What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which is the greater American tragedy? (1 Viewer)

Choose one from this list

• Bowling Green Massacre

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Toledo Mass Shooting

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
Its a close call, and I can understand why some might not be able to choose.

But, which do you think has had, or will have, a greater impact on society?

I was in Bowling Green recently, and sadly, it appears that the BGM has all but been forgotten.  I fear the same thing could happen in Toledo, unless we, as a nation, come together and do something.

Toledo has been through a lot.  They are still recovering from that person who was injured by a penknife during the 1835 Toledo War.

I was in Bowling Green recently, and sadly, it appears that the BGM has all but been forgotten.  I fear the same thing could happen in Toledo, unless we, as a nation, come together and do something.
How about Las Vegas?  My sister lives outside of LV and  Mandalay Bay is one of her go to places to gamble as shje has friends who work there.  I was there in the spring and you would never know anything ever happened.  Business as usual.  In fact my sister said it was pretty much business as usual less than 2 weeks after.

Also she told me her friends who work there are not supposed to talk about the massacre with guests.

How about Las Vegas?  My sister lives outside of LV and  Mandalay Bay is one of her go to places to gamble as shje has friends who work there.  I was there in the spring and you would never know anything ever happened.  Business as usual.  In fact my sister said it was pretty much business as usual less than 2 weeks after.

Also she told me her friends who work there are not supposed to talk about the massacre with guests.
Dude...

I voted Toledo.  It's all anyone can talk about in my office.  Well, that and my assistant's no good daughter in law.  So ungrateful and selfish.

I don't really connect with it. 40,000 people (1/3 chiildren) die each day around the world, from the simple inability to sustain life, in situations over which they had no choice. I mourn for all of them, none more than others. The welfare of strangers has some currency with me, mostly in its systematics, but no country.

America has chosen that getting shot up in public is an acceptable risk on behalf of dickless paranoids feeling safe in their homes and not being told what they can & can't do.  That's the risk of being an American - know it when you leave the house and, truly, if you don't like it, leave. That's how that phrase works, btw. My sis, sons, friends get their heads blown off in a mall, ill be mad at what created that scenario, but i already am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brutal war that not many know about between Michigan and Ohio over the rights to Toledo.

Obviously Michigan won.
Brutal???

The Toledo War (1835–36), also known as the Michigan–Ohio War, was an almost bloodless boundary dispute between the U.S. state of Ohio and the adjoining territory of Michigan.

I don't really connect with it. 40,000 people (1/3 chiildren) die each day around the world, from the simple inability to sustain life, in situations over which they had no choice. I mourn for all of them, none more than others. The welfare of strangers has some currency with me, mostly in its systematics, but no country.

America has chosen that getting shot up in public is an acceptable risk on behalf of dickless paranoids feeling safe in their homes and not being told what they can & can't do.  That's the risk of being an American - know it when you leave the house and, truly, if you don't like it, leave. That's how that phrase works, btw. My sis, sons, friends get their heads blown off in a mall, ill be mad at what created that scenario, but i already am.
It's interesting because not five minutes ago i saw a comment on facebook on an npr article on gun deaths in the usa that was 'we all have to die at some point' as justification of the gun violence

It's interesting because not five minutes ago i saw a comment on facebook on an npr article on gun deaths in the usa that was 'we all have to die at some point' as justification of the gun violence
if i could restore one of two things - the lives of all those killed by mass shooters or the general respect for truth, i'd take the latter. pretty sure i'd come out ahead on the body count by doing so, too.

Moving from “who’s hottest” to “what mass killing is more tragic” seems like a big step in the wrong direction.

just goes to show how little i pay attention to em.....

sorry for stepping on a good joke
Is it a joke?  One of these was used as justification for actual federal policy.  I doubt that will be true, at least beyond local levels for the other.  More like a sad commentary than a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread