What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ezekiel Ellott Status - 8.5.19 (1 Viewer)

Ezekiel Elliott Status Poll 8.5.19 How many games will Elliott miss this year due to holdout?

• Zero

Votes: 73 67.6%
  • 1-2

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • 5+

Votes: 18 16.7%

• Total voters
Personally I think 0. Dallas holds all the leverage with Zeke still being under contract. He either plays or accrues massive fines each day. 

Jerry Jones was asked four days if he was concerned the contract extension might not get done and said “I have no concern...when have I ever not done one?” Over the weekend he reiterated that in due time Cooper, Elliott & Prescott would all be extended.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole point of a fantasy football message board is to speculate.
We speculate based on information we get here from news and posters. 

Is there information to be gained from this?  

Is your guess or mine of value?  I say he misses 9.54382 games - you're welcome?

We speculate based on information we get here from news and posters. 

Is there information to be gained from this?  

Is your guess or mine of value?  I say he misses 9.54382 games - you're welcome?
Maybe just for a fun, interesting conversation? I think it'd be interesting to get others thoughts, see if a majority of people were correct or incorrect when this all plays out.

Jerry Jones was asked four days if he was concerned the contract extension might not get done and said “I have no concern...when have I ever not done one?” Over the weekend he reiterated that in due time Cooper, Elliott & Prescott would all be extended.
He also said the other day that Elliott might take months

The whole point of a fantasy football message board is to speculate.
This. Not sure what the point of that comment was....

and back to “speculating” - I don’t think he will miss a game. He’s too important to the team and anyone with two brain cells to rub together can realize that holding hasn’t exactly worked out for the player here of late. 

He sits out 2 games, Jerry folds & they pay him. 

Then he misses 6 weeks with a soft tissue injury because he missed the preseason. 

So is the poll for how many games he will hold out or do we include injury games missed due to his holding out?

TheDirtyWord said:
Zero...Jerry Jones is not entrusting late life stage SuperBowl runs to Tony Pollard.
Agreed....They built this team to run the ball, and Zeke has been the focal point of that.   His influence on a game goes beyond his production.  Just like any talented skill player, just his presence opens things up for others.

NDyse10 said:
Personally I think 0. Dallas holds all the leverage with Zeke still being under contract. He either plays or accrues massive fines each day. 
Normally, I would agree with you. In this case Jones has already shown us his poker tendencies when dealing with Emmitt. Keep in mind that team was built to win without Emmitt much more than the current Cowboy team is built to win without Zeke. Jones also had more bullets left in the revolver back then so he had less pressure to make every single season count. If I were Zeke and his agent I would take all these factors into account even though on the surface it doesn't really look like Zeke has much leverage.

DAL is a ~.500 team without him. Unfortunately for Zeke the Cowboys early season schedule was kind of made to live without him. Giants at home, @Redskins, Dolphins at home. DAL should finish above .500 in those games even without Zeke. It's that next stretch before the bye where Zeke would have some serious bargaining power: @NO, GB, @NJY, PHI. That four game stretch could end up knocking them out of the playoffs if they don't have Zeke.

The only way I don't see Jones caving before the game @NO is if DAL is 3-0 AND the rushing game hasn't missed a beat without Zeke. It's possible, but not likely. He's playing by the home gave vs GB no matter what imo.

matuski said:
This is a weird thread...

Just a pole for random speculation?
It is valuable information to see what the general FF participants believe regarding a holdout.  It helps give some idea on when you may be able to draft him based on a consensus of holdout length.  If it was 95% that people believe he will hold out 5+ games then it is likely he drops in drafts.  That has value.   

It is valuable information to see what the general FF participants believe regarding a holdout.  It helps give some idea on when you may be able to draft him based on a consensus of holdout length.  If it was 95% that people believe he will hold out 5+ games then it is likely he drops in drafts.  That has value.   
I can attest that in my shark-infested dynasty start-up slow-auction draft (happening as I type this) Kamara went for $116/500, Barkley $132 & CMC $136, while Zeke went for $101.

IMO that discount is 100% reflective of the risk associated with the holdout. 

I think a topic like this carries plenty of value. 

IMO that discount is 100% reflective of the risk associated with the holdout. 
While the holdout is the single biggest reason I think it's unfair to say 100%.

For instance here are the career carries for the group you mention....

Zeke - 868

CMC - 336

Kamara - 314

Barkley - 261

... so Zeke already has a lot more wear-and-tear than the others in the group.

In addition, if I read the headline, "Top NFL RB suspended 8 games over night club incident" at some point this season from that group my first guess would be Zeke and it really wouldn't be close. His decision making in the past has been suspect. I don't think the other three have nearly the character issue concerns. 

I agree with you that the threat of a holdout is likely overblown but you also have to remember that there were a LOT of people that drafted LevBell at this time last year. I would be surprised if ANY of those folks want any part of Zeke right now. I think the consensus on Bell last year at this time was he would miss all of training camp and report a few days before the season started.

While the holdout is the single biggest reason I think it's unfair to say 100%.

For instance here are the career carries for the group you mention....

Zeke - 868

CMC - 336

Kamara - 314

Barkley - 261

... so Zeke already has a lot more wear-and-tear than the others in the group.

In addition, if I read the headline, "Top NFL RB suspended 8 games over night club incident" at some point this season from that group my first guess would be Zeke and it really wouldn't be close. His decision making in the past has been suspect. I don't think the other three have nearly the character issue concerns. 

I agree with you that the threat of a holdout is likely overblown but you also have to remember that there were a LOT of people that drafted LevBell at this time last year. I would be surprised if ANY of those folks want any part of Zeke right now. I think the consensus on Bell last year at this time was he would miss all of training camp and report a few days before the season started.
Yeah, I agree. In my post I nearly cited off-field incidents but figured some might challenge me on that. No question he’s kind of a knucklehead & has had questionable personal life decision making in the past. 

Users who are viewing this thread