What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 3-Down LBs (1 Viewer)

ppozols

Footballguy
Anybody have a good resource for showing which LBs on each team stay on the field for 3-downs and who's wearing the green dot?

TIA

Camp News that I came across while looking into the Ravens LB situation with the departure of Mosley. Thought Kenny Young would be the one to own but now I’m not so sure.

Article from earlier today from staff writer Ryan Mink, 

Second-year linebacker Chris Board is pulling ahead in the competition to be the starter at inside linebacker, Defensive Coordinator Wink Martindale said Friday.

Board is competing with fellow second-year linebacker Kenny Young for the spot next to Patrick Onwuasor, who has shifted into the position previously held by C.J. Mosley.

Board and Young will still likely rotate during the season, but it’s a matter of who plays in what packages and gets the majority of the snaps.

“I think Chris Board is ahead of Kenny Young, but I still think Kenny Young … it’s still a battle,” Martindale said. “We’ll see when we get into the preseason games how well both those two do, but they’re both coming along really well.”

Camp News from Tampa, Even though David is still in town it sounds like this will be Whites defense from jump street...Dude may not know what the green dot was, but he’ll be wearing it. Expectations seem really high but I see no reason why he’s not a beast right out the gate. Top 15 LB in tackle heavy leagues.

Fred Goodall (AP writer) wrote today;

If selecting him fifth in the draft didn't send a message about how much they're counting on him, there was no mistaking the expectations after Arians informed White he was putting the "green dot" on the rookie's helmet.

"I didn't know what a green dot was, and then once I put the helmet on, I heard Coach Todd talking through the helmet. I was like: 'Aw man, they did put a lot of responsibility on me,'" White said. "But I feel like I asked for it, and I feel like I can handle it. I never shy away from anything because I don't feel like there is anything in the world that is too big for myself."

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ Wright is being criminally under valued in my opinion this off season. I see him ranked in the mid to late 40s (or even lower) on many LB rankings. This guy should remain a three down LB in Seattle and will be solid LB3 producer. His LB5 price tag probably has to do with injury plagued 2018 and being in Wagners shadow. I see right through those and will take him at this value all day.

KJ Wright is being criminally under valued in my opinion this off season. I see him ranked in the mid to late 40s (or even lower) on many LB rankings. This guy should remain a three down LB in Seattle and will be solid LB3 producer. His LB5 price tag probably has to do with injury plagued 2018 and being in Wagners shadow. I see right through those and will take him at this value all day.
They picked lb's in the 3rd and 5th rounds then re-signed Wagner. It may be a 2020 thing, but it could be a sometime in 2019 thing. 

Ok, let's try this

AFC EAST

Bills: Edmunds 100%, Milano 90/100%

Dolphins: kind of a mess here. Baker should be safe, Alonso is currently banged up, Eguavoen practicing with the 1st, McMillan with the 2nd, even TJ McDonald taking reps at LB.

Patriots: another mess. Van Noy should be safe, the rest...Collins/Hightower/Bentley/Roberts, who knows right now.

Jets: Mosley 100%, Williamson 100%

AFC NORTH

Ravens: Onwuasor probably around 90%, then I'm expecting something like Chris Board 60%, Kenny Young 40%, Anthony Levine 10%

Bengals: Vigil 100%, then maybe a rotation with Preston Brown & Pratt. The rest Evans/Nickerson/Jefferson kinda of meh

Browns: Schobert 100%, Kirksey 100%

Steelers: Bush, Barron & Vince Williiams are rotating during camp, I'm expecting something like 80% - 70% - 50% to start the season.

AFC SOUTH

Texans: Cunningham 100%, McKinney 100%

Jacksonville: Jack 100%, Quincy Williams was supposed to be the other one, now who knows but he could still be back early-mid september

Titans: probably Jayon Brown 80/90%, Woodyard 70/80%, Evans 30/50%

Colts: Leonard 100%, then maybe a rotation Walker / Okereke

AFC WEST

Broncos: Jewell 100%, with Todd Davis injured it looks like Justin Hollins is filling in.

Chiefs: another mess. Hitchens/Ragland/O'Daniel/Darron Lee/Damien Wilson, nobody is safe here...maybe Hitchens is the closest.

Raiders: Whitehead/Burfict/Marshall probably in that order, % are up for grabs.

Chargers: another mess. Perryman maybe 70/80% then Thomas Davis/Jatavis/Kyzir White with Adrian Phillips in subpackages....who knows

NFC EAST

Cobwoys: Vander Esch 100%, Jaylon 100% because Sean Lee is already injured

Giants: Ogletree 100%, the other one I don't know. It appears Bj Goodson is not safe here.

Eagles: Bradham 100%, Krugier Hill looked like he was on that path too then got injured and he could be out 2 months. Zach Brown looks awful according to the reports.

Redskins: Dion Hamilton & Bostic are starting with Holcomb first sub but we don't know how are they gonna split.

NFC NORTH

Bears: Roquan Smith 100%, Trevathan 100%

Lions: Davis 100% then a possible rotation Christian Jones/Kennard/Tavai

Packers: Martinez 100%, Burks ???

Vikings: Kendricks 100%, Barr 100%

NFC SOUTH

Falcons: Deion Jones 100%, then probably a Oluokon/De'Vondre rotation

Panthers: Kuechly 100%, Shaq Thompson 100%

Saints: Demario 100%, then a Aj Klein/Anzalone rotation

Bucs: David 100%, White 100%

NFC WEST

Cardinals: Hicks 100%, I don't know Reddick %

Seahawks: Wagner 100%, Wright 100%

49ers: Kwon 100%, Warner 100%

Rams: Littleton 100% then Kiser rotating with someone else

Ok, let's try this

AFC EAST

NFC SOUTH

Saints: Demario 100%, then a Aj Klein/Anzalone rotation

NFC WEST

Cardinals: Hicks 100%, I don't know Reddick %
I have been hearing a few reports about these situations recently. 

- Anzalone has had a great camp and building off of last season. Klein is on the decline. I think Anzalone is expected to be a 3-down.

- Reddick is struggling. Gardeck, by contrast, is supposedly having a good camp. Might be a situation worth monitoring.

They picked lb's in the 3rd and 5th rounds then re-signed Wagner. It may be a 2020 thing, but it could be a sometime in 2019 thing. 
Definitely for redraft only. He's no spring chicken-think 30 years old- but I think he’s still in a three down role and will be productive.

AFC WEST

Chiefs: another mess. Hitchens/Ragland/O'Daniel/Darron Lee/Damien Wilson, nobody is safe here...maybe Hitchens is the closest.
One player to keep an eye on this training camp: #Chiefs Linebacker Damien Wilson

610 Sports Radio‏Verified account @610SportsKC

One player to keep an eye on this training camp: #Chiefs Linebacker Damien Wilson. @pgsween says the former fourth round pick reminds him of Derrick Johnson. Check out the full interview from the second hour of #OutOfBounds HERE: https://610sports.radio.com/media/audio-channel/hr-2-kcs-obi-wan-kenobi-lil-pete-sweeney …

/>                          HR 2 - KC's Obi Wan Kenobi & Lil Pete Sweeney

4:05 PM - 4 Aug 2019

Barron in Pittsburgh is useless unless Vinny or Bush get hurt.  He'll play, but not enough to impact IDP scoring.

I picked up Jerome Baker in all my IDP leagues. I have heard nothing but glowing reports all offseason from HC Flores. He had 5 tackles in a quarter and half Thursday PM. With Miami likely to be playing behind a lot in the 2nd halves this season, he might easily surpass 100 solos.

Baker will be a stud this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a top 10 LB for IDP. Shouldn’t be on waivers anywhere. 

I picked up Jerome Baker in all my IDP leagues. I have heard nothing but glowing reports all offseason from HC Flores. He had 5 tackles in a quarter and half Thursday PM. With Miami likely to be playing behind a lot in the 2nd halves this season, he might easily surpass 100 solos.
worth dropping either Jarrad Davis or Trevathan for him?

Torn ACL done for the year, who is the best bet to benefit?
You’d think Cashman but that assumes he can get up to speed quickly and I’m not sure on that. For fantasy it might not matter. They also have very weak depth so maybe they sign Foster or Bynes or another FA.

You’d think Cashman but that assumes he can get up to speed quickly and I’m not sure on that. For fantasy it might not matter. They also have very weak depth so maybe they sign Foster or Bynes or another FA.
I think Neville Hewitt ends up splitting duties with Cashman, at a very minimum. Former CUSA defensive player of the year. Has a nice athletic profile, a healthy mean streak, and some experience playing last year when Lee was under suspension.

I think Neville Hewitt ends up splitting duties with Cashman, at a very minimum. Former CUSA defensive player of the year. Has a nice athletic profile, a healthy mean streak, and some experience playing last year when Lee was under suspension.
I read somewhere a couple days ago that Cashman is strong in coverage and Hewitt isn't. So if that's true Cashman probably gets 3 rd down, nickel, hurry up duties.

Anzalone is on my wire where almost 80 LBs are owned. I would have to drop Okereke in order to pick him up. But I think I might be trending that way in hopes Okereke doesn’t blow up in week one. Does anyone know with confidence if Anthony Walker will get snaps over Okereke early in season. I think Okereke is a long game, whereas Anzalone is ready from week 1.

I own Walker and all the news still has him as the starter and he's slotted into my starting lineup for week 1. Anzalone seems to be an injury concern (was a knock as a rookie last year and hasn't shed that label, yet) but I'd definitely roster Anzalone over Okereke. Starter vs. non-starter, both young, pretty easy choice. 

Good preseason press isn't enough to have me worried about Walker losing his spot (at least right away) to Okereke. It's a concern over the course of the season, though. 

That's one thing so great about IDP to me.  It's like a small town relative to the big city of offense where sophisticated metrics and parades of analysts make my head spin with all the information they can provide. In IDP, it's a few regular folks drinking from a firehose.  Basic info goes out wrong.  We can choose to stay ahead of the information trickle with a little leg work and get a leg up in our leagues.

But yeah, Kiko's roster spot is in jeopardy, Baker is wearing the green dot, and Eguavoen looks like he'll be in that 75%-90% range. Maybe higher if they don't roll out Reshad Jones as dime linebacker.

That's one thing so great about IDP to me.  It's like a small town relative to the big city of offense where sophisticated metrics and parades of analysts make my head spin with all the information they can provide. In IDP, it's a few regular folks drinking from a firehose.  Basic info goes out wrong.  We can choose to stay ahead of the information trickle with a little leg work and get a leg up in our leagues.

But yeah, Kiko's roster spot is in jeopardy, Baker is wearing the green dot, and Eguavoen looks like he'll be in that 75%-90% range. Maybe higher if they don't roll out Reshad Jones as dime linebacker.
Completely agree. 

Kiki is a good investment if his owner knows his spot is in jeopardy. I'm buying while adding Egon with the hope that kiko lands somewhere else and I have 2 starters on the cheap. 

I'm wondering how Alonso will affect Anzalone. Maybe both are rotational guys. I don't think any Saints' LB got 90% of snaps last year.

Not a great landing spot for Kiko since it's late and muddled but Klein has not been great. Theres a path to 3 down but Kiko is a hold and hope for a clear role by week 3.

Kiko is awful vs the pass. He isn't getting a meaningful job in NOLA unless Anzalone gets injured. Even then I would expect more nickel and dime and less Kiko. I am curious if he will get Anzalone off the field too much vs heavy personnel, especially in run situations, though.

Not a great landing spot for Kiko since it's late and muddled but Klein has not been great. Theres a path to 3 down but Kiko is a hold and hope for a clear role by week 3.
Klein wasn't expected to play 3 downs. Kiko, imo, is simply rotational player. He's an upgrade over whatever was behind Davis/Anzalone/Klein because it was pretty damn thin. Kiko has experience playing multiple roles for the position. Klein has some versatility too. 

Little more hesitant to grab Anzalone now that Kiko is in town. I know he’s old, slowed down but his move to NO is slightly concerning to everyone’s long term usage. 

Little more hesitant to grab Anzalone now that Kiko is in town. I know he’s old, slowed down but his move to NO is slightly concerning to everyone’s long term usage. 
Depends on the roster size, but I don't see any way Kiko jumps right in with only one week of practice. If you have room, add Anzalone now before anybody else does. He's a starting MLB. 

The owner in my league (55 man roster) dropped Anzalone in yesterday's final roster cuts. I had already traded for Kiko a few weeks ago before the cut/trade info came out and immediately added Anzalone. 

Anzalone doesn't have a Kiko problem. He has an Anzalone problem. Skill isn't his issue. Functional play isn't. Availability is. He stays available then he stays on the field. He doesn't and he won't.

Anzalone doesn't have a Kiko problem. He has an Anzalone problem. Skill isn't his issue. Functional play isn't. Availability is. He stays available then he stays on the field. He doesn't and he won't.
Played every game last season.

Anzalone played a lot of MLB last season and he was consistently putting up 2-3 tackles, very anaemic numbers. How come he suddenly gets super-charged?

Played every game last season.
C'mon, you're a Saints fan. You know exactly what I'm referring to. He topped out at 46 snaps in a game last year. Not because Klein was better - because the team didn't trust him to stay on the field if they played him more. He played 2 games in 2015. 8 games in 2016. 4 games in 2017. They open the door for him to earn a full time job after making it through a full season in a limited role. Then he's banged up all August, so they trade for an insurance policy in the event he can't hold-up once games start.

C'mon, you're a Saints fan. You know exactly what I'm referring to. He topped out at 46 snaps in a game last year. Not because Klein was better - because the team didn't trust him to stay on the field if they played him more. He played 2 games in 2015. 8 games in 2016. 4 games in 2017. They open the door for him to earn a full time job after making it through a full season in a limited role. Then he's banged up all August, so they trade for an insurance policy in the event he can't hold-up once games start.
you're overthinking it, imo. he's getting his shot now after showing improvement from last year. he's ready to take on a full-time role. Kiko is as much about having an experienced, versatile player to pitch in and even take over in the event of injury. 

you're overthinking it, imo. he's getting his shot now after showing improvement from last year. he's ready to take on a full-time role. Kiko is as much about having an experienced, versatile player to pitch in and even take over in the event of injury. 
How is 'if he stays available then he stays on the field - he doesn't and he won't' over-thinking it.

Anybody close to the Jets have a bead on the Hewitt/Cashman situation? Specifically which would be more productive in tackle-heavy leagues.

Anzalone 2018 - Pro Football Focus rank: 34 out of 92

Couldn't find Klein's rank but he was worse than Anzalone  -
69.7 to 71.8

Users who are viewing this thread