Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2020 MLB Spring Training

LOL what is the point in even allowing the 3rd base umpire to judge that if he can't even see that.  Eaton himself was on his way off the field because he knew he swung.

• Like 2

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

LOL what is the point in even allowing the 3rd base umpire to judge that if he can't even see that.  Eaton himself was on his way off the field because he knew he swung.

Horrible call

Here we go......lock it down Stros. I want to watch a lot more baseball! Keep this series going. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Dat dude barely old enough to drink struck out to end the game. 

I feel terrible for him!

HOU is too good to fold.  H-Town alive and well.  Iron Sheik is pissed him sweep prophesy didn't come true.  worst fan ever.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

HOU is too good to fold. 

oh. Hai! 

Edited by [icon]

0-4, 3 Ks (one to end the game), an error (should’ve been 2)

is that any good, guys?

32 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

0-4, 3 Ks (one to end the game), an error (should’ve been 2)

is that any good, guys?

That’s Almost Bregmanian 

On 10/24/2019 at 2:43 PM, Capella said:

It’s insane to me that asst gm said what he did. How much of a psycho do you have to be to do that stunt?

Probably just did a lot of cocaine.  Things just kind of roll off the tongue before you have time to think about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Game 4 seems like it may decide the series.  If Astros go down 3-1, they are likely done.  Conversely if they win and get back in it, I think they will finish it off.

Yeah, it’s a big one.  I was down on the Nats’ chances yesterday because pitching matchup yesterday heavily favored the Astros, but should favor the Nats today with Corbin versus Astros’ bullpen. The key parts of Nats’ bullpen should be rested too with Doolittle, Hudson, and Rainey not used last night (whereas the Astros used a lot to seal the win yesterday).  It feels like one that the Nats can’t blow because I’m not sure they can count on winning 2 of 3 when the Astros’ top 3 are on the mound again.

1 hour ago, Don Quixote said:

Yeah, it’s a big one.  I was down on the Nats’ chances yesterday because pitching matchup yesterday heavily favored the Astros, but should favor the Nats today with Corbin versus Astros’ bullpen. The key parts of Nats’ bullpen should be rested too with Doolittle, Hudson, and Rainey not used last night (whereas the Astros used a lot to seal the win yesterday).  It feels like one that the Nats can’t blow because I’m not sure they can count on winning 2 of 3 when the Astros’ top 3 are on the mound again.

Agreed.  Need Corbin to come through today and let Hudson and Doolittle finish it off.  And need to score off Urquidy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Bought tickets for tonight. I’ll be the guy in Nats gear.

How much ya have to lay out 

16 hours ago, [icon] said:

That’s Almost Bregmanian 

Aww did you bet on Washington or something?

I know your team is watching from home and couldn’t even make the playoffs. 

I'll never forget last night's game. I'm currently in Costa Rica and as it turns out Tico's don't really watch baseball. But they were nice enough to set me up with a TV hooked up to Mexican satellite in an open air game room off the porch of the plantation. The sounds of the critters in the jungle combined with the fervor of the Mexican announcers (every fly ball gets the gooooaal treatment) was somehow less annoying than the Fox broadcast team would have been.  Went by Rawlings today for the heck of it...not open to the public and not interested in talking to an American about juiced balls. Anyway...go 'stros. Here's hoping they can force a game 7...should be home by then.

1 hour ago, Capella said:

How much ya have to lay out 

Price case down a little bit after the loss last night. About $860 per ticket before taxes/fees. Pricy, but I guess I can cross attending a WS game off the bucket list.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Price case down a little bit after the loss last night. About $860 per ticket before taxes/fees. Pricy, but I guess I can cross attending a WS game off the bucket list.

Worth it. Have fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

Aww did you bet on Washington or something?

I know your team is watching from home and couldn’t even make the playoffs. 

No biggie... off year. That said we knocked you guys out pretty easily last year, and are still on the throne as of right now. ;) 

Let’s see if Berman can get that Series batting average above .100 tonight. 4 for 5 will get him all the way up to the Mendoza line! :excited: 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

🤘🏼 Jealous. Good luck. 

54 minutes ago, [icon] said:

No biggie... off year. That said we knocked you guys out pretty easily last year, and are still on the throne as of right now. ;) 

Let’s see if Berman can get that Series batting average above .100 tonight. 4 for 5 will get him all the way up to the Mendoza line! :excited: 

I was rooting for you to beat LA last year. 

Cause the AL is the superior league. 

• Like 1

:towelwave:

Looking a lot like Game 2 just with a different team dominating.  Urquidy really pitched a gem.

Another head first dive into first base. 

I don’t get it. Does Usain Bolt dive at the end of 100 yard dash?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Another head first dive into first base. 

I don’t get it. Does Usain Bolt dive at the end of 100 yard dash?

Maybe it's just habit getting the best of them?

All these analytics in baseball now I can't imagine someone hasn't sat these guys down and told them it's slower.  I'm with you, I don't get it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Wonder if there's ever been a WS were the road team won every game?

No. 

Well, I knocked attend a World Series game off the bucket list. I guess I need to add “attend one where my team does not play like poo” to it. At least I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of World Series merchandise to remember it by.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Well, I knocked attend a World Series game off the bucket list. I guess I need to add “attend one where my team does not play like poo” to it. At least I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of World Series merchandise to remember it by.

I want to drive 6 hours and go to game 5 but it’s probably too much. 

15 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

I want to drive 6 hours and go to game 5 but it’s probably too much. 

My wife just told me that prices on StubHub For Game 5 are now a few hundred less than we paid tonight. So, that may be in your favor. Had a number of Astros fans in my section tonight.

As I was alluding too.....baseball is a game of “reversion to the mean” There was no way in my mind the Nat’s could continue on this torrid pace all the way through a 7 game series nor would the Houston bats lay dormant as long as they have.

Now it comes down to tonight. Must win for the Nationals.....not so much for the Stros who get two at home. Can’t wait!!! 

Then the long wait for Spring Training again......sigh. Baseball is life man. Greatest game on the planet. 

I hope this goes 7 games. The more the better.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

I’m just glad the sheik hasn’t been watching. I think that’s turned the Astros luck around. 

• Laughing 2