What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pre Season DFS (1 Viewer)

TripleThreat

Footballguy
Anyone else play last night?

Won a heads up and placed 2nd in 35 person deal.  I don’t put a lot on the line but it’s nice to win and a fun way to learn the guys that could be relevant later in the season. 

I played a lot last year. If I remember correctly, I did pretty well on 1st 3 weeks (not including HOF). Week 4 was impossible.

Just missed being in the money last night... didn't spend enough time looking into things.  

There being two games tonight and tomorrow will make research easier

Got to admit, never done preseason before but tried the past two weeks, it is pretty fun strategy-wise. You have to gauge volume at RB but also who may get more carries against second and third-stringers. I generally pick talent over volume but volume does matter, but so do big plays. QB is basically pick the top 3 best QB as long as they aren't going against a tough first-string defense in the first couple series, and WR / TE is obviously the hardest and has the most variance. This is where research, Twitter, beat reports, etc come in handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
roster bubble guys.  young guys coaches want to get experience.  look for teams who have mature starters that will sit. and scour injury reports.
To show how much of a novice I am at preseason DFS, I kept waiting for DraftKings to update their prices.  I kept wondering, "Why is everyone the same price?  When the hell are they going to release the prices?"   :lmao:

Props to you all doing well with preseason. Seems like such a crapshoot.

Trying the free Fanduel one tonight. For week 3, is it just about finding info on what starters will log significant time? 

Trying the free Fanduel one tonight. For week 3, is it just about finding info on what starters will log significant time? 

That’s what I’d guess too. Who’s playing the most tonight. It’s gonna need to be the right blend of the starters Having extended playing time and second teir players who should see at least a half of play within the game. Probably some wr5 dart throw is gonna have a huge game that I won’t have. Preseason is a total crapshoot. Good luck. I’m ready for the regular season 

I haven't gotten into preseason as much as past years. It seems like there even less of an emphasis of these games mattering than past years. 

Edit: I just got an update from Simon our lead app developer. Part of the issue was that the Google store was blocking DFS apps. We are working on a phone interface but anything with phones takes time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an accurate site that lists inactives and players that won't suit up during preseason. It's terrible that sites like DK don't do this for you for players that are confirmed out. 

It's especially tough this year because week 3 used to be when all the starters would play at least a quarter. Many would play the first half. Based on what we've seen so far this week, many starters aren't playing at all. So silly.

@eoMMan, Half my players that night had zeros. I saw a quote from Bengals coach about looking forward to seeing how Mixon played in the game and he still didn't play! There's anither free one tonight, but I don't know if I'll bother. Defunutely not puting money on pre-season. The Rams aren't playing starters at all, so that could be a team to target if you can figure who gets the playing time. Also, Colts aren't playing Brissett.

It's especially tough this year because week 3 used to be when all the starters would play at least a quarter. Many would play the first half. Based on what we've seen so far this week, many starters aren't playing at all. So silly.
Yeah its been tough. You basically need insider info to actually know who is playing for even one series. For the most part, its only been profitable to play the players with names you don't know.

Note to all DFS junkies- I found a lot of overlay last night in the week4 preseason games and collected $30 with very little risk. One contest didn’t even fill to the pay line (all entrants won) and several left a lot of open entries I didn’t have to play against. I won in 12/14 contests, just missing on 2 (they were the win 10x, missed the cut by 1 or I would have tripled my money in play.)

I had similar luck last year late in the year when I switched from fanduel to DK and was eligible for the beginner contests. Probably about week 13 I switched, and apparently late in the year there aren’t as many beginners playing (or eligible) and I was able to enter 50/50s that either didn’t fill to the pay line or I only had to beat a couple people to pay off. Just filter the guaranteed payouts (so they pay whether they fill or not) and look with about 5-10 mins to game time and it’s easy money. 

Users who are viewing this thread