What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Democratic Primary Straw Poll - August 2019 (1 Viewer)

Part II

• Michael Bennet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Cory Booker

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Julian Castro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill de Blasio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Tulsi Gabbard

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Kirsten Gillibrand

• Kamala Harris

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Jay Inslee

• Andrew Yang

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • My choice is in the first list

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • I would not vote in the Democratic primary

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Quixote

Footballguy
I did one of these back in March, and another one was done in April.  I thought I would revisit with two debates done.  I have put in all 20 candidates from the debates.  

The poll is set to close on 8/31.

I included an option to check if you would not vote in the Democratic primary if it were held today (if you want a poll for Trump versus the Democratic field set up your own thread, as the question relates to the Democratic primaries).

If you live in a caucus or closed primary state, pretend you live in an open primary state.

I left off "undecided" because you are voting today.  Decide!

I just moved over to Mayor Pete.  I voted Klobuchar in the first poll, and Kamala Harris in the second poll.  I would have said Harris up and until the debates the past couple of nights.

I guess I will have to see if my vote changes again when we do this again.

Yang Gang. I'm impressed that Bernie and Harris are blanked at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBG is an interesting place.  Amazing that a football related site would vote about 94% to 6% Democrat.  Just as amazing, Buttigieg is 5th in most polls garners 50% of the vote here and is almost 3x in front of 2nd place.  One would suspect that if you don't agree with the masses, J sends you to have a nice season.  And yeah, my 2 cents added to that amazingness.

In a perfect world where everybody had an equal chance I'd vote Tulsi or Pete. But I think they're still too green for the general masses, and realistically the only ones who have a chance are Bern/Liz/Biden/Harris. So I went with Bern but would be equally happy with Liz.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBG is an interesting place.  Amazing that a football related site would vote about 94% to 6% Democrat.  Just as amazing, Buttigieg is 5th in most polls garners 50% of the vote here and is almost 3x in front of 2nd place.  One would suspect that if you don't agree with the masses, J sends you to have a nice season.  And yeah, my 2 cents added to that amazingness.
I think it's more that people here are more into politics than the general public.  So Pete was in the radar here before most of  masses had heard of him.  They've heard of Biden and others.

krista4 said:
I’m still with Mayor Pete, and each time there’s a debate that decision becomes more firm.
If I could wave a magic wand and put Pete in the WH come January 2021 I would.

But, and I absolutely HATE this, but I’m still not convinced he’s as “electable” as we would like.  Sadly, defeating Trump is (or at least should be) the biggest concern for the Dems.  

Politics be stupid.

If I could wave a magic wand and put Pete in the WH come January 2021 I would.

But, and I absolutely HATE this, but I’m still not convinced he’s as “electable” as we would like.  Sadly, defeating Trump is (or at least should be) the biggest concern for the Dems.  

Politics be stupid.
And hopefully the Ds don't nominate a black candidate, they would never have a chance in America.

I think it's more that people here are more into politics than the general public.  So Pete was in the radar here before most of  masses had heard of him.  They've heard of Biden and others.
This is the prime Buttigieg demographic as well. His supporters are generally whiter and wealthier than other candidates' - it makes sense that he has outsize support on FBGs.

But, and I absolutely HATE this, but I’m still not convinced he’s as “electable” as we would like.
The problem with the "most electable" moniker is that it really just means "I Don't Inspire Anyone, I am Just Most Known"

That won't win elections.

Users who are viewing this thread