What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (10 Viewers)

They can go both ways. Either the Yanks didn’t push for their own opt out or Cole wouldn’t agree to one. Why should it be required?
Not saying it should be required.   If there is an opt out clause though why not have it both ways?

Not saying it should be required.   If there is an opt out clause though why not have it both ways?
Because the player had enough leverage to make it one-way by virtue of the value they have to the employer.

Why should employees voluntarily forgo the opportunity to negotiate a massive benefit from employers without getting anything in return?

Cole had all the leverage.  If the Yanks put in a buyout/team option, why would Cole sign up for that when he had other options.  The opt out is huge, but no different than what the ballers are doing nowadays to maximize worth. 

:lol:   

I'm coming up on the old 46.  He played into 1984.  My family knew Mike Piazza's family so we went to a lot of Dodgers-Phillies games.  Mike would be the Dodgers batboy at these games.  My brother and I were at a game and we were asking all of the Dodgers for baseballs and autographs.  Again, we were in early because of Mike.  But they kept refusing because we had Phillies gear on.  Finally, one guy walked by and offered to sign a ball.  He asked if my brother wanted anything written on it.  My brother said, "Sign it 'To (Sheik's brother), the guy who taught me everything.'"  And without missing a beat, the guy signed it that way.  To this day, that ball is still sitting on my brother's mantle.

To (Sheik's brother), the guy who taught me everything.

Bob Welch  

Also, I said "pitched" when talking about Monday.  I meant 'play'.  Got pitching on the mind with the Cole signing.
Awesome.  My all time favorite player.

Okay. I thought you meant you could remember him being drafted. I’m a year older than you fml. 

Between Bob Welch and Steve Howe there was some bad luck later in life from some of those early 80s Dodgers guys. 
By the way, I laughed at the first line, and clicked the laughing guy reaction.  Then read the second line.  :mellow:

NREC34 said:
No. You trade Correa so you can extend Springer. I love Correa and it pains me to say that. He just seems to be a bit of a head case that can’t stay healthy for a full year. Unreal talent though. 

A lot of chatter on Twitter about Luis Castillo of the Reds. 
Would love to see Correa on the Reds (after missing out on both Didi and Grandal), but man, I'd hate to see them give up Castillo.

Would love to see Correa on the Reds (after missing out on both Didi and Grandal), but man, I'd hate to see them give up Castillo.
I saw Castillo beat Verlander in Cincy this past June. He’s pretty darn good! 

Some people are saying they’d add Reddick in with Correa and then maybe sign Rendon. Now that would be a good turn of events for the Astros if it could happen. Lord knows they need it lol. 

I saw Castillo beat Verlander in Cincy this past June. He’s pretty darn good! 

Some people are saying they’d add Reddick in with Correa and then maybe sign Rendon. Now that would be a good turn of events for the Astros if it could happen. Lord knows they need it lol. 
So Rendon to the Astros? Where does Bregman move to? He is not a SS.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Rendon to the Astros? Where does Bregman move to? He is not a SS.
I would say there's no chance he goes to the Astros.  They are trying to clear money.  

But Bregman was a SS until the big leagues.  In fact, when he came up, there was a lot of talk if he'd be able to move to 3B and still be good.  

Yeah....true true. Rendon is a stretch though to the Astros.....I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wacha going to the Mets.  I was hoping the Astros or Phils would take a shot on him.  
$3M plus incentives. 

He hasn't been good since before the injuries.  It's not impossible that he could turn things around with the Mets but I'm not going to draft him.

Blake Treinen to the Dodgers for 1/$10M.  Interesting signing who was as bad in 2019 as he was good in 2018.

Could this be the year Jansen loses his role?

Jordan Lyles who helped the Brewers and a lot of fantasy teams down the stretch this year gets paid by Texas 2/$16M.

The Rangers rotation now is Lyles, Kyle Gibson, Lance Lynn, Mike Minor and Kolby Allard.  No superstars but solid.
Brewers will not be good this year

BOOM! Brewers bringing Josh Lindblom back to the states from South Korea. 3 years for 9 million. Such a better bang for the buck than some dude making $300+ million.
Small sample but the pitchers returning from the KBO have fared pretty well in the NL.  Miles Mikolas was good enough to sign a second contract with St. Louis.  Merrill Kelly was a league average innings eater in Arizona.  Lindblom's numbers last season for Doosan were incredible.

@JonHeyman: Rendon deal done with angels . 245M . 7 yrs.
Big upgrade for the Anaheims obviously.  Fletcher can move to 2B and whatever they get from Tommy La Stella's return is a bonus.  They still have two years on Pujols and three on Upton but it's not my money.

Their pitching still needs help even if Ohtani comes back 100%.

Big upgrade for the Anaheims obviously.  Fletcher can move to 2B and whatever they get from Tommy La Stella's return is a bonus.  They still have two years on Pujols and three on Upton but it's not my money.

Saying they are going after Bumgarner, Ryu, or Keuchel

Rendon will "only" average 6 million more than what they're paying the corpse of Pujols this year.

Now that Angels have Fletcher, LaStella and Rengifo at 2B.   Fletcher played some LF.  I'm guessing Fletcher and La Stella in LF, and Upton in RF

Out of the top 30 available FA's, only 13 remain unsigned as of today.  What a difference it's been this year.  

Only 4 top 10 FA's left.

Looks like teams are going to have to start making trades if they want to make themselves better in 2020.

Til the day I die I will never figure out how they got the pronunciation of "shawn" out of that spelling.

He will always be Chone to me. 
I remember listening to sports shows and they'd talk about "Shawn Figgins" and I'd have no clue who they were talking about.  Took me years to put it together that Chone and Shawn were the same person.

Users who are viewing this thread