What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (9 Viewers)

I still think it's hilarious.

Using your eyes to steal signs - Totally cool
Using technology to steal signs before 2017 - Cool
Using technology after 2017 - Not Cool
Transmitting signals via a trash can - Hitlerish
Transmitting signals via a buzzer - NO GREATER SIN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!!!!

That completely misses the point.  MLB sent a memo in Sept 2017 threatening severe consequences for electronic sign stealing and the Astros kept on doing it.  The punishment is for essentially giving the league office the finger and acting like they are above the law.  MLB couldn't allow such a blatant disregard of the rules to go unpunished.

If you guys can bet futures just go put money on the under of however many wins they have on the Astros right now. 

Silly easy money. 

Dodgers fans must be catatonic. That sucks. I’m annoyed as a rays fan from the LDS!  I remember driving home after the playoff game and my wife asking why the rays played so much better at the trop than Houston. Sheesh. 
And Yankees. Lost all 4 games at Houston in the ALCS that went 7 games.

I don't understand why are you guys outraged about Altuve wearing an electronic device but not the trash can banging? ITS THE SAME ####### THING

MLB has commented on the buzzers. It says it was investigated as part of the report and found no evidence of cheating. 

So we can all sleep well tonight. 
And i have no idea if the buzzers are true or not but another possibility are microphones as a lot of these players are miked up for games.  I am not saying that is what is seen in the pictures but it seems like another plausible possibility. 

And i have no idea if the buzzers are true or not but another possibility are microphones as a lot of these players are miked up for games.  I am not saying that is what is seen in the pictures but it seems like another plausible possibility. 
Again, buzzers were not true. As soon as this account started saying it, reporters checked with MLB and they said that there was no evidence of anyone using electric devices to signal. And no evidence of anything past mid 2018. 

Again, buzzers were not true. As soon as this account started saying it, reporters checked with MLB and they said that there was no evidence of anyone using electric devices to signal. And no evidence of anything past mid 2018. 
So it's true! Altuve has a 3rd nipple.  I have suspected all along.

TheIronSheik said:
MLB has commented on the buzzers. It says it was investigated as part of the report and found no evidence of cheating. 

Just saw the video of altuve telling his teammates to not rip off his jersey after his game winning homerun vs Yankees in playoffs.  He and others need to be suspended

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the video of altuve telling his teammates to not rip off his jersey after his game winning homerun vs Yankees in playoffs.  He and others need to be suspended
Then he ran into the dugout assumingly to rip off the device rather then celebrating with his teammates for winning the ALCS.

I just want to congratulate the Dodgers again on their two amazing back to back seasons where they finished second. Good job, boys. 

I might become a Red Sox fan, too. I like their style. 

TheIronSheik said:
As stated before, I stuck up for him too. I also had no issue with players using PEDs or steroids. All of which did not benefit my teams. 
Your current stance now makes more sense in light of what you previously had no issue with.

TheIronSheik said:
As stated before, I stuck up for him too. I also had no issue with players using PEDs or steroids. All of which did not benefit my teams. 
Make everything legal. Go for it , just win baby!

TheIronSheik said:
I still think it's hilarious.

Using your eyes to steal signs - Totally cool
Using technology to steal signs before 2017 - Cool
Using technology after 2017 - Not Cool
Transmitting signals via a trash can - Hitlerish
Transmitting signals via a buzzer - NO GREATER SIN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!!!!
This has always been part of the game. And totally acceptable. If your signs are weak that is on you. 

Any type of electronic/tech to steal signs is BS. It is not in the “spirit of the game” at all. 

It is not human to use electronic means. The only acceptable form of stealing signs is simply by the human eye. And using verbal and non verbal cues to tip off hitters has been going on since the beginning of time. 

But this? This is outrageous and goes far and above the game. It is awful and you know who I feel the sickest for? The kids who look up to a lot of these ball players. I had a lot of respect for ball players like Altuve who came from nothing, walked on, was turned away, then signed for 10K and became the AL MVP and a World Series champion. 

This puts a big black eye on things if proven to be true with the buzzer on your freaking body to tip you off. This is just down right bad. 

I have been playing and coaching baseball for over 40 years. We teach players to study pitchers, learn their tendencies and be able to sit on pitches in certain counts by using their IQ and instincts. Not wearing a freaking buzzer, and using camera’s to steal signs.

If we have a guy on second and the catchers signs are picked up on....we can touch our helmet for a fastball....kicks dirt towards the OF for a changeup or curve.....that is old school and the way you “steal signs”. Not using technology to gain an unfair competitive advantage. 

I am sick for the game of baseball right now with all this crap coming out. It is really bad.

TheIronSheik said:

Looks like internet BS took over here for a few hours. 

Glad to hear it was never proven and this #### needs to stop then. This is where social media again proves it is the arm pit of this country. 

However the using of cameras to steal signs was BS and awful sportsmanship. The punishment was also fit. 

Moving on.

shadyridr said:
I don't understand why are you guys outraged about Altuve wearing an electronic device but not the trash can banging? ITS THE SAME ####### THING
I was not happy hearing about the Camera’s used....the garbage cans were an accessory to them using the cameras.

If they were able to steal signs from using their eyes and bang trash cans to signal it......KUDO’s to them. 

It’s the cameras that were the problem. You get that right?

I was not happy hearing about the Camera’s used....the garbage cans were an accessory to them using the cameras.

If they were able to steal signs from using their eyes and bang trash cans to signal it......KUDO’s to them. 

It’s the cameras that were the problem. You get that right?
Ignore him. He’s still upset that the Astros treat the Yankees like the Yankees treat the Twins in the playoffs. 

Users who are viewing this thread