What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keepers - Who would you not keep? (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
Hey guys and gals.  It's that time of year for the board to be lit up with keeper questions.

I'm in a ten team league.  You can keep anybody who was drafted in the tenth round or later and anybody who was picked up during the season but only if they were undrafted.

1 point ppr.  All TDs worth six points.  No penalty for turnovers.  Good QBs are hard to come by in this league because they tend to get drafted late and stashed.  I was out of it last year so I picked up some keeper eligible guys at the end of the year to stash coming into the year.  I want to keep at most nine players and have 13  eligible.  I will not be keeping Cleveland as I tend to stream my defenses.  So I need to cut at least three other players.

19 player roster and we start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex RB/WR, kicker, defense

Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Mitchell Trubisky, Jameis Winston, Tarik Cohen, Kenyan Drake, Austin Ekeler, Derrius Guice, Phillip Lindsay, Kenny Golladay, Jarvis Landry, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Cleveland.

Thanks all!

Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Mitchell Trubisky, Jameis Winston, Tarik Cohen, Kenyan Drake, Austin Ekeler, Derrius Guice, Phillip Lindsay, Kenny Golladay, Jarvis Landry, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Cleveland.

Thanks all!
My nine: Jackson, Winston, Cohen, Ekeler, Guice, Golloday, Landry, Lindsay & probably Trubisky as well just to have a QB for trade bait. Chances are of those 2 you’ll be able to get a nice return from a QB-needy team. 

Good luck.

my current dilemma: 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/778002-dynasty-startup-philosophy-crazy/?do=findComment&comment=22060063

You need WR help for sure.  I would drop Darnold (you don't need 4 QB's and probably don't need three), MVS (I like everyone else more and WR's are easier to find than RB's), and Drake (It came down to Drake, Cohen, and Ekeler.  If Gordon comes back into camp I would put Ekeler out there instead). 

I would probably have first on the chopping block: drake, MVS, trubisky.  I would consider Ekeler.

I'm assuming PPR.  If not, Cohen could be consideration.

You need WR help for sure.  I would drop Darnold (you don't need 4 QB's and probably don't need three), MVS (I like everyone else more and WR's are easier to find than RB's), and Drake (It came down to Drake, Cohen, and Ekeler.  If Gordon comes back into camp I would put Ekeler out there instead). 
Even before I read Gally's thoughts, he picked the same players I did.  I'm watching the battle with Drake and Ballage in Miami and Gordon...  I like Trubisky more than Darnold.

Thanks all!  I don't have to decide today and I'm going to be watching a little preseason.  We all know things can change in an instant.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep Trubisky though.  He's one of those guys that I just have a feeling about.  He may not come through, but but if I dropped him and he ended up having a great year I would kick myself for it.

I know that barring something drastic, I'm keeping Winston, Trubisky, Golladay, and Landry.  I think I'm keeping Cohen , Guice, and Lindsay.  I'm keeping my eye on Jackson, Drake , MVS, and Ekeler (really more Gordon than Ekeler).  

And yes, Long Ball, I did indicate in the post that it's a one point ppr league.  

Users who are viewing this thread