What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (2 Viewers)

Auburn cheating and paying for Cam stole a Heisman Trophy from Andrew Luck. It's still cheating. 
Everybody pays players in CFB, ESPECIALLY Alabama and the SEC/southern schools. That’s why nobody cares. If 30 teams were banging on garbage cans this wouldn’t be a big deal either. 

Everybody pays players in CFB, ESPECIALLY Alabama and the SEC/southern schools. That’s why nobody cares. If 30 teams were banging on garbage cans this wouldn’t be a big deal either. 
The NCAA starts caring when they don't get a piece of the pie. JoePA was paying players for yrs and basically extorting law enforcement long before the SEC got real dirty and all while harboring sexual predators. I've said multiple times are colleges are dirty. I'm just pointing out to say what Auburn didn't isn't the same it kind of is when the player should've been deemed ineligible 

That's taken out of context.  I've gone over this already, GB, but the argument was about the minor leaguers involved in the trade that fell through.  Those minor leaguers were millionaires. 
Okay cool I got it out of context. I was stunned last year when I discovered how little the bulk of the minor league players make. We had season tickets for The round Rock Express and I canceled this year because I didn't like their abusive salary structures. That and the parent club are cheaters

Predictable nonsense about cheating is cheating.  As if my daughter rolling a 5 but moving 6 spaces in Candyland is on par with a systematic, sophisticated scheme and cover-up.  The ‘whataboutism’ at this point is almost as shameful as the cheating itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJackson10 said:
They all knew when it was going on what was going on and then when it got reported they all acted shocked. The media members aren't doing anyone any favors with the voting. They are just sucking up to fans who finally caught on about them being in on the whole gig. Like I said everyone in MLB knew about and there's writers out there who have said we as journalist knew it was going on. I've seen some journalists write about guys juicing up blatantly right in front of them and no one would say a dam thing. The whole No HoF is just lip service to the fans by them because they know the backlash putting them in would cause. 

Like I said they all took the sort way to get the game popular after the strike. 
If everybody knew about it, why didn't pitchers changed pitches when they heard the can banging?

If everybody knew about it, why didn't pitchers changed pitches when they heard the can banging?
I'm talking about the PED Scandal in that comment. I was talking about any journalist or baseball person upset with this who defended the PED scandal are just hypocrites and hoping people don't remember how they defended the PED ERA. Everyone knew about the PEDs but then came out SHOCKED it was going on and many of them even defending it 

I'm talking about the PED Scandal in that comment. I was talking about any journalist or baseball person upset with this who defended the PED scandal are just hypocrites and hoping people don't remember how they defended the PED ERA. Everyone knew about the PEDs but then came out SHOCKED it was going on and many of them even defending it 
sorry, misunderstood

The hits keep on coming in Astros land Does everyone in this organization think they are above the game?

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

Francis Martes, Astros pitcher, suspended 162 games for PED. 2nd offense. Rough stretch for Astros.

On a side note, got tickets to see the Mets on 3/19 down in Port St. Lucie. Had a blast last year, a great complex and great day at the park.

ok... now back to sign stealing.

DJackson10 said:
Auburn cheating and paying for Cam stole a Heisman Trophy from Andrew Luck. It's still cheating. 
Keep telling yourself they are the same thing.  Meanwhile Cam will make the CFHOF, and Astros will be getting beaned.

Ok ... now back to sign stealing.
As far as the sign stealing goes, teams have been aware of that going on for years. Why not have multiple ways to convey signals and change the signals constantly to make them harder to steal? Or use a series of 10 signs and have the pitcher and catcher communicate which one they were using? The point being, shouldn’t there have been ways for the pitchers to mess with the sign stealers?

As far as the sign stealing goes, teams have been aware of that going on for years. Why not have multiple ways to convey signals and change the signals constantly to make them harder to steal? Or use a series of 10 signs and have the pitcher and catcher communicate which one they were using? The point being, shouldn’t there have been ways for the pitchers to mess with the sign stealers?
They were. In the WS. Correa talked about it. But LA still gonna play the victim card. 

The Nats developed signs for the World Series to try to counteract the Astros sign-stealing.  Suzuki was complaining about it the other day, and how ridiculous it was that they had to do that. 

The Nats developed signs for the World Series to try to counteract the Astros sign-stealing.  Suzuki was complaining about it the other day, and how ridiculous it was that they had to do that. 
Yeah that’s another ridiculous comment.  As if the Astros didn’t also do the same. 

Baseball knew they had a problem and could have handled it way better. They could’ve fixed this years ago when they first figured out they had a problem. 

You looked at my girlfriend and had carnal thoughts. So did 10 other guys. Now I’m going to beat only your ### for it. 
Wrong analogy. 11 guys had carnal thoughts but only one reached out and put his hand up her skirt. That guy’s getting the beat down because he went and actually created the harm versus the other guys that managed to follow the rules like a respectable person.

This was gone over like 85 pages ago. In football teams study film to try and know what plays may be coming.  That’s different than having a mic in the huddle that’s relaying the exact play to the defense. 

So does everyone here think it'll be LA v. NY in the WS this year?  I'm going to say that I don't think either will make the WS and only one will make the LCS.

Yeah that’s another ridiculous comment.  As if the Astros didn’t also do the same. 

Baseball knew they had a problem and could have handled it way better. They could’ve fixed this years ago when they first figured out they had a problem. 
Yes, I’m sure you know better than a major league catcher what is ridiculous to a major league catcher.

All I know is NYY vs HOU ALCS would be epic in playoffs and would get massive ratings.
I think it will be pretty tough for HOU to get that far. They won’t get a call all season long and umps will be calling pitches strikes almost a foot out of the stoke zone when they are batting. They will be under the microscope all season long. And they lost Cole. 

Wrong analogy. 11 guys had carnal thoughts but only one reached out and put his hand up her skirt. That guy’s getting the beat down because he went and actually created the harm versus the other guys that managed to follow the rules like a respectable person.
This

its forever tainted no matter what else happens or who else is disciplined basically the houston astros have the leg lamp of championship trophies and when stros fans try to tell you its a major award all you can do is roll your eyes and realize everyone else knows the truth that its a fraud take that to the bank bromigos 

its forever tainted no matter what else happens or who else is disciplined basically the houston astros have the leg lamp of championship trophies and when stros fans try to tell you its a major award all you can do is roll your eyes and realize everyone else knows the truth that its a fraud take that to the bank bromigos 
2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, BABY!

I think it will be pretty tough for HOU to get that far. They won’t get a call all season long and umps will be calling pitches strikes almost a foot out of the stoke zone when they are batting. They will be under the microscope all season long. And they lost Cole. 
On paper they are still a top 2 team in the AL. Will be fun to see if all the other stuff hurts them or motivates them. 

This is really brilliant, to be honest. 

2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, BABY!
thats cute ralphie dont shoot your eye out take that to the bank bromigo

Lost in all of the noise, Brock Holt signed with the Brewers.  This means Puig is the only top 50 free agent still unsigned.  This is still amazing to me.  I would think someone wants him.  Maybe his asking price is too high?

Users who are viewing this thread