What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

REDZONE Preseason coverage???? (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Anyone know if Redzone is going to cover preseason games tomorrow evening?

I know they have done this in the past, (although I don't believe every year since its inception) but web searches are essentially turning up articles and prompts from years past.

(I know the NFL network is going to fire it up tomorrow night, but I am leaning more towards Redzone if its available)

I have yet to see anything definitive saying they will have live Redzone coverage tomorrow night.

I am betting they will, as I think they usually do,...... does anyone know definitively ???

Thanks in advance............

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Hanson @ScottHanson

To whom it may concern... There will be a Preseason #NFLRedZone on Thursday 8/29/19 See you Aug 29 at 7pm ET!

Scott Hanson @ScottHanson

To whom it may concern... There will be a Preseason #NFLRedZone on Thursday 8/29/19 See you Aug 29 at 7pm ET!

Well this blows.

Why they wouldn't actually do a RedZone "sneak peek"  in WEEK 3 , where many actual rostered players take the field is beyond me.

No, lets fire up week 4 so we can see guys that have no hope of ever making a roster play.     :wall:

I can vaguely remember a week 3 RedZone in recent years, at least I think.....but unless something is announced quickly, it appears as though we get to see CLAYTON THORSON , MATT BARKLEY  (yeah the OTHER Barkley) and JAKE RUDOCK in week 4, and thats the extent of our RedZone sneak peek.  :wall:

TZM

I’ve said it before, in this forum even I’m sure:

RedZone could make a mint reairing abbreviated versions of their prior season’s programming during the 4 weeks after the SB and the 4 weeks of preseason. Say the “best of” weeks 1-4 highlights in PS week 1, weeks 5-8 in week 2, and so on.

I don’t remember the biggest highlights of Week 9 of 2018. Would I have sat down with a neighbor or two and watched an hour or two of it last Sunday instead of meaningless Friday preseason coverage? You know I would.

I’ve said it before, in this forum even I’m sure:

RedZone could make a mint reairing abbreviated versions of their prior season’s programming during the 4 weeks after the SB and the 4 weeks of preseason. Say the “best of” weeks 1-4 highlights in PS week 1, weeks 5-8 in week 2, and so on.

I don’t remember the biggest highlights of Week 9 of 2018. Would I have sat down with a neighbor or two and watched an hour or two of it last Sunday instead of meaningless Friday preseason coverage? You know I would.

Makes sense....... AND it also makes sense they would try and show a few of the NFL's marquee players, the one time they give the non-paying public a free sneak peak at RedZone and what it is all about.

Its mind boggling to me.  Instead, we are going to get a vast amount of guys fighting for a roster spot, most will be cut, and damn few sightings of the star players in the  "preseason week 4 REDZONE offering" ....if thats what you want to call it.      :shrug:

Call me REDZONE execs..... I have a few other ideas as well.  

TZM

Well this blows.

Why they wouldn't actually do a RedZone "sneak peek"  in WEEK 3 , where many actual rostered players take the field is beyond me.

No, lets fire up week 4 so we can see guys that have no hope of ever making a roster play.     :wall:

I can vaguely remember a week 3 RedZone in recent years, at least I think.....but unless something is announced quickly, it appears as though we get to see CLAYTON THORSON , MATT BARKLEY  (yeah the OTHER Barkley) and JAKE RUDOCK in week 4, and thats the extent of our RedZone sneak peek.  :wall:

TZM
I doubt it's their decision.  It requires a deal with the NFL to be allowed to operate Redzone at all, and the NFL sells preseason action for $100.  I doubt the NFL has any interest in giving up the only preseason week that matters so Redzone can do a dry run.

I doubt it's their decision.  It requires a deal with the NFL to be allowed to operate Redzone at all, and the NFL sells preseason action for $100.  I doubt the NFL has any interest in giving up the only preseason week that matters so Redzone can do a dry run.
Thats the issue, it doesn't have to be a whole evening.  Nor a whole week. This can be done in such a fashion where it wouldn't hurt their "preseason $100 product".

The "sneak peek" is supposed to attract viewers and customers...(I guess..??? Is that even the real reason?)  Even just say a 2 or 3 hour window of RedZone would attract far more customers, if it had actual recognizable football names, not some "working class guy" type players fighting for the last few roster spots. I seriously doubt a 2 or 3 hour window will kill any of the NFL's "preseason product", or paying customers.

I'm trying to think of it from a casual viewers perspective, not one who has been familiar with RedZone for years.

It just seems like a no brainer win-win for me for the NFL, when it comes to RedZone (and how they utilize it)  anyway.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread