit the ball when it counts.

No matter who wins tonight, there's no one who is going to look back on this series and say, "Wow.  Great pitching really determined the outcome of this series."

Another thing about a WS G7 is that everyone except Stras and JV are going to be available tonight.  So I wouldn't be surprised to see Cole or Corbin warming up in the bullpen at some point tonight if things are close.  And both Max and Zack are going to be on very short leashes.  I'd imagine the first time Greinke has two men on, you might see Urquidy warming up in the bullpen.  It's all hands on deck.  

4 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Another thing about a WS G7 is that everyone except Stras and JV are going to be available tonight.  So I wouldn't be surprised to see Cole or Corbin warming up in the bullpen at some point tonight if things are close.  And both Max and Zack are going to be on very short leashes.  I'd imagine the first time Greinke has two men on, you might see Urquidy warming up in the bullpen.  It's all hands on deck.  

Right. 

Pitching...

6 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I wouldn't rule out Stras or Verlander either.

6 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Corbin isn't just going to warm he's probably the first guy to pitch after Max tonight.   Anibal Sanchez could get a couple innings too instead of our turd relievers.  If we get through 6 with the lead I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to finish with Hudson and Doolittle though I'd be nervous about that.  I really wish they wouldn't have used Doolittle last night.

• Like 1

Early indications from Vegas showing that more money is coming in on the Nationals than the Astros. Whether this is sharp money or public money, I am not sure.

Scherzer is truly the key to me. 

If he is totally healthy he could shut the Astros down. If not and they tee off him it could get ugly.