What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (7 Viewers)

Scott Mitchell
@ScottyMitchTSN
Daniel Hudson has been traded to the Washington Nationals, per source.
#BlueJays
1:52 PM · Jul 31, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

While baseball snuck into the main forum, can I share how old it makes me feel to not be able to watch a game without seeing or hearing about the kid of a player I watched 20+ years ago?  Vlad Jr, Mondesi, Bichette, DeSheilds, etc etc.

While baseball snuck into the main forum, can I share how old it makes me feel to not be able to watch a game without seeing or hearing about the kid of a player I watched 20+ years ago?  Vlad Jr, Mondesi, Bichette, DeSheilds, etc etc.
Didn't realize Carl Yastremski's grandkid is on the Giants till yesterday.

I don't either, but has a reverse split this year.  So, maybe not the lefty we were looking for.
Yeah.  Stark says the Nats have been telling teams they are getting 3 relievers today so guess there's one more coming too.   I'd rather them get a starter (Roark?) and put Ross/Fedde in the bullpen unless that reliever is really good.

Robert Murray
@ByRobertMurray

#Brewers and #SFGiants in agreement on significant trade, sources tell The Athletic. Mauricio Dubon to San Francisco.
2:16 PM · Jul 31, 2019·Twitter Web App

Yeah, that one stings a little.  Maybe a lot.

I said in another thread that Bichette's kid's name is Bo.  So he's Bo Bichette.  And if his nickname isn't "The Bounty Hunter", something is seriously wrong in this world.
Been watching that kid the last couple of days against the Royals. Damn, he looks young. But he's got some tremendous bat speed for a little scrawny kid.

Robert Murray
@ByRobertMurray

#Brewers and #SFGiants in agreement on significant trade, sources tell The Athletic. Mauricio Dubon to San Francisco.
2:16 PM · Jul 31, 2019·Twitter Web App
2B has been a disaster area for the Giants this year.

Been watching that kid the last couple of days against the Royals. Damn, he looks young. But he's got some tremendous bat speed for a little scrawny kid.
Saw the thing on MLB Network the other day where they were showing how his bat was still pointed at the pitcher while behind his head after the pitcher had released the ball.  They said that's a big no-no because you can't get bat speed and usually in AAA and the majors, they'll correct that.  Then they showed him blast homer after homer after homer with that stance.  Said they probably won't touch it.  Amazing bat speed.

Capella said:
Don’t get this one. He loves baseball. 
Only when the Red Sox are good. When they're 10 games back of the Yankees, he has no interest in baseball and confuses his own lack of investment as support for why no one else likes baseball anymore. 

He was able to make it through about 5 minutes of baseball talk yesterday before shifting over to complaining about A-Rod as a broadcaster for 20 minutes.

Lots of little moves going on but nothing big.  I still think at least one big name gets moved in the last hour.  Maybe two.  But wouldn't be surprised if Bauer and Stroman are the biggest names moved.

Seems like Wheeler to the Astros or Rays is close to getting done. 

I have no idea why they moved Vargas, who's a fine #5, for jack #### if they intended on moving Wheeler and still trying to contend this year (they won't).

I mean I know the actual answer is because the Wilpons wanted to pocket a few extra million...

Last edited by a moderator:
Third RP for the Nats....

Jamal Collier
@JamalCollier

The Nationals are also acquiring RHP Hunter Strickland from the Mariners in exchange for LHP Aaron Fletcher, per a source

Seems like Wheeler to the Astros or Rays is close to getting done. 

I have no idea why they moved Vargas, who's a fine #5, for jack #### if they intended on moving Wheeler and still trying to contend this year (they won't).

I mean I know the actual answer is because the Wilpons wanted to pocket a few extra million...
How good is Wheeler? 

Users who are viewing this thread