Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2020 MLB Spring Training

51 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Better than nothing I guess. Been debating whether I should cancel my extra innings package on Directv. Feels kind of gimmicky and that people won’t even acknowledge this season as a real season when they look back on it. 

I’d hope they would give a discount. I’ll be watching and doing my fantasy baseball leagues if they do something but yeah it will be a weird season for sure. 

Not likely to happen.  The players union would have to buy in, haven't seen any players excited about this prospect.  The players would be essentially self quarantining themselves for months to do this.  Keep in mind there is no minor league farm system working.  My guess is they'd have to have taxi squads like the NFL so that they could call on players when injuries arise or something to that effect.  

These games in "bubbles" or empty venues sound great on the surface, but the reality is that in the team construct and having locker rooms, contact, etc. it simply isn't safe for the players if it isn't safe for fans to sit in chairs and watch.  

21 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Not likely to happen.  The players union would have to buy in, haven't seen any players excited about this prospect.  The players would be essentially self quarantining themselves for months to do this.  Keep in mind there is no minor league farm system working.  My guess is they'd have to have taxi squads like the NFL so that they could call on players when injuries arise or something to that effect.  

These games in "bubbles" or empty venues sound great on the surface, but the reality is that in the team construct and having locker rooms, contact, etc. it simply isn't safe for the players if it isn't safe for fans to sit in chairs and watch.  

The players are gonna be a lot less excited to make literally no money this year. 

• Like 1

I heard that they’d be using electronic umpires for ball/strike. If that gets the ball rolling on that permanently, it would be a great thing to come out of this. 

If they don’t play then would the players just lose a year on their contract? Maybe Betts never plays in LA and we have seen  the last of Springer for the Astros for example. That would suck. 

On 4/8/2020 at 9:57 AM, ChiefD said:

I started looking at this on a daily basis. A nice diversion.

Royals are 8-2 at the moment.

:headbang:

Link To Season

Royals now 12-4 and leading their division. Booyah!

I just hope with this long delay before games start again that pitchers still remember to throw at Astros

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I just hope with this long delay before games start again that pitchers still remember to throw at Astros

Really??? Don't be a tool.

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

Really??? 

Mostly just having fun with NREC

But, some would say they’ve earned it 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

:lmao:

• Love 1

I’m curious to see how Gerrit Cole looks after this long delay if they do actually play. He sucked in spring training as it was...