What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you lived elsewhere than America where would you move? (1 Viewer)

I've lived in Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru and obviously Denmark outside of the US.

Spain, Portugal, Italy would be on the list. Possibly South Africa (Cape Town only). I'd go back to Rio but not São Paulo (unless the money was very good).

Happy in Denmark, though, most of the year (crappy winters but nothing like Chicago or the rest of the midwest/northeast)

Prague or some small Austrian town and just say f all to the world at large. 
I thought of Prague but I'd worry about the language. I don't think I'd be able to learn a slavic language at this stage without major effort. Also, they get snow in the winter...

I live in Canada

therefore any place that has winters is off the board 

would love to live in Italy but its a little more expensive then I like 
 if in Europe : southern spain , Portugal , Greece -- pretty good weather and cheaper 

South east Asia would be awesome because of the exchange rate but couldn't deal with the humidity and temps 

not enough knowledge or experience for Africa or  so cant pick any country there

no experience of south America but have heard a few good things about  Ecuador and Chile  
for central America/Caribbean  I would pick panama ,costa rica   
some areas of mexico 
no chance for states - the exchange rate , medical costs and not a huge fan of the gun culture 

I thought of Prague but I'd worry about the language. I don't think I'd be able to learn a slavic language at this stage without major effort. Also, they get snow in the winter...
As far as I could tell everyone there spoke English...and Czech and Russian and German and French.

Prague or some small Austrian town and just say f all to the world at large. 
We traveled throughout Austria a couple summers ago with the family of our Austrian exchange student. As we would pass these little tiny and seemingly idyllic Austrian towns with flower boxes under every window, I wondered what life in those towns must be like. Maybe not an easy existence, but certainly a much simpler one. 

First choice, in the middle of nowhere Canada, wherever that maybe. I've become disenchanted with people in general and the further away from them I get the happier I am. Put me in the woods with a cabin, small garden to sustain and I'd be happy to live out my life there.

Second choice would be Australia because I think the people there are just a hoot so if i have to be around folks, might as well be around some fun, cool ones.

First choice, in the middle of nowhere Canada, wherever that maybe. I've become disenchanted with people in general and the further away from them I get the happier I am. Put me in the woods with a cabin, small garden to sustain and I'd be happy to live out my life there.

Second choice would be Australia because I think the people there are just a hoot so if i have to be around folks, might as well be around some fun, cool ones.
Don't think I've ever met a Scot that wasn't borderline insane - usually in a good way

I have an old friend that lives in Perth-area. The pics I see of it from her make it seem rather idyllic. 

Somewhere in Europe definitely. Better healthcare, better public transportation, better food in general. Probably Belgium so I could also have the best beer in the world. 

Mexico would be pretty cool.  Though my Spanish would have to improve a lot.

France would be pretty cool too. 

Tokyo would be awesome also. Though the language would be difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rome, Italy is my favorite city outside of NYC.  I like Paris a lot too.  I haven't been to some places that could be under consideration if I knew them, like Barcelona, Prague, and Grand Cayman.

County Mayo, Ireland until global warming kills the North Atlantic drift of the Gulf Stream and renders the British Isles into Arctic countries. Then Crete, probably

São Paulo is not charming in any way (Rio is) and traffic is seriously ####ed in São Paulo (it is in Rio too but in Rio there us the option of the metro). While São Paulo probably has better restaurants, Rio is not far behind.

To go to the beach while living in São Paulo is an Odyssey, in Rio it's just blocks away.

The winters in São Paulo can be chilly while the summers in Rio can be sweltering.

I prefer Rio

Seeing that I've never been in any other countries besides our neighbors to the north and south, I really don't know.

Probably Germany?

Users who are viewing this thread