Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2020 MLB Spring Training

2 minutes ago, The General said:

That is all very odd.

Dudes married to Kate Upton and says the eclipse is the most beautiful thing he’s ever seen

THATS very odd 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

One possible reason I heard about Altuve’s shirt was that he maybe didn’t want it damaged for memorabilia value. 

If he had a buzzer I want to know as much as anyone else but I don’t feel it’s right to just assume it at this point. 

1 minute ago, NREC34 said:

One possible reason I heard about Altuve’s shirt was that he maybe didn’t want it damaged for memorabilia value. 

If he had a buzzer I want to know as much as anyone else but I don’t feel it’s right to just assume it at this point. 

He just hit the homer of his life and THAT's what he is thinking about? 

Ok. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Sorry NEC, but

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

THIS

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

It at least sounds plausible but I’m not going to act like the NY media and state it as fact. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Why he didn't want his shirt ripped off?  Is the only answer because there's an electronic buzzer under his shirt that allows him to hit home run?

30 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I’m just waiting for a reasonable answer why he was adamant about it not being pulled off. Then ran in , changed his shirt....then celebrated 

I haven’t followed this story very closely. What’s his excuse?

If he did have a buzzer wouldn't the rest of the team know this?  Wouldn't they also not want to rip off his shirt to expose this cheating apparatus?  I would think all of them would be careful not to expose their cheating ways. 

ETA:  Maybe Altuve just doesn't like getting his clothes ripped off by teammates.  Kind of like Beltre didn't like his head being touched.....yet Andrus tried anytime he could.  Teammates just messing with other teammates.  Maybe it was just a weird quirkie thing that cannot be explained?

Edited by Gally

10 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Plus you guys he's not the first to grab hold of his jersey near the shoulder area and clinch on to it for dear life while approaching home plate.

Oh wait, he is.

LMFAO @ the memorabilia theory.  Keep reachin.

• Like 1

Guys, I’m going to be on this thread with popcorn and probably posting too much if any of these things happens:

1.) buzzers get proven

2.) it is proven NY did something similar

3.) it comes out that Howie Kendrick somehow knew what pitch was coming from Will Harris when he clanged that ball off the foul pole. What an effing plot twist that would be lol

This is just a sad deal. The Astros certainly had and have plenty of talent to win the thing. So the fact that they resorted to this speaks to the integrity of the game. The organization basically stuck their middle finger out at major league baseball when the league told teams to cut this #### out. And it is an organizational failure from top to bottom.

To me, this directly influences the outcomes of games, akin to what the Black Sox did. It may not seem as egregious on the surface, but at its core it is right on that same line. 

They cheated, plain and simple, outside of the accepted boundaries of stealing signs. Screw those guys and that championship. 

• Like 2

They all knew it gave them an edge or they wouldn’t have done it. 

“Hey guys, let’s do these illegal actions that gain us no benefit, and if uncovered will cause huge penalties to our team and manager, and soil all of our accomplishments. I know it doesn’t help us win, but imagine the lulz”

Seems plausible...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I’m just waiting for a reasonable answer why he was adamant about it not being pulled off. Then ran in , changed his shirt....then celebrated 

I haven’t followed this story very closely. What’s his excuse?

He changed from his uniform into his ALCS shirt.  This is pretty standard practice.  That home run put them into the WS.  Walk off homers to get into the WS don't happen every day.  Would you want that jersey ripped apart?  Or might you save it by putting it somewhere it won't get stolen.  I mean, these all make perfect sense.  But I guess so do wild conspiracies.  Maybe he had an IV under his shirt pumping PED's directly into his blood.  I mean, can't prove he wasn't doing that.  It would make sense why he didn't want his shirt ripped off.  People would see the bag of PED's under his shirt.  

• Laughing 2

22 minutes ago, Gally said:

If he did have a buzzer wouldn't the rest of the team know this?  Wouldn't they also not want to rip off his shirt to expose this cheating apparatus?  I would think all of them would be careful not to expose their cheating ways. 

ETA:  Maybe Altuve just doesn't like getting his clothes ripped off by teammates.  Kind of like Beltre didn't like his head being touched.....yet Andrus tried anytime he could.  Teammates just messing with other teammates.  Maybe it was just a weird quirkie thing that cannot be explained?

Please don't poke hole in the conspiracy theories with common sense.  

• Laughing 1

Buzzer, no buzzer, doesn't matter.  They cheated.  But so does every other team so let's all just shut up and play ball.....

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Ordering it with a length of 20 gauge wire stuck to it is also very practical 

I don't know, but I'm assuming people are saying that's Photoshopped

2 minutes ago, BeTheMatch said:

I don't know, but I'm assuming people are saying that's Photoshopped

It's not photoshopped.  It's confetti.  They actually have other pictures of him where you can clearly see it's confetti.  Even the craziest of crazy baseball writers have acknowledged it's confetti.  

26 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

It's not photoshopped.  It's confetti.  They actually have other pictures of him where you can clearly see it's confetti.  Even the craziest of crazy baseball writers have acknowledged it's confetti.  

You need to look closer then. There's a freaking wire underneath it and coming down out the bottom. If that's not Photoshopped, they're caught red-handed.

ETA: Or is that part of some sort of necklace?

Edited by BeTheMatch

4 minutes ago, BeTheMatch said:

You need to look closer then. There's a freaking wire underneath it and coming down out the bottom. If that's not Photoshopped, they're caught red-handed.

I think that is his necklace.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Buzzer, no buzzer, doesn't matter.  They cheated.  But so does every other team so let's all just shut up and play ball.....

It matters to them if nothing comes out about anyone else and they have to bear the brunt of all this hysteria and hate. 

But I get your general point and you’re right. 

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

:lmao: stop 

• Thanks 1

“Jose Altuve you just hit the biggest homer of your life. What are you going to do next?” 

“I’m going to go change so I make sure I preserve my jersey for memorabilia value”

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Laugh if you want but that stuff is worth big money. Remember Mcgwires home run ball?

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

He changed from his uniform into his ALCS shirt.  This is pretty standard practice.  That home run put them into the WS.  Walk off homers to get into the WS don't happen every day.  Would you want that jersey ripped apart?  Or might you save it by putting it somewhere it won't get stolen.  I mean, these all make perfect sense.  But I guess so do wild conspiracies.  Maybe he had an IV under his shirt pumping PED's directly into his blood.  I mean, can't prove he wasn't doing that.  It would make sense why he didn't want his shirt ripped off.  People would see the bag of PED's under his shirt.  

What if he’s really a cyborg?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

What if he’s really a cyborg?

You can't prove it's not true.  

Why are people so hung up on the buzzer thing for Altuve? It’s not like he didn’t know all the pitches anyway with their whistle / banging the trash can thing. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Capella said:

“Jose Altuve you just hit the biggest homer of your life. What are you going to do next?” 

“I’m going to go change so I make sure I preserve my jersey for memorabilia value”

LOL'd for real, on that one.  

And how often does a baseball jersey get ripped to shreds?  Those aren't Fruit of the Loom T's they're wearing out there.  You might lose some buttons is all.  Hell, probably a better keep-sake/story in that condition.  He was worried about memorabilia!  :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Former rp Mike Bolsinger is suing the Astros.   Cant post link.  Google it. 

Let’s say he was wearing a buzzer. 

What would the value of that memorabilia be?

14 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Way more than his jersey.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Buzzillions.

• Laughing 4

29 minutes ago, The General said:

Way more than his jersey.

Jomboy would give his left *** for it. 

1 hour ago, The General said:

Why are people so hung up on the buzzer thing for Altuve? It’s not like he didn’t know all the pitches anyway with their whistle / banging the trash can thing. 

Exactly. I’ve asked this too. I don’t understand why the buzzer elevates the crime. 

Like if the next rumor is they used earpieces, do we get even angrier? 

4 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Exactly. I’ve asked this too. I don’t understand why the buzzer elevates the crime. 

It just seems so sneaky and tricky. If they did it in one of the biggest walk off homers ever I think it would rock the sport. 

Manfred would be curled up in a ball, crying in the corner of his office, wondering what to do. 

8 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

The only thing is they were punished for 2017. Buzzer would prove they cheated in 2019 and was used to win the ALCS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

The only thing is they were punished for 2017. Buzzer would prove they cheated in 2019 and was used to win the ALCS.

Ok, if that’s the thought process, I totally understand that. But I feel like people are more upset just because it was a buzzer. 

Does anyone know generally how the buzzer works? Like can I go on amazon and see some technology that could be used? Everyone says wires but wouldn’t it be wireless? 

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

Does anyone know generally how the buzzer works? Like can I go on amazon and see some technology that could be used? Everyone says wires but wouldn’t it be wireless? 

Altuve is an electronics genius but only up to 1981 solid state technology. Lotsa wire still in play. Marwin hid the wires in his beard. Correa was a little younger and more advanced.  He had haptic feedback embedded in his gloves. 

• Laughing 3

Keep it simple:

1. 3 year league ban for all players and managers/coaches involved.

2. 5 year post-season ban for the franchise.

3. Strip them of the championship.

12 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Altuve is an electronics genius but only up to 1981 solid state technology. Lotsa wire still in play. Marwin hid the wires in his beard. Correa was a little younger and more advanced.  He had haptic feedback embedded in his gloves. 

I would genuinely like to know how it could be done. I was thinking about it last night and I would think a phone could be used. Have it vibrate maybe from a quick text when you get the sign. But seems like a phone would be hard to conceal. 

11 hours ago, EYLive said:

Keep it simple:

1. 3 year league ban for all players and managers/coaches involved.

2. 5 year post-season ban for the franchise.

3. Strip them of the championship.

I would be good with long suspensions for players who were directly involved, as well as hitting the franchise really hard in regards to postseason play for the next few years, but I think stripping them of the championship would open up too big a can of worms. What's next, the Yankees get stripped of their championships that they won when Pettitte and Clemens were allegedly 'roiding?  Do the A's get stripped of the '89 title because of Canseco?  Baseball has too big a history of cheating to start down that slippery slope, IMO.  

I see The Atlantic has an article where Correa rips Bellinger. Does anyone have access to that article and can they explain what Correa could possibly rip him about?

5 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I see The Atlantic has an article where Correa rips Bellinger. Does anyone have access to that article and can they explain what Correa could possibly rip him about?

Here is part of it

I won’t subscribe to that site unless they do some investigative reporting of more than one team. 

4 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Here is part of it

I won’t subscribe to that site unless they do some investigative reporting of more than one team. 

:lmao: you are truly the biggest homer here. The athletic has no bias against your team. 

I like shiek’s approach. Dude is like yea they cheated and I love it. /waves foam finger 

meanwhile your extreme homerism is just blocking you from having any objective outlook on this at all and you come off childish. Your team cheated, they won and got away with it, it’ll be marred forever if that bothers you, get over it.  

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Here is part of it

You should subscribe. You could read the whole article about how now Correa is saying Altuve had a bad tattoo now, which is why he didn’t want the shirt taken off.The story keeps changing by the day.

And, there will be more coming out about other teams in my opinion. This whole story is catching fire by the day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

:lmao: you are truly the biggest homer here. The athletic has no bias against your team. 

I like shiek’s approach. Dude is like yea they cheated and I love it. /waves foam finger 

meanwhile your extreme homerism is just blocking you from having any objective outlook on this at all and you come off childish. Your team cheated, they won and got away with it, it’ll be marred forever if that bothers you, get over it.  

Maybe I do have a different approach than him because I believe other elite teams at the top of baseball were doing things too. We already know Boston was but no one seems to care about them. 

They didn’t get away with it obviously. If others did and it doesn’t come out, they will be the ones that “got away with it”. If they didn’t win anything who cares, right?

If The Athletic or someone else uncovers others I will have fun going back and pulling up some posts in here depending on the team. Until then you got me, I guess. I’m just a childish homer. 

3 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Maybe I do have a different approach than him because I believe other elite teams at the top of baseball were doing things too. We already know Boston was but no one seems to care about them. 

They didn’t get away with it obviously. If others did and it doesn’t come out, they will be the ones that “got away with it”. If they didn’t win anything who cares, right?

If The Athletic or someone else uncovers others I will have fun going back and pulling up some posts in here depending on the team. Until then you got me, I guess. I’m just a childish homer. 

They got away with it in the sense that their cheating helped them win a championship that won't be taken away from them. 

It's like if a bunch of bank robbers were eventually busted, but told, "We won't send you to jail and you get to keep the money," yeah, they were exposed, but they still got away with it.