What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Claws (1 Viewer)

Heard on the radio the other day they are the #1 alcoholic beverage sold in America the last year (eta: White Claws specifically).  More than Bud, Bud Light, or Miller Lite.  Truly is the #1 Sam Adams product sold.

I took my family to the lake today, just swimming and hanging on the beach.  Everywhere I looked there was hard seltzer.  From 10:30 in the morning until we left @ 3.  No beers, no wines, just tall slim white cans of hard seltzer.  I was surprised I didn't see kids drinking them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard on the radio the other day they are the #1 alcoholic beverage sold in America the last year (eta: White Claws specifically).  More than Bud, Bud Light, or Miller Lite.  Truly is the #1 Sam Adams product sold.

I took my family to the lake today, just swimming and hanging on the beach.  Everywhere I looked there was hard seltzer.  From 10:30 in the morning until we left @ 3.  No beers, no wines, just tall slim white cans of hard seltzer.  I was surprised I didn't see kids drinking them.
Furrealz? That's funny. 

Oh, and careful about the bolded. This is a family site.  

I hardly drink, but I do find these delicious probably b/c I already drink a lot of seltzer.   The nice part is that taste good no matter how many you've put down unlike beer which starts to get a little rough.

I got through four paragraphs and laughed at all the bro jokes made at the expense of those "other" cool refreshers. 

I'm the man the article laments. I'm sort of proud of being the face of Eater's scorn. 

eta* Actually, I read the article again. The IG photos have a heavy dose of irony. And tortoise shell Ray Ban sunglasses. I own a pair of those. My brother's first words: "Why are you wearing chick glasses?"

I thought it was East Coast cool. Turns out, it's Best Coast fool.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a 24-pack case of each to a neighborhood pot-luck.  The White Claws were devoured in the first hour while the 21st Amendment IPAs were left untouched.  Doesn't surprise me that many people will choose the low-carb alternative.  :coffee:

I have tried several brands and all of them have that bitter back-end taste - almost to the point of a tonic water taste.  

I love a good vodka tonic but not a fan of these.  

I think I'd rather have a zima with a little chambord poured in it. 

Not ashamed.  

I have tried several brands and all of them have that bitter back-end taste - almost to the point of a tonic water taste.  

I love a good vodka tonic but not a fan of these.  

I think I'd rather have a zima with a little chambord poured in it. 

Not ashamed.  
I like vodka and tonic with lime. You telling me the lime version ain't gonna cut it for me?

Certainly not for everybody but I like them a lot.  

White Claws or the other brands are decent but if I'm drinking I want more flavor.  Summer time Pilsners are my jam.  Soooooooo many good Oregon Pils now.  
what the hell ever happened to those high-powered $30 liter fruit beers?  

I haven't looked hard, but never saw them around where I live. 

what the hell ever happened to those high-powered $30 liter fruit beers?  

I haven't looked hard, but never saw them around where I live. 
Not sure I know what you mean....like farmhouse saisons or sours?  Some of those can get very spendy.  

I like fruit and I like beer but I don't want fruity beer or fruit in my beer unless it's a lime in a Mexican lager on a hot hot day. 

Not sure I know what you mean....like farmhouse saisons or sours?  Some of those can get very spendy.  

I like fruit and I like beer but I don't want fruity beer or fruit in my beer unless it's a lime in a Mexican lager on a hot hot day. 
yeah - the sours ...wanted to try them for an occasional change of pace.  I'm pretty cheap - the idea of paying for one of those for more than a handle of VO Blend would make it a very sometimes thing.

yeah - the sours ...wanted to try them for an occasional change of pace.  I'm pretty cheap - the idea of paying for one of those for more than a handle of VO Blend would make it a very sometimes thing.
They can be spendy but not THAT much.  I can send you a few.  They are an acquired taste for sure. My GB @Jefferson the Caregiver likes them.  I just can't finish them.  Sour isn't something I enjoy in any format (candy, etc) but I can recognize the work that goes into making them for those who do enjoy that taste.  

They can be spendy but not THAT much.  I can send you a few.  They are an acquired taste for sure. My GB @Jefferson the Caregiver likes them.  I just can't finish them.  Sour isn't something I enjoy in any format (candy, etc) but I can recognize the work that goes into making them for those who do enjoy that taste.  
thanks GM - very cool of you, that would be costly.  

I'll keep looking around here 

Not sure if Jolly Pumpkin distributes down there 

but seems like just about everyone has a sour or gose style
I'll look a little harder next time - we have a couple of pretty decent sized liquor stores and I have quickly perused them a couple of times ...not quite knowing what I'm looking for.  I'll just ask them there.  

I don't care how effeminate this drink is, at least no one started a thread about that gosh awful TV show on TNT that ran non-stop promos during the NBA playoffs.  I wanted to stab whatever exec made that call every commercial break.

I went to Saratoga for the races last weekend and everyone was drinking seltzers.  Next step is getting them on tap in bars and restaurants.  That's gotta be coming soon.

I want to party with Ben:

Ben Shea, a self-identified bro, who recently told Business Insider that White Claw is “ridiculously good. If I’m at a party now and someone offers me an IPA or a White Claw, I definitely take a White Claw… I do dude things and get stoked and all that. But I also just feel comfortable saying I like White Claw and that it’s good.”

I don't care how effeminate this drink is, at least no one started a thread about that gosh awful TV show on TNT that ran non-stop promos during the NBA playoffs.  I wanted to stab whatever exec made that call every commercial break.
That's what I was thinking this thread was gonna be about.  Why does that broad loud-whisper everything she says?  Annoying.

As for the topic at hand........  :bag:

So it is ok to drink these or not?  I don't want to lose my FBG card. 
I'm going with yes.  It seems as if there is some %$#- talking as a result but I think enough dudes are drinking these to make them an OK summer alternative.

As others have mentioned, going "big" by dropping a shot of vodka in.

Users who are viewing this thread