What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ice Raid Thread (1 Viewer)

Sorry if mentioned already but interesting too they nabbed all of these people at work. The main reason always given for deportation is that they are lazy lowlifes that do nothing but suck at the proverbial teat of the US. 
You are trying too hard. 

ETA: You basically made that up out of thin air. There are 8 search results on this forum that have the words immigrant and lazy in them. None of them use the words in the context you are saying.

Change it to illegal and lazy and you get pretty much the same results.

I should have actually said "You aren't even trying". 

Last edited by a moderator:
From a widely shared Facebook post. 

Unai Montes-Irueste 8-9-19

If you’re reading this and you’re thinking that the ICE raid in Mississippi was justified because the 680 men and women apprehended are undocumented, and therefore in your eyes they are here “illegally” and we “have the right to enforce our laws,” you should know the following:

The owner of the business in Mississippi who hired all of these undocumented persons uses a social security number verification system and he is the one who supplied his own workers with the fake numbers and fake documentation they needed. The employer is guilty of perpetrating fraud and identity theft but he is not being charged with these crimes. 

Further, the owner of the business was facing charges of sexual harassment and assault by several brave immigrant women who came forward to share their stories. The federal government knows this but they are not bringing charges against the owner of the business for this reason either. 

Last, the employer was found responsible of wage theft in the amount of 3.8 million dollars. Again, brave workers came forward to talk about unpaid hours of work and illegally docked paychecks. And they proved their case. But as you might have guessed the federal government is not charging owner of the business with any wrongdoing here either. 

The White House is not directing the Department of Homeland Security to make an example of this business owner by fining him and/or charging him because he is a major donor to the Trump presidential campaign. 

If you thought that the swamp was being drained you are sorely mistaken. 

But wait it gets worse. 

The White House flew in the national director of ICE ahead of the raid in Mississippi and imported 600 ICE agents not stationed in that area. All of this constitutes an unprecedented expense of our taxpayer dollars. 

And based on all available evidence the reason the White House and Department of Homeland Security justified this expense was they knew that they would receive viral media coverage by choosing to execute a raid of this scale in the wake of the El Paso shooting. 

The Trump re-election campaign has already spent $17.2 million on digital ads. 2,200+ of these mention an “invasion of illegal immigrants.” And by rounding up 680 workers in the most public and publicized way possible the White House has, as it did with the 4th of July military parade, made the conscious decision to buttress and complement its campaign expenditures on our dime as taxpayers. 

ICE did not select this raid site randomly. This worksite had been on their radar for a year. They knew with a great deal of anticipation that this raid would happen at this time. And that’s how they were able to get 600 agents shipped in and that’s why the national director was on the ground. 

And yet they did not notify any child welfare agencies ahead of time. 

They knew they were rounding up workers with kids who punch a time card. They knew they were not getting gang members or people who travel from place to place and are difficult to track. They knew they were going to take moms and dads away from their children (many if not most of whom are US citizens) right before the first day of school. 

They knew they were going to leave children orphaned by conducting this raid but they never did anything at all to try and help those children. 

And if all of that doesn’t make you sick to your stomach then consider the fact that there is no immigration court in the state of Mississippi. Immigrants in detention are not entitled to lawyers. They don’t get phone calls. If they lived in any other state their family members trying to find them would know which courts to call. 

Anyone rounded up in Mississippi will likely end up in court in Louisiana or Tennessee. But there’s no way of knowing for sure. 

So again, you are taken at work. But your boss goes home and nothing happens to him. You can’t speak to or see your kids unless someone along the way possesses enough humanity to help you do so. Otherwise you have no lawyer assigned to help you, and you are not entitled to use a phone even to make a collect call. Because you’re not entitled to the same rights in the immigration court system as you are in any other court system, and your family doesn’t know where you are, or when your hearing is, chances are you’ll be deported. 

If you don’t have family in the area who will fight to keep your kids, they will become wards of the state. They will end up in foster care. And they’ll be scarred for life. All because Donald Trump chose to steal your tax dollars and mine, and use them for his re-election campaign. 

And if you still don’t care because you’re so wretched and broken that you think your ignorance of immigration law justifies your belief that people need to “get in line” despite the fact that there are 185 visa types and each one has multiple “lines” and wait times. If you don’t know or don’t care that a Mexican with a PhD cannot win a Green Card in a lottery and will wait 23 years to be reunited with his family, while a Belgian high school dropout with a juvenile criminal record can win a Green Card in a lottery and reunite with his family in 3 years. And that these are the broken immigration laws you want to enforce when you chant “build that wall” and “send them back,” then please by all means enjoy that Make America Great Again hat made in China.

You are trying too hard. 

ETA: You basically made that up out of thin air. There are 8 search results on this forum that have the words immigrant and lazy in them. None of them use the words in the context you are saying.

Change it to illegal and lazy and you get pretty much the same results.

I should have actually said "You aren't even trying". 
No, sorry, I extrapolated the argument that ILLEGALS??!!! don't pay taxes and cost honest hard working Americans too much money which is why they need to be round up and deported.  As these individuals have proved they are happy to work and pay taxes. So why do we need to get rid of them?  

BTW after I posted this I saw and interview with some of the children of the men crying for their daddy and asking why they can't come home.  Freaking heartbreaking. 

The owner of the business in Mississippi who hired all of these undocumented persons uses a social security number verification system and he is the one who supplied his own workers with the fake numbers and fake documentation they needed. The employer is guilty of perpetrating fraud and identity theft but he is not being charged with these crimes. 
If this is true, hopefully continued media coverage of these raids will lead to this owner’s arrest.  

Sadly, not unbelievable.  The WH is openly for sale. 
If thats all verified at some point (and someone should take the time to do so)...it should be on every campaign video against Trump and his cronies.

And it should be asked of Trump over and over to justify it.

But, it won’t be...for many, it will be forgotten in a month as the next awful thing he does comes to light.

If thats all verified at some point (and someone should take the time to do so)...it should be on every campaign video against Trump and his cronies.

And it should be asked of Trump over and over to justify it.

But, it won’t be...for many, it will be forgotten in a month as the next awful thing he does comes to light.
Just another reason why he should not only be tossed from office but he should be in jail.  I'm guessing this is one many aces in the hole prosecutors are waiting to pursue once he's out. 

Well I'm convinced. 

I mean if it's on facebook.. and "wildly shared "it just has to be true right?

Thank goodness we have Facebook to get us the truth 
It will be interesting to see if we learn much more about this.  I’m curious, do you think it’s possible for 680 illegal immigrants to work for a company without the company being culpable?

It will be interesting to see if we learn much more about this.  I’m curious, do you think it’s possible for 680 illegal immigrants to work for a company without the company being culpable?
At least three different companies, not one. 

But it sounds like two of these employers were pretty bad and knowingly violating lots of laws.

Some of the court docs

Well I'm convinced. 

I mean if it's on facebook.. and "wildly shared "it just has to be true right?

Thank goodness we have Facebook to get us the truth 
“Widely”, not “wildly.”  Google the guy’s name. He’s not just some guy, he’s the communication director for the United Way of California.  Formerly the public affairs coordinator for the Service Employees International Union. 

“Widely”, not “wildly.”  Google the guy’s name. He’s not just some guy, he’s the communication director for the United Way of California.  Formerly the public affairs coordinator for the Service Employees International Union. 
Trump is president of the united states. His tweets are widely shared. 

Yeah, gonna need a little more. 

Eta:his tweets are also wildly shared.

This is from Time’s article on the raids:

However, federal court documents do mention several employment problems at the plants. Federal officials say evidence from electronic monitoring bracelets showed that people who had already been arrested for immigration violations, and others who were not allowed to work in the U.S. were working at all of the Mississippi plants raided.

Documents unsealed Thursday in federal court allege that six of the seven plants were “willfully and unlawfully” employing undocumented immigrants and two of them appeared to be actively participating in fraud.

That doesnt back up what he is saying fyi. He is rolling all sorts of things into one. It was the classic facebook post that should be disregarded. Slivers of truth combined with emotional language.
I’m going one article at a time. I can wait and post them all in one post if that makes it less frustrating for you.  Read the Time quote. 

Associated Press:

Investigators allege the most brazen fraud took place at two smaller chicken processing plants — PH Food Inc. in Morton and A&B Inc. in Pelahatchie. Sworn statements identify Huo You Liang of California, known to his Mississippi employees as Victor, as the owner of both.

A PH Food employee, acting as a confidential informant, told Homeland Security investigators that the vast majority of the 240 employees at PH’s plant in Morton and the 80 employees at A&B’s plant in Pelahatchie didn’t have proper work documents.

So I guess I’m confused about which parts are unverified, but I’ll go looking for those if you’ll let me know which ones you think are wrong. 
He is rolling everything into one employer.  He says kids were orphaned. He says that the employer(singular) is not being charged. He says they did it for viral attention. He says lots of untrue or very speculative things. 

Its basically what squistion does when he reposts tweets from shaun king. 

He is rolling everything into one employer.  He says kids were orphaned. He says that the employer(singular) is not being charged. He says they did it for viral attention. He says lots of untrue or very speculative things. 

I see. So your issue is that it attributes everything to a single employer and attributes motivation to the DOJ we don’t know for sure about.

Because kids had their parents taken away.  Unless or until they are brought back, those kids are effectively orphaned. 

No employer has been charged.  

I see. So your issue is that it attributes everything to a single employer and attributes motivation to the DOJ we don’t know for sure about.

Because kids had their parents taken away.  Unless or until they are brought back, those kids are effectively orphaned. 

No employer has been charged.  
Lots more issues with the facebook post. Which owner is a major trump donor? Seems like he may be confusing with another Koch. I cant find any donations from Grendys or Liang to trump. Is he maybe using one of the other employers? 

I also cant find anything backing up the 3.8 million in wage theft either. It would seem there that he is duplicating again. Conflating the year old 3.75 million settlement for sexual harassment and discrimination. 

I honestly think this guy thought this all happened at one place. Which several posters here have thought the same thing too. 

ICE did not select this raid site randomly. This worksite had been on their radar for a year. They knew with a great deal of anticipation that this raid would happen at this time. And that’s how they were able to get 600 agents shipped in and that’s why the national director was on the ground. 
Along with several other singular references. 

Lots more issues with the facebook post. Which owner is a major trump donor? Seems like he may be confusing with another Koch. I cant find any donations from Grendys or Liang to trump. Is he maybe using one of the other employers? 

I also cant find anything backing up the 3.8 million in wage theft either. It would seem there that he is duplicating again. Conflating the year old 3.75 million settlement for sexual harassment and discrimination. 

I honestly think this guy thought this all happened at one place. Which several posters here have thought the same thing too. 

Along with several other singular references. 
I assume, perhaps wrongly, that he’s referencing the fact that the poultry industry donated millions to Trump’s super Pacs. They were one of his big donor systems, in part because large poultry companies wanted him to roll back protections for small poultry farmers, which he did.  Tyson, Sanderson, pilgrim’s Pride, Perdue, and Koch run those poultry organizations. 

Guys i am seeing on facebook that some of the workers were discovered to be illegal when people who were collecting unemployment were not eligible anymore because some of these chicken workers had stolen their identities and wages were being recorded in their names illegally. 

It is not widely shared yet so I will continue to monitor. 

I didn't like seeing these children crying for their parents either.  And I'm not interested in arguing over the current immigration situation or laws in place. 

The children do need their parents and it isn't their fault that things like this have happened.  But are we outraged because immigration is such a hot topic right now and it's going to be a huge part of the upcoming election?

For a long time, my BIL had a foster home where he and his wife housed and raised dozens of children (over the years, sometimes 6 or 7 at a time) who became foster children because one of both of their parents were arrested for drug use (marijuana), petty theft and other types of non-felony crimes.  Sometimes single moms/dads and the children had no where else to go.

But there were no news agencies with cameras rolling as they cried for their moms or dads.  These are US citizens who were separated from parents.  But no outrage.  Just tough childhoods.  

Is the crime of smoking weed or shoplifting a grocery store for food worse than or about the same as a non-citizen in the country illegally?  Parents of the kids in either scenario are/could be adversely affected.  Why are we outraged over one but not the other?

I didn't like seeing these children crying for their parents either.  And I'm not interested in arguing over the current immigration situation or laws in place. 

The children do need their parents and it isn't their fault that things like this have happened.  But are we outraged because immigration is such a hot topic right now and it's going to be a huge part of the upcoming election?

For a long time, my BIL had a foster home where he and his wife housed and raised dozens of children (over the years, sometimes 6 or 7 at a time) who became foster children because one of both of their parents were arrested for drug use (marijuana), petty theft and other types of non-felony crimes.  Sometimes single moms/dads and the children had no where else to go.

But there were no news agencies with cameras rolling as they cried for their moms or dads.  These are US citizens who were separated from parents.  But no outrage.  Just tough childhoods.  

Is the crime of smoking weed or shoplifting a grocery store for food worse than or about the same as a non-citizen in the country illegally?  Parents of the kids in either scenario are/could be adversely affected.  Why are we outraged over one but not the other?
Those are misdemeanorsand weed legal in a lot of places now. Coming into the country illegally is also a misdemeanor.  Outraged, yes, that's bull#### to have your child taken away for something so dumb. I had no idea. 

Also good on your inlaws for helping out. 

Sheriff Bart said:
Those are misdemeanorsand weed legal in a lot of places now. Coming into the country illegally is also a misdemeanor.  Outraged, yes, that's bull#### to have your child taken away for something so dumb. I had no idea. 

Also good on your inlaws for helping out. 
Thanks.  I've seen first hand how broken families due to separation can have lasting effects on children. It just seems media and politicians want to amplify immigrant children for the benefit of election results and to paint the current president in a negative light (if it's even possible to put him in a light any more negative than it already is).  Facebook/Twitter gets people all riled up when this type of thing has occurred many times over the years in our country.  That also saddens me about politics and our country.  But that is the way it is.  

Thanks.  I've seen first hand how broken families due to separation can have lasting effects on children. It just seems media and politicians want to amplify immigrant children for the benefit of election results and to paint the current president in a negative light (if it's even possible to put him in a light any more negative than it already is).  Facebook/Twitter gets people all riled up when this type of thing has occurred many times over the years in our country.  That also saddens me about politics and our country.  But that is the way it is.  
The government deliberately separating children from parents with no history of abuse or incompetence is insane and if I had to guess, unprecedented. These parents are trying to get their kids a better life. This is strictly to rile up his base, is cruel, and as we saw with the El Paso shooter, very dangerous. You have it backwards on both counts.

parasaurolophus said:

They seized documents in the raids.  Just because someone hasn’t been charged doesn’t mean they won’t be.

parasaurolophus said:
Guys i am seeing on facebook that some of the workers were discovered to be illegal when people who were collecting unemployment were not eligible anymore because some of these chicken workers had stolen their identities and wages were being recorded in their names illegally. 

It is not widely shared yet so I will continue to monitor. 
For some of the employers, that's certainly possible.  The big issue that tipped off authorities for at least two of the employers was allegedly that between them over 350 people who had been found to be undocumented by authorities had told federal agents or officials that they worked for Peco or Koch.  Since 2002.

That wasn't for the use of undocumented workers. And was commuted by Donald Trump after the guy served about a quarter of the sentence. 
James Brantley, who previously owned the Southeastern Provision meat processing plant in Bean Station, Tennessee, was also given three years of probation upon release from prison at his sentencing Wednesday. Brantley pleaded guilty last year to tax evasion, wire fraud and employing undocumented immigrants.
Pretty sure you are thinking of the guy in Iowa.

Investigators believe five poultry companies violated immigration law, search warrants say Unsealed documents detail trove of evidence, including videotaped statements by managers.

"There were clear signs that the companies were hiring people who could not legally work in the country, the search warrants allege. Some workers wore ankle monitors as they awaited deportation hearings; gave Social Security numbers belonging to the deceased, or were hired twice by the same manager even though the worker used different names on each occasion."

Why haven't any higher ups been arrested yet?

Investigators believe five poultry companies violated immigration law, search warrants say Unsealed documents detail trove of evidence, including videotaped statements by managers.

"There were clear signs that the companies were hiring people who could not legally work in the country, the search warrants allege. Some workers wore ankle monitors as they awaited deportation hearings; gave Social Security numbers belonging to the deceased, or were hired twice by the same manager even though the worker used different names on each occasion."

Why haven't any higher ups been arrested yet?
I would imagine they aren't going to arrest an owner/exec just because something happened. They want to make sure they can prove that the higher up was actually an active participant. 

That's a lot harder than arresting the person that isn't here legally. Intent is irrelevant for one crime, obviously relevant for the other.  

Users who are viewing this thread