What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Games Thread - Observations and commentary from the FBG Shark Pool (2 Viewers)

The Coutee video looked really bad

ouch
I must be missing something... :confused:

ETA: I mean the hip internally rotates like that, which is exactly what happened. I didnt see any hyper extension... the announcers may not know what that means. I saw the MCL likely being involved but I'd say ACL is most at risk there. Didnt look horrible though. I had to watch 2x at frame by frame to figure it out.  

Last edited by a moderator:
He has zero chance to make the team, but former rugby star Christian Wade running for a 65 yard TD on his first NFL carry ever is just plain awesome and fun. 

With his speed and instincts, I think Buffalo should really think hard about trying to see if he can be a returner, even if it's a longshot.

Didn’t look horrible to me either 🤷‍♂️
I honestly couldnt figure out which knee until the announcers said "watch the right" 

Then I'm watching the right for a hyper extension and I see hip internal rotation, which is normal. But certainly some knee valgus beyond what the ligaments probably can handle

Trade McCoy and Yeldon. Just run Singletary and Gore. Why they have 4 RB’s that are worthy of playing time makes no sense. 
Bills will probably try to trade Yeldon and if they don't get any takers likely cut him. 

McDermott is pretty loyal to McCoy. I just don't see them getting rid of McCoy. My guess is that there will be a significant carry share this year in Buffalo with Singletary gaining more carries as the season goes on.

Ekeler looked good until that fumble. I think Gordon might have been jumping into his car until that play.

Dang..Ekeler looks very startable fantasywise with no Gordon around..just saying
Isn't the danger in targeting him is that everyone else will see his preseason and push up his draft position and then if they bring in Gordon later you get kind of screwed?

What's the cutoff on the ADP?

Isn't the danger in targeting him is that everyone else will see his preseason and push up his draft position and then if they bring in Gordon later you get kind of screwed?

Haha literally just posted this. Ekeler’s value will be shot by draft time. Anyone that got him already consider yourself blessed. 

I’m hoping someone else burns a high pick on him. I don’t think he can hold up to feature back work and will end up splitting with Jackson. And isn’t there something about Melvin having to play 6 games? So you lose him for the playoffs. 

Edit- about Ekeler

I’m hoping someone else burns a high pick on him. I don’t think he can hold up to feature back work and will end up splitting with Jackson. And isn’t there something about Melvin having to play 6 games? So you lose him for the playoffs. 

Edit- about Ekeler
the problem is when he was given the starting role last year, he really didn't do too well.

I already admitted in his thread that I blame you for my push to make the trade I did to get him... the plays were extremely vanilla but he looked good and got rid of the ball quickly. 

Didnt look like a rookie
Didn't see that post.......it's coming bro but he is only a QB.......so how valuable can he be in one QB leagues? That's the question. 

It's definitely possible. Right now he's going around 34 to 36th RB taken. 

If Gordon still hasn't signed by time of your draft, I think you move him up to the top 25 or so and you have him as your #3 with bigtime  upside. 

If anything in this scenario where Gordon is still a no show, you grab Ekeler in the 4th-5th round or so and than you try and sneak Gordon in a round or two later. I'm only in two leagues and one of them is an auction which is my favorite and I'd try and buy Ekeler first and than get Gordon on the cheap. 

So for example...ny longtime $$ league auction we use $100 to spend. If let's say a Barkley will go for $28-$30 as he'll likely be the highest dollar amount someone will spend in this 12 team very savvy league, I'd try and get Ekeler for around $9-$10 and than buy Gordon if he still hasn't signed for something in that range as well. So $20-$22 spent on the Charger running game seems to me to be a savvy move as you'd have a likely #2 RB if Gordon isn't around and if Gordon comes back, you now have a #1 for dirt cheap. 

I'd also make sure I got Justin Jackson late in a snake draft as insurance and pay a buck or two in my auction so I'd be covered in all bases. I guess what I'm saying is that the Charger running game is well worth investing in and we can get the entire fleet of them for the cost of what a Joe Mixon by himself will go for. I'm all in on the Charger running game.

And I'll also be investing in Hunter Henry as well.

It's definitely possible. Right now he's going around 34 to 36th RB taken. 

If Gordon still hasn't signed by time of your draft, I think you move him up to the top 25 or so and you have him as your #3 with bigtime  upside. 

If anything in this scenario where Gordon is still a no show, you grab Ekeler in the 4th-5th round or so and than you try and sneak Gordon in a round or two later. I'm only in two leagues and one of them is an auction which is my favorite and I'd try and buy Ekeler first and than get Gordon on the cheap. 

So for example...ny longtime $$ league auction we use $100 to spend. If let's say a Barkley will go for $28-$30 as he'll likely be the highest dollar amount someone will spend in this 12 team very savvy league, I'd try and get Ekeler for around $9-$10 and than buy Gordon if he still hasn't signed for something in that range as well. So $20-$22 spent on the Charger running game seems to me to be a savvy move as you'd have a likely #2 RB if Gordon isn't around and if Gordon comes back, you now have a #1 for dirt cheap. 

I'd also make sure I got Justin Jackson late in a snake draft as insurance and pay a buck or two in my auction so I'd be covered in all bases. I guess what I'm saying is that the Charger running game is well worth investing in and we can get the entire fleet of them for the cost of what a Joe Mixon by himself will go for. I'm all in on the Charger running game.

And I'll also be investing in Hunter Henry as well.
Dude you're back. Where ya been?

Edit- about Ekeler
Gordon has to report by week 11 technically but he should really be reporting by week 9 to be safe. The team could screw him by not activating him right away if he shows up week 11 then there’d be a whole other battle fought. Regardless though, if Eckler can help you rock and roll for the first half of the season, that is worth the pick. It’s much easier to make moves and trades when you start the year with a winning record instead of trying to claw your way back. If he could give you a Steelers Deangelo Williams of a few years ago impression to start the season, I’m making that pick all day

Dude you're back. Where ya been?
Hahaha...you still remember me? I know it's been a long time probably around 10 years or so. I've always come here to read stuff and I always make sure I visit my NY Jets forum to read what some of my Jet brothers were chatting about. But I just haven't posted in forever. Today tho, I decided to come out of hibernation for no particular reason and was hanging with my boys in the Jets forum and than I figured why not make an appearance here.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking too it. And glad to see someone remember me as I was one of the peeps who was here back in 1999 or so before they switched to the new delivery systems they changed too around 2003 or so. So yeah, you'll see more of me around these parts....why not...lol

Gordon has to report by week 11 technically but he should really be reporting by week 9 to be safe. The team could screw him by not activating him right away if he shows up week 11 then there’d be a whole other battle fought. Regardless though, if Eckler can help you rock and roll for the first half of the season, that is worth the pick. It’s much easier to make moves and trades when you start the year with a winning record instead of trying to claw your way back. If he could give you a Steelers Deangelo Williams of a few years ago impression to start the season, I’m making that pick all day
What's the highest you take him?

Hahaha...you still remember me? I know it's been a long time probably around 10 years or so. I've always come here to read stuff and I always make sure I visit my NY Jets forum to read what some of my Jet brothers were chatting about. But I just haven't posted in forever. Today tho, I decided to come out of hibernation for no particular reason and was hanging with my boys in the Jets forum and than I figured why not make an appearance here.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking too it. And glad to see someone remember me as I was one of the peeps who was here back in 1999 or so before they switched to the new delivery systems they changed too around 2003 or so. So yeah, you'll see more of me around these parts....why not...lol
Welcome back. Still loved your case for the Chiefs for D/ST the year after when they sucked and that next year they had a ton of Def TD to start the year. So funny! Well welcome back!

Just heard impressed by Rosen. Had to rewind it but that’s what he said!
Accuracy and arm strength are good. I don't think he sees the field well, and he stares down the receiver. He was under pressure in the first quarter. His stats were helped by 3 really good catches by Preston. I'm not sold yet, we need to see a lot more of him in preseason and beyond. The Miam oline could be really bad. I doubt if he has any fantasy relevance this year.

the problem is when he was given the starting role last year, he really didn't do too well.
Yup I’m with you. Far more meaningful than looking good in the first preseason game. If he’s as the space back in a tandem with someone else I think he can have ppr value. But he shouldn’t be featured.

Accuracy and arm strength are good. I don't think he sees the field well, and he stares down the receiver. He was under pressure in the first quarter. His stats were helped by 3 really good catches by Preston. I'm not sold yet, we need to see a lot more of him in preseason and beyond. The Miam oline could be really bad. I doubt if he has any fantasy relevance this year.
Staring down the receiver is what I noticed is well. It’s bad. I won’t be touching him at all in any league. 

Sure there’s value. I’m thinking he has rb2 upside and can stay healthy if you used correctly. Don’t think I’d sign up for roughly a half season and no playoffs of that upside. Williams was featured at the lead back, I don’t think Ekeler is as good, in as good an offense, or can hold up to that usage.

Can someone explain to me how Duke Johnson was supposedly traded early this morning, but YET HE STILL APPARENTLY PLAYED FOR THE BROWNS TONIGHT??

It lists him in the box score.  Unless the Texans backed out of the trade and it hasn't went public yet, I don't think I've seen players get traded then later play for the original team before "leaving the team" for their new organization.

Must be something I have missed, or maybe the trade was rescinded due to some physical clause or something.

Any info is appreciated.

EDIT - Unless someone took the field wearing Duke's number, and it was a box score mistake.....

TZM

Geeze...Jets gave up almost 400 yards passing and 3 TD's.

Yeah it's only first game of preseason but myself and my Jet brothers know, our CB position is a definite weak spot and it needs to be addressed pronto.

I'm sure Douglass as we speak, I'm very confident of this, is scouring other team rosters and will be bringing some D backs into camp as soon as he possibly can.

He did what he needed to do to help our O-Line with the out of the blue but awesome signing of Kalil. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to help our D-back situation. 

Jets for first time since Parcells was buying groceries 20 years ago are finally in competent hands with Douglass running the show. Meantime...400 yards given up to the Gmen?....uggggggg

Can someone explain to me how Duke Johnson was supposedly traded early this morning, but YET HE STILL APPARENTLY PLAYED FOR THE BROWNS TONIGHT??

It lists him in the box score.  Unless the Texans backed out of the trade and it hasn't went public yet, I don't think I've seen players get traded then later play for the original team before "leaving the team" for their new organization.

Must be something I have missed, or maybe the trade was rescinded due to some physical clause or something.

Any info is appreciated.

EDIT - Unless someone took the field wearing Duke's number, and it was a box score mistake.....

TZM
No idea but I guarantee you Duke didn’t play for the Browns tonight so someone messed up.

edit- the D Johnson in the box score is someone called D’ernest Johnson 

No idea but I guarantee you Duke didn’t play for the Browns tonight so someone messed up.
Thats what I'm thinking.

I can't see how the Texans would let the Browns expose him to injury tonight, "after" some apparent trade.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread