What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Anarchy League 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League 3 Site
Draft set to start 8/8/19 at 8:00 Eastern time.
Everyone needs to check in here to verify they can successfully get on the league site and are ready to draft.
The first overall pick cannot be pre-drafted.

Draft Order:
01) swabs - IN
02) Kutta
03) jhexel
04) JeremyX13
05) Blinky The Three Eyed Fish - IN
06) ZWK
07 TheGrimReaper - IN
08) 5Rings - IN
09) Dreamers - IN
10) BassNBrew
11) ryheaps - IN
12) Maggot Brain - IN
13) Crippler - IN
14) HellToupee
15) Pigskin Fanatic - IN
16) Genester - IN

Last edited by a moderator:
I demand a recount.
People drafting at the back end of these drafts frequently get bummed at getting a late pick. Given the crazy parameters, over the years, leagues have been won drafting from pretty much every starting draft spot. There's a lot more strategery and deeper player knowledge to win one of these leagues. And a lot of luck never hurt.

People drafting at the back end of these drafts frequently get bummed at getting a late pick. Given the crazy parameters, over the years, leagues have been won drafting from pretty much every starting draft spot. There's a lot more strategery and deeper player knowledge to win one of these leagues. And a lot of luck never hurt.
thanks D, i wasn't serious (you knew that) and agree i've seen people win from back end of the draft plenty. reverse is also very true, lose from the front of the draft. i have many many experience with the latter.

thanks D, i wasn't serious (you knew that) and agree i've seen people win from back end of the draft plenty. reverse is also very true, lose from the front of the draft. i have many many experience with the latter.
Won from the 12 spot last year and got the same position this year, which means........absolutely nothing :)

8 hour timer turned on. Clock turned off from 12 AM to 8 AM Eastern time.
If an owner does not have a draft list set up, auto selection will be based on highest ranked player based on ADP.

All, 

Sorry for the timeout y/d.  Not getting the notifications in timely fashion (delayed email).  Will check in couple x day.

Grim

Btw the AB punishment well desrved (long sigh)

Sorry gents, was on my phone and screwed the pooch and picked Zane Gonzalez when my final pick should have been a DT.  Anarchy, can you pls fix my FU.  I'll PM you with DT choices.  Sorry

Previous years' writueps: 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 a & b, 2010.

Basic idea is to rely on projections, with positional adjustments that give me a draft board that leads to a complete roster (so, e.g., there are exactly 2 rounds where a PK is the top player on my draft board). Of course this doesn't work perfectly, and I'll have to adjust to the flow of the draft as it's happening.

1.06 RB Alvin Kamara NO
This year's top RBs are good enough to be early first rounders even in this format. Playoff value puts him neck-and-neck with Barkley. Also considered: RB Saquon Barkley, TE George Kittle.

2.11 WR TY Hilton IND
Hope we're not in for another Jacoby Brissett season. Also considered: RB Nick Chubb.

3.06 QB Aaron Rodgers GB
This is pretty late to be getting a top 4 QB. In hindsight I wish I'd let the QBs keep falling and taken Engram here. Also considered: TE Evan Engram, RB Damien Williams.

4.11 QB Baker Mayfield CLE
Betting on his upside. Also considered: RB Chris Carson, QB Drew Brees.

5.06 WR Alshon Jeffery PHI
Playoff value gives him the edge in this WR tier, and the other positions are a tier behind. Also considered: WR Tyler Boyd, WR Allen Robinson.

6.11 TE Trey Burton CHI
TEs are flying off the board. He's the 16th one drafted, and last year's TE9. Also considered: WR AJ Green, RB Latavius Murray, TE Jack Doyle.

7.06 RB Latavius Murray NO
Should basically slot into Ingram's role. Also considered: WR Christian Kirk, WR Marvin Jones, TE Jimmy Graham, TE Jack Doyle.

8.11 WR Curtis Samuel CAR
Getting tons of hype, and at worst a starting WR. Also considered: RB Jordan Howard, PK Greg Zuerlein, WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

9.06 RB Peyton Barber TB
I want to get one of the top few kickers, but I'll gamble on one of them lasting till next round and take a boring starting running back. Also considered: PK Greg Zuerlein, RB Matt Breida, RB Kalen Ballage, DST Chicago Bears.

10.11 PK Mike Badgley LAC
Alas, the kicker run came. I'll join it. Also considered: DST LA Rams, DST LA Chargers, RB LeSean McCoy, WR Michael Gallup, PK Jake Elliott.

11.06 PK Jason Myers SEA
I'll lock up a good safe 2nd kicker rather than waiting out the long turn. Also considered: WR Michael Gallup, DST New Orleans Saints, TE Chris Herndon, RB LeSean McCoy.

12.11 DST New Orleans Saints NO
RB-RB-DST stack. Wish I had their kicker too. Also considered: DST New England Patriots, TE Gerald Everett, RB Nyheim Hines.

13.06 TE Gerald Everett LAR
Decent floor with some upside, and the TE position is really thinning out. Also considered: RB Nyheim Hines, DST Pittsburgh Steelers, WR Kenny Stills.

14.11 RB C.J. Anderson DET
Should be a committee back at worst. Also considered: WR Tre'Quan Smith, DST Dallas Cowboys

15.06 WR Adam Humphries TEN
Safe, with some target upside if Mariota dinks & dunks. Also considered: DST Buffalo Bills, DST Dallas Cowboys, WR Taylor Gabriel, WR Albert Wilson.

16.11 WR Taylor Gabriel CHI
Healthy & locked into a starting role (at least in 3 WR sets). Also considered: DST Green Bay Packers, DST Detroit Lions, WR Albert Wilson, TE Will Dissly, WR Randall Cobb.

17.06 DST Green Bay Packers GB
I'll take my defense here rather than getting stuck with the dregs. Also considered: DST New York Jets, TE Will Dissly, WR Randall Cobb, WR Albert Wilson.

18.11 WR Albert Wilson MIA
Has been doing partial practices for a while & Bramel doesn't seem concerned about the hip. Also considered: WR DJ Chark, WR Trey Quinn, WR Chris Conley, WR Marqise Lee.

This team seems pretty solid, but I don't like it as much as I usually like my Anarchy teams. I mis-timed my QB picks (wish I'd gotten Engram + QB Saints instead of QB Packers + Jeffery), came late to the initial PK run, and didn't get any amazing values. There are some other teams that look real good, especially Genester & Dreamers.

Users who are viewing this thread