What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breakout DE Players (1 Viewer)

griffin6687

Footballguy
Just wondering who everything thinks may breakout this year. The next Danielle Hunter maybe. 

Two guys I'm targeting are Markus Davenport and Derek Barnett. A couple other names I've seen on sites are Sam Hubbard and Charles Harris. What everyone's thoughts on Everson Griffen rebounding?

I like Bilal Nichols in CHI in deeper leagues. 

Leonard Williams may get more 4-3 snaps which could push his numbers up.

Carl Lawson is still a favorite of mine and should draw single coverage opposite Dunlap

Snap count will probably be a bit tough this year with Graham & Barnett as the penciled-in starters, but Josh Sweat is getting some good press. Barnett's status this year (breakout vs. bust) makes all the difference. 

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagle-eye-daeshon-hall-josh-sweat-show-plenty-of-promise-for-d-line

I will also (again) recommend Breeland Speaks in KC. Get him now while people still believe Alex Okafor is going to hold that starting spot on depth charts. 

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/15/kansas-city-chiefs-dl-breeland-speaks-thriving-at-his-natural-position/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering who everything thinks may breakout this year. The next Danielle Hunter maybe. 

Two guys I'm targeting are Markus Davenport and Derek Barnett. A couple other names I've seen on sites are Sam Hubbard and Charles Harris. What everyone's thoughts on Everson Griffen rebounding?
I really like the Davenport call. 1st round pick that had some injury issues last year, but played well when on the field. I think he will have a 10+ sack season if he can stay on the field.

You like anyone there now, Choke? I thought Avery Moss flashed a bit in New York in 2017. Just a misfit in Bettcher's 3-4 scheme last year. 

You like anyone there now, Choke? I thought Avery Moss flashed a bit in New York in 2017. Just a misfit in Bettcher's 3-4 scheme last year. 
I would stay away from Miami D-lineman.  They will be losing a lot and the other teams will just be running.  Baker is the big beneficiary and only guy I would target on that defense.  Maybe Jones now that they cut McDonald. 

Gally said:
I would stay away from Miami D-lineman.  They will be losing a lot and the other teams will just be running.  Baker is the big beneficiary and only guy I would target on that defense.  Maybe Jones now that they cut McDonald. 
Add Eguavoen now, ask questions later. Not confident he gets 90+% snaps, but on that defense I want to find out with him on my bench. 

If my math is right the players on the current Miami DL has combined for 5.5 career sacks.

Users who are viewing this thread