Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Just now, shadyridr said:

DJ!

The only one with any balls. 

Coincidentally, the only one who doesn't swing out of his shoes 95 percent of the time....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Verlander looks like doodoo

never seen him this bad

Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

never seen him this bad

Game 4 against the Rays?

Boone keeping Paxton in to face Chirinos was the absolute right decision but my god it almost burnt them. 

Edited by shadyridr

It's sad I have no idea what channel this is on or I don't own the channel

Edited by belljr

Game 6 tomorrow. Bullpen game for both teams. Should be interesting. 

7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Wait, what?

I loved Yankees fans chanting/making fun of the twins pitcher for driving an Uber...as he pitched in the game they were watching....in the playoffs. Total morons. 

1 hour ago, belljr said:

It's sad I have no idea what channel this is on or I don't own the channel

My dad was taken to the hospital today where his TV has 118 channels.  Wanna guess what wasn't on one of the 118 channels?

Unreal.  My dad is a guy who snuck a radio into school as a kid so his buddies could listen to playoff baseball (day games!!!!) in the bathroom with wink-wink consent from his teachers (who would ask for score updates) as baseball was king.  It mattered the most.

Now it's unavailable in a hospital room with 118 channels on its TV.  What is happening here?  

47 minutes ago, Premier said:

I loved Yankees fans chanting/making fun of the twins pitcher for driving an Uber...as he pitched in the game they were watching....in the playoffs. Total morons. 

I don't get it...those tickets have to cost a fortune.  How do people with that sort of disposable money have that dearth of decorum?  Generally people with means have a certain amount of class.  Hard to fathom. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I don't get it...those tickets have to cost a fortune.  How do people with that sort of disposable money have that dearth of decorum?  Generally people with means have a certain amount of class.  Hard to fathom. 

Geez. Finding something unusual in a person's background and making fun of them for it was Fan Behavior 101 for decades. Have we gone so soft that this is "offensive" now?

7 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Geez. Finding something unusual in a person's background and making fun of them for it was Fan Behavior 101 for decades. Have we gone so soft that this is "offensive" now?

I mean making fun of a guy for having to hustle to make ends meet while he was being underpaid in the minors is pretty lame, yea. Especially considering 95% of their fan base is probably in the same financial position. 

10 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Dissing on a major league pitcher for previously having to supplement his income by driving for Uber is tacky and lacks class.  But it doesn't outrage me.  I just find it curious that people with that sort of disposable money would lack that sort of decorum.  

However, if you think those of us bothered by the fan who heckled Zack Greinke for having social anxiety disorder are "soft", well, we're just not going to agree there.  I'm not sure if that's part of your "wussificstion of 'merica" theme you're demonstrating above or not, but if you are, I find that mindset to be repulsive. 

13 hours ago, shadyridr said:

DJ!

I saw DJ play a few times when he was in HS.   When you see a 16-17 year old kid with a sweet swing it is still hard to picture him years later playing in a championship series on TV.   

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Dissing on a major league pitcher for previously having to supplement his income by driving for Uber is tacky and lacks class.  But it doesn't outrage me.  I just find it curious that people with that sort of disposable money would lack that sort of decorum.  

However, if you think those of us bothered by the fan who heckled Zack Greinke for having social anxiety disorder are "soft", well, we're just not going to agree there.  I'm not sure if that's part of your "wussificstion of 'merica" theme you're demonstrating above or not, but if you are, I find that mindset to be repulsive. 

Those are two completely different situations and were treated appropriately. In one case, the ##### were kicked out of the stadium. In the other, nothing happened because nothing should have happened.

I had to miss the game last night. Had it set up to work my second job Monday and Friday but the rain out screwed me. Gonna probably watch the first inning on the dvr and maybe be done with it. Seemed like it was a pitchers duel after that...

I think the Astros are starting Urquidy today but I haven’t seen who NY is planning to go with. If they pull this out they have momentum going into to game 7 but facing Cole. I hope the Astros can end this thing tonight.