Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2020 MLB Spring Training

Worth noting
The Reds have been hit by a pitch 14 times in Cactus League play, the most of any club in the Majors this spring.

I thought this was interesting from the Reds website yesterday.  So, I guess maybe all the talk about the Astros being beaned is getting overblown?

6 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

The Angels were reportedly tipped off by Major League Baseball that Brian “Bubba” Harkins allegedly had been providing the sticky substances to improve opponents’ grip on the baseball.

Sooo....if the MLB tipped the Angels off is it safe to say that they discovered it through the player's tell all?  So the players can cheat with impunity, but the little people get fired.  Sounds fair.

• Like 1

Boy, do the Angels suck at cheating.  Don't they know they're supposed to help themselves and not other teams? :confused:

• Laughing 2

If my math is correct, and it rarely is, 20 days until Opening Day.  That's crazy.  

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Boy, do the Angels suck at cheating.  Don't they know they're supposed to help themselves and not other teams? :confused:

No worse than the Astros stealing signs that made it harder to hit according to you. ;)

1 minute ago, Tom Hagen said:

No worse than the Astros stealing signs that made it harder to hit according to you. ;)

I know you're joking with me and I'm not upset, but I did want to just point out that I didn't actually say that.  I posted that article that ESPN had up, and in it, they linked to an article about a study done by Baseball Prospectus that said the Astros scheme hurt them as much as it helped them.  It's a paysite, so I can't tell you what the actual study said.  I was just asking if anyone had read it.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Judge has a broken rib and may need surgery.

Fml

Judge, Severino, and Paxton all suffered their injuries LAST year. Wtf is wrong with this medical staff?

The surgery would be to remove his rib. 

Love that they injury happened last September and he had 4 months off and they just discover it now. Good work boys. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Capella said:

Love that they injury happened last September and he had 4 months off and they just discover it now. Good work boys. 

How is that even possible ? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Apparently they hired away the Mets medical staff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Fml

I like how they said might not be ready for opening day. Dude is having surgery. 

• Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Was it Shaq who waited to have surgery until the off-season was over? He said “Why should I do my recovery during my vacation?”

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

The surgery would be to remove his rib. 

I’ve thought about having that procedure done as well.  🥴

• Laughing 1

lol. Angels announce Opening Day Starter is...

Andrew Heaney???

• Thinking 1

Sorry for a late notice but I'm starting a Keeper league on Yahoo (h2h standard scoring 2-3 NA slots plus UTL and DH pos) from scratch this year. My old keeper league is no more. I was in a league with guys from the old MLB boards (specifically the Phillies forum) and MLB shut down their boards without notice a little over 2 yrs ago (No email or notification to the fans this was happening or heads up). We kept the league up until last year and this year its dead. I was able to get 5 from my old league including myself to join. I have a friend who also is joining plus 2 guys from my Eagles Facebook group already to make 8. THERE IS NO BUY IN AND THIS IS NOT A MONEY LEAGUE. I already have guys joining simple because it was not gonna be a money league so keep that in mind. 

I'm looking for at least 2 more players preferable with Fantasy baseball experience already ( I do not wish to have anyone who is just starting out as the guys I play with are very competitive). If we have to depending on roster sizes could go to 12 teams depending who's interested. I'm leaving 1 spot open though as I asked a buddy of mine if his co worker was interested I know. If you got Fantasy plus keeper league experience already thats a plus but not necessary. Looking to do the draft between Sun March 22 and WED 25th as MLB starts the 26th so keep that in mind before joining. This is a league with knowledgeable managers who are also into the saber metrics so I really cannot be having any new fans of the sport in the league. Sorry if thats sounds arrogant and its not meant to offend. More so trying to protect league integrity and you for getting destroyed in the league, then lack of confidence quitting mid way into the first year or shortly after the league year. 

We'll be keeping this league incredible official. I'll start a facebook group for the league itself send the link here to those who's facebook's I don't have and we'll keep the league Message Board on the actual league page updated as often as possible. When signing into the league don't pay attention to the roster and stats. those are up for debate and just a frame work of what I'd like for the league. ALL LEAGUE RULES AND EVERYTHING WILL BE UP FOR VOTE. RULES WILL NOT BE CHANGED UNTIL AFTER thE CURRENT SEASON (Exceptions for incidents out of our control or needing to change a start to make the league scoring and such make sense). If you aren't active or managers start emailing me about possible tanking and throwing games I will contact the manager to see what's going on (Sometimes manger may not be at actual fault). If you know you won't be near internet service or get to your line up for a week Yahoo does a great job if you auto set your line up for the week. Just go day by day and make any changes you may want though after but it will put all your probable starters in their correct spots for the week. However if you are deemed to be throwing games you will get a warning. Second offense we can put up to debate on what happens (Thinking loss of pick) and the 3rd time I put it up for vote on the league page to terminate the manager. I' hoping Yahoo for baseball has a losers bracket to prevent this however. All announcements will come through the league page and on facebook so make sure you check them and your email. 

I know this is late notice but I just found out the league was folding. I gave my guys in the league a few days to mull over starting a new league if interested and if needed to add people on the outside to our league. If interested contact directly this post or through PM on here so we can get your info for the league. 

20 hours ago, JaxBill said:

lol. Angels announce Opening Day Starter is...

Andrew Heaney???

To be fair he was judged a top prospect at one time.........

Some guy at the Houston game today wore a trash can on his head and banged on it all day. Bet that was fun to sit next to. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, Capella said:

Some guy at the Houston game today wore a trash can on his head and banged on it all day. Bet that was fun to sit next to. 

Why do I have Todd Rundgren's song "Bang on the drum all day" running through my head?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, shadyridr said:

Judge, Severino, and Paxton all suffered their injuries LAST year. Wtf is wrong with this medical staff?

roids

• Love 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, TheIronSheik said:

Judge has a broken rib and may need surgery.

I rolled the dice on him in the mid rounds of my fantasy league.  Could be a dumb move but my team always sucks in this particular league so I felt I had to do it.  It could be huge, could be a totally wasted pick.

8 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

Any guesses on the date of "Opening Day 2020"?

sad face emoji

10 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

I'm thinking June...hopefully.

38 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

If they don’t get better quickly, I’d guess we play 81 games starting right after the proposed ASB and make a mad dash. 

A two week delay it is... 

(for now  :oldunsure: )

I had plane tickets and planned to go to Arizona for my first ever spring training experience.  I was supposed to leave today.  Cancelled the trip once games were cancelled.  Sucks.

With most sports, except for football, I stop watching once my team is out. I know the Nationals won last year but I honestly don't even know who they played. I'm planning on watching all of the different series, to have on in the background, as a distraction.  Could someone list all the first round matchups? I'm afraid of spoilers so I don't want to look it up.

tia

5 minutes ago, jamny said:

With most sports, except for football, I stop watching once my team is out. I know the Nationals won last year but I honestly don't even know who they played. I'm planning on watching all of the different series, to have on in the background, as a distraction.  Could someone list all the first round matchups? I'm afraid of spoilers so I don't want to look it up.

tia

Cardinals vs. Braves
Nationals/Brewers vs. Dodgers

Twins vs. Yankees
Rays/A's vs. Astros

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RnR said:

Cardinals vs. Braves
Nationals/Brewers vs. Dodgers

Twins vs. Yankees
Rays/A's vs. Astros

Thanks GB. :thumbup: 

I'll start with Nationals/Brewers and Rays/A's. I know who wins the first one but wtf.

See, I just do a search and the first thing I see about Nats/Brewers is a Soto HR in the 8th. I'm guessing it's that game. 

I'm gonna be a PITA in this thread and ask for non-spoiler links.

Someone hook me up with a non-spoiler link to that game. I'll still start there and see how this goes.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Gally said:

I had plane tickets and planned to go to Arizona for my first ever spring training experience.  I was supposed to leave today.  Cancelled the trip once games were cancelled.  Sucks.

Son and I had tickets for Mon-Wed this week.  Five games.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Looking at the teams, I'm pretty sure it's the Twins in the WS, if I remember correctly. Whatever. I don't care. Still plan on watching.

Edited by jamny

7 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Son and I had tickets for Mon-Wed this week.  Five games.

Sucks. Had tickets for my son and I this Thursday to see the Mets. Might have to try and go down to Miami later this year to see them, but I’d rather see Spring Training in the newly renovated complex in Port St. Lucie.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamny said:

See, I just do a search and the first thing I see about Nats/Brewers is a Soto HR in the 8th. I'm guessing it's that game. 

I'm gonna be a PITA in this thread and ask for non-spoiler links.

Someone hook me up with a non-spoiler link to that game. I'll still start there and see how this goes.

YouTube has every MLB game since 2009. Here's a link about it and shows how to search for games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/51ghh1/psa_how_to_watch_any_mlb_game_since_2009_for_free/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 7:55 AM, Caesar said:

Worth noting
The Reds have been hit by a pitch 14 times in Cactus League play, the most of any club in the Majors this spring.

I thought this was interesting from the Reds website yesterday.  So, I guess maybe all the talk about the Astros being beaned is getting overblown?

Clint Hurdle freelance managing in AZ?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Chris Sale opts for Tommy John surgery.  I guess if you have to miss a full season, this is the one to miss.

Posted (edited)

#OpeningDayAtHome

MLB tomorrow will present “Opening Day at Home,” a full slate of 30 games broadcast nationally across various platforms including digital streaming and social media, creating a full-day event on what would have been Opening Day.

eta- I’m a day late, so “tomorrow “ means today. Happy opening Day! #LFGM

Edited by MindCrime

Strat-O-Matic to simulate 2020 MLB games

Can't wait to see how Mookie Betts will perform atop the Dodgers lineup? Or how Gerrit Cole fares with the Yankees?   Baseball fans who had their dreams of opening day shattered by the delayed start to the season will be able to get a little bit of that magic back, thanks to the folks at Strat-O-Matic.    The legendary board game company has announced it will be simulating the 2020 MLB season, beginning on the schedule's original opening day, March 26.

Using its unique player ratings and its Baseball Daily game, Strat-O-Matic will play each of the MLB games on that day's schedule and unveil the scores, stats and key game highlights at 2 p.m. ET.

I was more of Hockey Strat guy back in the day, the joy of seeing the UPS guy stop in front of the house in the summer ...priceless.

• Like 1

It’s amazing how Syndergaard needing TJ surgery and being out for the season didn’t even register for me given all that’s going on. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, kodycutter said:

Strat-O-Matic to simulate 2020 MLB games

Can't wait to see how Mookie Betts will perform atop the Dodgers lineup? Or how Gerrit Cole fares with the Yankees?   Baseball fans who had their dreams of opening day shattered by the delayed start to the season will be able to get a little bit of that magic back, thanks to the folks at Strat-O-Matic.    The legendary board game company has announced it will be simulating the 2020 MLB season, beginning on the schedule's original opening day, March 26.

Using its unique player ratings and its Baseball Daily game, Strat-O-Matic will play each of the MLB games on that day's schedule and unveil the scores, stats and key game highlights at 2 p.m. ET.

I was more of Hockey Strat guy back in the day, the joy of seeing the UPS guy stop in front of the house in the summer ...priceless.

I started looking at this on a daily basis. A nice diversion.

Royals are 8-2 at the moment.

:headbang:

Link To Season

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Redraft?

Nah