What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Games Thread - Observations and commentary from the FBG Shark Pool (2 Viewers)

Rosen with a laser throw to Preston Williams, just off his outstretched hands. It's drizzling, but could've caught it. He was wide open due to a push off, he's very physical.

If you are in a ppr, dont sleep on li'l Boston Scott.

The Saints took him to be the Sproles type if it worked out eventually but the Eagles snagged him from their PS.   A tiny Dynamo who can do returns also. After Sanders and Howard (1 yearr deal) they don't have anything worth a damn.
yes. been saying this for 5 months 

In a 4 pt td league I’d be fine taking josh Allen in the 15th and riding him 👻

cant believe he’s goings 5 rounds after Murray 

Rosen with a laser throw to Preston Williams, just off his outstretched hands. It's drizzling, but could've caught it. He was wide open due to a push off, he's very physical.
He’s a strong man

Thought it was bad drop but it’s pretty wet rn

Preston Williams dropped a pass a millisecond before he got clobbered. I think he saw it coming. He's ok and just returned a punt, filling in until Jakeem Grant returns. It's early, but I don't think Rosen is better than Tannehill.

Paul Perkins probably will get cut because he doesn't play ST, but he's trying hard to make this Giants roster. Maybe Giants get lucky and flip him to the Chargers for depth. 😋

Paul Perkins probably will get cut because he doesn't play ST, but he's trying hard to make this Giants roster. Maybe Giants get lucky and flip him to the Chargers for depth. 😋
You're not the only one seeing this. He's been added in 5.27 percent of mfl leagues. 

That brought his ownership up to 5.87 percent. 

Context Matters @dwainmcfarland

DeVante Adams played first series.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling played all snaps with Adams.

Allison saw the field on 11 personnel looks.

Kumerow appears to be the four.

Jimmy Graham played in 11 and 12 looks out for 21 for Marcedes Lewis. Lewis also played in 12 looks.

Jordan Raanan @JordanRaanan

Daniel Jones finishes 11-of-14 passing for 161 yards with a TD pass and two fumbles in his second outing. Some ups and downs in his first game experience facing pressure. Ball security needs work, but leaves on a high note after a perfect TD toss to T.J. Jones. #Giants

Joe Schad @schadjoe

Preston Williams made a SPECTACULAR play going into the end zone at Tampa Bay. He tapped the ball into the air, spun and grabbed it. But he was ruled to have stepped out of bounds.

TJ Jones thru two games has done enough to make the team as the #4 receiver for the Giants IMHO. It's been awhile since I seen that kind of shiftiness from him, he had it before the injuries in Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitz looks horrendous, and Rosen looked serviceable.  Had to deal with several drops.  

Rosen should have this job locked up now.

Joe Schad @schadjoe

Preston Williams made a SPECTACULAR play going into the end zone at Tampa Bay. He tapped the ball into the air, spun and grabbed it. But he was ruled to have stepped out of bounds.
his toe was just barely out of bounds but those plays won't show up in the stat sheet. That play was nuts.

Arians challenged an offensive PI call and it was changed to defensive PI. Should've been a no call. Hail Mary passes will be challenged this year, no question.

The NFL has to move to a 2 game preseason.  None of the good players even play in the first couple games.  At most 1 or 2 series.  

It's a complete waste.  Embarrassing for the league.
At least when they trade draft picks the player isn’t wearing the jersey of a team that traded the pick three trades ago though. So they got that going for them.

The NFL has to move to a 2 game preseason.  None of the good players even play in the first couple games.  At most 1 or 2 series.  

I disagree. The preseason isn't just about getting the starters ready, it's about figuring out who will make the team, developing young players in actual game type play, getting game experience for backups, etc. 

It may not have a lot of value to entrenched starters/stars, but it does still have value, especially to the back end up the rosters.

I disagree. The preseason isn't just about getting the starters ready, it's about figuring out who will make the team, developing young players in actual game type play, getting game experience for backups, etc. 

It may not have a lot of value to entrenched starters/stars, but it does still have value, especially to the back end up the rosters.
I mean I agree with him that it’s a wreck for PSL fans. It’s extremely valuable for the Christian Wade’s and Tanner Hudson’s of the world. 

in NJ the Giants force season ticket holders and PSL people,  to buy the preseason games AND parking passes its total B.S. , a complete rip-off.imagine being forced to buy the tix for games you have no intention of going to. not sure if other teams do the same thing ( I do not think Arthur Blank would force his season ticket holders to do the same).

I agree about a 2-game preseason it's ridiculous that it is 4 games.

as for the games  this preseason - if people weren't watching the Giants they should have. reports about Barkley's demise are greatly overblown. he's STILL is the #1 fantasy pick.The Giants o-line were blowing the Bears' defense all over the place. Will Hernandez was 5-6 yards deep in the defense on EVERY run play, at the LB level, pushing  people around with EASE. Solder was crushing it on the left side. the Giants offense looks crisp, tight, and has a lot of juice to it. DJ might be the QB of the future but 2 fumbles last night will not secure a job against Eli, who tossed a TD and was flawless on the night.

I know the Bears' truthers think the offense is OK, but this is now 7 games in a row, dating back to last season,that the Bears have not scored more than 15 pts in 5 of the last 7 games. they look stifled. Giants defense is not exactly the best in the game, and they had their way with the Bears last night. might want to pump the brakes on the D. Montgomery bandwagon and that Bears defense. 

in NJ the Giants force season ticket holders and PSL people,  to buy the preseason games AND parking passes its total B.S. , a complete rip-off.imagine being forced to buy the tix for games you have no intention of going to. not sure if other teams do the same thing ( I do not think Arthur Blank would force his season ticket holders to do the same).

I agree about a 2-game preseason it's ridiculous that it is 4 games.
There’s absolutely no market for those Jets/Giants PS games, everyone I know gives theirs away (usually to someone with little kids, big thrill seeing their first NFL game.) Firms don’t even think about offering them to clients, it’d be an insult. I took my son when he was 8 or 10 on some comp tix - don’t even remember which team, but it was a miserable night with temps around 90. Never again lol.

The Giants o-line were blowing the Bears' defense all over the place. Will Hernandez was 5-6 yards deep in the defense on EVERY run play, at the LB level, pushing  people around with EASE. Solder was crushing it on the left side. the Giants offense looks crisp, tight, and has a lot of juice to it. DJ might be the QB of the future but 2 fumbles last night will not secure a job against Eli, who tossed a TD and was flawless on the night.

I know the Bears' truthers think the offense is OK, but this is now 7 games in a row, dating back to last season,that the Bears have not scored more than 15 pts in 5 of the last 7 games. they look stifled. Giants defense is not exactly the best in the game, and they had their way with the Bears last night. might want to pump the brakes on the D. Montgomery bandwagon and that Bears defense. 
Bears aren’t playing their starters on Friday night

Kyle Long didn’t travel to New Jersey for Friday night’s game with the rest of the Bears, but he won’t be the only member of the team who isn’t playing against the Giants.

The Bears announced that 25 other players will sit out the team’s second preseason game of the summer. The list encompasses just about all of the team’s regulars on both sides of the ball.

Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, running back Tarik Cohen, the entire starting offensive line and first-string defense will be sitting out on Friday night. The top three wideouts, top two tight ends and running back David Montgomery round out the list of those that will be watching rather than doing.

The Bears will play their third preseason game on August 24 and we’ll have to wait to see if there’s any change to head coach Matt Nagy’s approach to exhibition contests at that point.
Montgomery didn't play. 

The Bears defense didn't play.  

In a 4 pt td league I’d be fine taking josh Allen in the 15th and riding him 👻

cant believe he’s goings 5 rounds after Murray 
He looks good and has more weapons this year. I'll be targeting him as well as my second QB who could end up being my number 1.

ito Smith is turrible
Where does Ollison land in that backfield?

no doubt about AZ Defense - it stinks
Opposing offenses should be able to play keep away from the Cardinals offense.  That could hurt the upside many are projecting for AZ offensive players.

I've seen that clueless look on the sideline too often.
What was Jeff Fisher doing on a sideline?

If you are in a ppr, dont sleep on li'l Boston Scott.

The Saints took him to be the Sproles type if it worked out eventually but the Eagles snagged him from their PS.   A tiny Dynamo who can do returns also. After Sanders and Howard (1 yearr deal) they don't have anything worth a damn.
He's a roster body IMO.  ??

Users who are viewing this thread