Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Interseptopus

Jarrett Stidham - The Rodney Dangerfield of QBs

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

There is a Plan B. It’s just not clear to us. And it may not be as difficult as we are making it to be. They can sign Thuney to a long term deal. Get Gilmore to convert salary to bonus money. Ask Hightower to take a haircut. Get granted relief from Antonio Brown. If I had to guess, Plan B is to pick up Brissett when the Colts invariably release him. Plan C would be Dalton once he is released but for cheap and as a backup. 

If they do that then I am fine short-term...still would have liked to add another legit prospect as well because if Stidham is not the answer and you add one of these other guys you are still gonna need a long-term fix...on another note...if you look at their history they are all about competition...right now Stidham has absolutely no competition...that is very un-Patriotesque...if you follow that line of thinking as you note someone else is gonna be added.

Edited by Boston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Boston said:

Not sure what the question is...I am good with Stidham...I just wanted them to add another legit prospect.

I mean, I look at teams like Denver which gave the reins to Lock, who did play last year but didn't show a whole lot. He was a 2nd round pick, but no one is expecting them to bring in a legit prospect. 

I think people get hung up on Stidham's draft capital. Which I get, that does matter, but if NE over-drafted him in round 3 or even 2, I don't think people are as worried about him being Plan A and Hoyer Plan B as they are since he is a 4th round pick. 

If I were a NE fan, which I am now becoming one with Brady gone, I would trust BB since he has quite literally almost never let that fan base down. I'm actually quite surprised given the level of success NE has had with BB that there is any doubting or frustration with the QB position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every year I say the same thing. Call me in September when we know what the NE roster will be. They cycle through players and make more moves than just about everyone else from now until Opening Day. They will get a third QB from somewhere at some point. I would guess they will want Stidham to win the “competition” in training camp, which is why I doubt it will be someone that would win said competition. The same other requirements still apply. The mystery QB will have to play for dirt cheap. Must be coachable. Must be a good locker room guy. Can’t make waves or stir the pot. That rules out some notable guys right away. Since training camp will likely be limited, Brissett would likely be the best choice of being useful if needed option. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

You may be too young for the reference, but Jarrett Stidham is Tippi Hedren. Hitchcock thought actors were cattle unto his vision, all blondes are the same, cool blondes are special. Because cool blondes eventually become hot blondes they grow to be less grateful & cooperative than Hitchcock wants em to be. Grace Kelly, Kim Novak, Janet Leigh were stars he made shine, they owe me but wont pay tribute. Gotta find me a cool blonde who works for scale and will let me hack her up in a shower or have birds peck her eyes out and come back for more. Tippi Hedren - that's the ticket!

I have lots of posts to read in catch-up mode but had to simply stop to acknowledge this as the single greatest post I have ever read here. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the pats are finally gonna suck.  Its going to be great!

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

The sooner people realize BB CHOSE to go with Stidham, the sooner people can start accepting that this was not an accident, forced, or out of desperation. If BB wanted someone else at QB, there would be someone else at QB. Brady didn’t leave NE. He was shown the door. BB knew Winston, Newton, and Dalton would be available. They had the cap room to pay any of them. He CHOSE to use the money elsewhere. 

While Stidham to outsiders appears totally unproven, I am sure internally the Pats have seen plenty from him in practice. Yes, his in game experience is close to invisible and he has proven nothing. Yes, there is more risk for any team in starting someone without starting experience. Sure, he could flop. But so could a veteran in NE. And so could a 43 year old QB. 

Maybe BB will make some moves and sign  a free agent (I include Dalton here once he gets cut). But that is getting more and more unlikely. 

Either Stidham works out or at least shows promise or they can revisit the QB situation again next year. There will be options in the draft next year and free agent QBs available to choose from as well (but they should have tons of money to buy one if they so choose).

I ❤️ you, my friend. Knowing that, I say that we must amend "BB CHOSE to go with Stidham" into something more like "BB WAS KIND OF STUCK WITH THE LAST DITCH EFFORT to go with Stidham instead of any of the available options over the last 12 months, including Brady at his current cost." 

BB did his best in a short window to prepare but I don't think Stidham is any more than a Plan B, and one for which BB definitely doesn't want you to tell him the odds. It's going to be a fun year, even if it's a bad year. It may be. Pats fans get that. 

 

3 minutes ago, need2know said:

Wow the pats are finally gonna suck.  Its going to be great!

I won't lie. This makes me smile. After an unprecedented 20 year dynasty, I'll gladly accept a 'suck' fate. More importantly, since we still have the GOAT at the helm, I don't think it'll be a long-term condition. 

I remember Eason. And Grogan, who was my first Pats QB growing up. Get off my lawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The third QB in the NE QB room will be J’Mar Smith. UDFA from Louisiana Tech. 

LINK

I am not convinced that is the only guy they will bring in. BB made it sound like they considered someone else in the draft and things didn’t work out. To me, that sounds like they may have had their eye on someone and that player got gobbled up before they were willing to take him. 

But nothing that has happened the past month leads me to believe they are really looking to bring in someone INSTEAD of Stidham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So for now Stidham is his guy but it remains to be seen if he will ever be the guy.  So how long before we know if he's the guy?  What if in 2-3yrs Stid is Matt Cassel 2.0?  So BB will then have to draft and develop another QB?  My point is that it seems BB is all in on Stid and if it doesn't work out how much longer will BB even be around?  Will he still be coaching a 75?  I think BB has a 5yr to maybe 8yr window and if Stid is a swing and miss does he stay around to try again?

 

Edited by elguapo07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, elguapo07 said:

So for now Stidham is his guy but it remains to be seen if he will ever be the guy.  So how long before we know if he's the guy?  What if in 2-3yrs Stid is Matt Cassel 2.0?  So BB will then have to draft and develop another QB?  My point is that it seems BB is all in on Stid and if it doesn't work out how much longer will BB even be around?  Will he still be coaching a 75?  I think BB has a 5yr to maybe 8yr window and if Stid is a swing and miss does he stay around to try again?

 

I would guess BB would stick around to win the most games as a head coach. IIRC, he is 55 wins behind Don Shula. Stidham will likely be given a year to show something or they will look to upgrade in 2021 either through the draft or with their giant pile of salary cap money they will have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots.com writer does not view situation as an endorsement of Stidham. He theorizes that NE didn’t see anyone better than Stidham in the draft. But he cautions that that doesn’t mean they are sold on Stidham, but they just couldn’t get someone else they might like better. Essentially, the writer feels they like him the best of the available options but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are sold on him. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Patriots.com writer does not view situation as an endorsement of Stidham. He theorizes that NE didn’t see anyone better than Stidham in the draft. But he cautions that that doesn’t mean they are sold on Stidham, but they just couldn’t get someone else they might like better. Essentially, the writer feels they like him the best of the available options but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are sold on him. 

This is funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, elguapo07 said:

So for now Stidham is his guy but it remains to be seen if he will ever be the guy.  So how long before we know if he's the guy?  What if in 2-3yrs Stid is Matt Cassel 2.0?  So BB will then have to draft and develop another QB?  My point is that it seems BB is all in on Stid and if it doesn't work out how much longer will BB even be around?  Will he still be coaching a 75?  I think BB has a 5yr to maybe 8yr window and if Stid is a swing and miss does he stay around to try again?

 

Assuming he starts this year I think he will have a good idea if he is the answer going forward by the end of the year...if he is then the rebuild gets a lot easier...if he isn't they will probably have a much higher draft pick then normal and a ton of cap space to figure it out.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

JARRETT STIDHAM QB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the team failing to draft a quarterback "wasn't by design." 

The Patriots emerged from draft weekend with second-year fourth-rounder Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer still atop the depth chart. "If we feel like we find the right situation, we'll certainly draft them," Belichick said. "We've drafted them in multiple years, multiple points in the draft. Didn't work out the last three days. That wasn't by design." It's hard to believe the Pats will move forward with Stidham as Tom Brady's unquestioned replacement, though he did have a nice 2019 preseason after his disappointing final year at Auburn. The Pats clearly have some degree of comfort after passing on quarterbacks in both the draft and a deep free agent class.  

SOURCE: ESPN

Apr 26, 2020, 10:12 AM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston said:

Assuming he starts this year I think he will have a good idea if he is the answer going forward by the end of the year...if he is then the rebuild gets a lot easier...if he isn't they will probably have a much higher draft pick then normal and a ton of cap space to figure it out.

This is my sense of it, as well. It works out in a convenient way that allows Stidham a full year to show enough skill and growth to give the team a clear direction for 2021.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. NE didn't draft a QB . . . and the odds that Stidham will be their starting QB dropped some. Before the draft, he was at -190. Now he is -160. Cam Newton went from +750 before the draft to +170 now. LINK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

LOL. NE didn't draft a QB . . . and the odds that Stidham will be their starting QB dropped some. Before the draft, he was at -190. Now he is -160. Cam Newton went from +750 before the draft to +170 now. LINK

In a way that does make sense. I'm not saying it will happen - I don't even think it will - but the team not drafting some one could mean it's more likely they bring someone in. And let's face it, Cam Newton would be more of a threat to Stidham than Jake Fromm would have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

In a way that does make sense. I'm not saying it will happen - I don't even think it will - but the team not drafting some one could mean it's more likely they bring someone in. And let's face it, Cam Newton would be more of a threat to Stidham than Jake Fromm would have been.

Agreed, when you look at it from a betting angle Caserio is now on record saying they are gonna bring in a third QB and unless one of the UDFA's is what he is talking about that has not happened yet...if they had used a pick on a QB that may have given a little more clarity to what he said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

In a way that does make sense. I'm not saying it will happen - I don't even think it will - but the team not drafting some one could mean it's more likely they bring someone in. And let's face it, Cam Newton would be more of a threat to Stidham than Jake Fromm would have been.

Newton only seems to make sense because he is still on the market and there are few other places for him to go. To date, BB likes accurate pocket passers, that don't ad lib, that are coachable, that blend in and don't make waves, don't take risks with either the ball or their bodies, and can stay healthy. Newton is none of that. And as discussed ad nauseum, financially they are so far backed up against the wall that their butt cheeks are now firmly implanted into the wall. NE would have to move away from multiple players to be able to afford Newton (or anyone else at any other position).

To reset things after the draft, NE was $1-2 million under the cap (prior to signing Marqise Lee). The team salary cap total is based off of a team's Top 51 salaries. Their recent top 5 picks that NE drafted are projected to replace the 5 players currently on the bottom of the salary list. Replacing the bottom 5 contracts of the Top 51 with those 5 newly drafted players would increase the team salary cap total by approximately $1.2 million. That would leave NE with no left over money to sign anyone. They would be a few dollars away going over the salary cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Newton only seems to make sense because he is still on the market and there are few other places for him to go. To date, BB likes accurate pocket passers, that don't ad lib, that are coachable, that blend in and don't make waves, don't take risks with either the ball or their bodies, and can stay healthy. Newton is none of that. And as discussed ad nauseum, financially they are so far backed up against the wall that their butt cheeks are now firmly implanted into the wall. NE would have to move away from multiple players to be able to afford Newton (or anyone else at any other position).

To reset things after the draft, NE was $1-2 million under the cap (prior to signing Marqise Lee). The team salary cap total is based off of a team's Top 51 salaries. Their recent top 5 picks that NE drafted are projected to replace the 5 players currently on the bottom of the salary list. Replacing the bottom 5 contracts of the Top 51 with those 5 newly drafted players would increase the team salary cap total by approximately $1.2 million. That would leave NE with no left over money to sign anyone. They would be a few dollars away going over the salary cap.

You're so set on defending Stidham that you are missing the point I was making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Newton only seems to make sense because he is still on the market and there are few other places for him to go. To date, BB likes accurate pocket passers, that don't ad lib, that are coachable, that blend in and don't make waves, don't take risks with either the ball or their bodies, and can stay healthy. Newton is none of that. And as discussed ad nauseum, financially they are so far backed up against the wall that their butt cheeks are now firmly implanted into the wall. NE would have to move away from multiple players to be able to afford Newton (or anyone else at any other position).

To reset things after the draft, NE was $1-2 million under the cap (prior to signing Marqise Lee). The team salary cap total is based off of a team's Top 51 salaries. Their recent top 5 picks that NE drafted are projected to replace the 5 players currently on the bottom of the salary list. Replacing the bottom 5 contracts of the Top 51 with those 5 newly drafted players would increase the team salary cap total by approximately $1.2 million. That would leave NE with no left over money to sign anyone. They would be a few dollars away going over the salary cap.

You should put your house down on Stidham starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You should put your house down on Stidham starting.

I'm actually looking at taking these odds

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Boston said:

Agreed, when you look at it from a betting angle Caserio is now on record saying they are gonna bring in a third QB and unless one of the UDFA's is what he is talking about that has not happened yet...if they had used a pick on a QB that may have given a little more clarity to what he said.

After the draft, BB indicated that the third QB that Caserio referenced was filled by them signing an UDFA from Louisiana Tech. They also signed another UDFA QB from Michigan State. The whole comment from bill that not drafting a QB was not by design to me just means they didn't intentionally not pick a QB. To me, all that means is they had guys they were looking at and they ended up not taking one. I don't believe that means they were looking to take someone significant. They probably had some mid- to late- round guys in mind and they were either gone or they liked who they drafted better to fill another spot.

That being said, what they say, what they meant, what it all means still doesn't change the fact that they could pursue someone else (sign a free agent or make a trade). BB could have come out and said they are done looking at QBs and Stidham is their guy . . . and they still could be poking around at other QB options and looking to make a change. I don't expect they will do that, but it's BB. He can do whatever he wants, and there is always at least a chance that he makes a bold move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Newton only seems to make sense because he is still on the market and there are few other places for him to go. To date, BB likes accurate pocket passers, that don't ad lib, that are coachable, that blend in and don't make waves, don't take risks with either the ball or their bodies, and can stay healthy. Newton is none of that. And as discussed ad nauseum, financially they are so far backed up against the wall that their butt cheeks are now firmly implanted into the wall. NE would have to move away from multiple players to be able to afford Newton (or anyone else at any other position).

To reset things after the draft, NE was $1-2 million under the cap (prior to signing Marqise Lee). The team salary cap total is based off of a team's Top 51 salaries. Their recent top 5 picks that NE drafted are projected to replace the 5 players currently on the bottom of the salary list. Replacing the bottom 5 contracts of the Top 51 with those 5 newly drafted players would increase the team salary cap total by approximately $1.2 million. That would leave NE with no left over money to sign anyone. They would be a few dollars away going over the salary cap.

The bolded pretty much sums it up. I can't imagine they would want Andy Dalton either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stidham will stop being the Rodney Dangerfield of QBs in fantasy world when he has positive yearly fantasy points.

How's that? Right now, Stidham deserves nothing. He's putrid like his team's offense.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You're so set on defending Stidham that you are missing the point I was making.

He's juggling his responsibilities to the Pats' PR department and this board.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Stidham looks like a pretty good QB to me. Good balance and patience. Pretty accurate and decent wheels. 

People just don't know much about him so they are quick to dismiss him. Belichick passed on Love so either he likes Stidham more than the media or he thinks Love is overrated.

QB is really the only skill position that the Patriots have been successful in drafting/developing so there's that.

 

 

Edited by Ben & Jerry's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ben & Jerry's said:

Stidham looks like a pretty good QB to me. Good balance and patience. Pretty accurate and decent wheels. 

People just don't know much about him so they are quick to dismiss him. Belichick passed on Love so either he likes Stidham more than the media or he thinks Love is overrated.

QB is really the only skill position that the Patriots have been successful in drafting/developing so there's that.

 

 

It actually means Belichick likes Stidham more than Love as a first round pick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Futeki said:

It actually means Belichick likes Stidham more than Love as a first round pick.

this is a great point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here it is ladies and gentleman...the moment we have been waiting for...the last hurdle to the J Stiddy era beginning...gotta believe if Dalton goes elsewhere that finally puts to bed any doubt who the QB is because I just don't see Cam being a fit in New England (which probably means that will happen):

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/30/bengals-cutting-andy-dalton/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like nobody likes Stidham except the Patriots. I think he looks like a legit franchise QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston said:

Here it is ladies and gentleman...the moment we have been waiting for...the last hurdle to the J Stiddy era beginning...gotta believe if Dalton goes elsewhere that finally puts to bed any doubt who the QB is because I just don't see Cam being a fit in New England (which probably means that will happen):

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/30/bengals-cutting-andy-dalton/

Well, some reporter I never heard of (Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer) claims the Patriots and Jaguars are interested. I call shenanigans. 

LINK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, Flying Elvis said:

I remember Eason. And Grogan, who was my first Pats QB growing up. Get off my lawn.

I remember them winning an AFC Championship in Miami.

Patriots fans hate on the Grogan/Eason years too much. From 1975 to 1990 (Grogan's career), the Patriots had 11 winning seasons, 4 losing seasons, and one 8-8 season. People focus too much on the losing seasons which were truly disasters.

The four losing seasons were Grogan's 1st ('75), 7th ('81, always injured), 15th, and 16th (''89 and '90, the last two before retirement).

Take out those seasons at the beginning and end of Grogan's career and the injured season and the Patriots were 111-79 (.617) over 12 seasons. That's nearly an average of 10 wins per 16-game season.

The were lower on division titles (2) and playoff appearances (5) than you might expect. But, that's why I hate that era's Miami Dolphins so much. Also, there's some hate for bad roughing-the-passer calls, a little respect-hate for Earl Campbell, and loathing of the Super Bowl Shuffle.

 

This is the Jarrett Stidham thread. So, uhhhh.....give him a shot. We'll have plenty of cap space in 2021.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Reiss was on ESPN this morning and reflected that so far he has not seen or heard anything to illustrate that NE had shown any interest in Dalton. I would trust his opinion over reporters in other cities or national media talking heads. He did suggest that NE might at least perform some due diligence and maybe have some internal discussions, but he mentioned they usually do that for all players that end up on the open market. He definitely made it sound like the Pats are looking forward to giving Stidham a shot. He said that's the picture as things stand now and that could change in the future, but he didn't think the Pats would be going after Dalton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How NE Was Able To Evaluate Stidham

The Pats had 20 weeks of practice and tape of Stidham to look at. They put together a development program for him that included holding a second practice for Stidham after the main practice with Brady.

Agreed, it doesn't prove Stidham will be the starter or how well he will do in live game situations, but he wasn't just sitting around holding a clipboard and getting Brady's dry cleaning from the cleaners all day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston to NOS. Dalton to DAL. Now people will say NE just HAS to sign Newton now. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, Anarchy99 said:

How NE Was Able To Evaluate Stidham

The Pats had 20 weeks of practice and tape of Stidham to look at. They put together a development program for him that included holding a second practice for Stidham after the main practice with Brady.

Agreed, it doesn't prove Stidham will be the starter or how well he will do in live game situations, but he wasn't just sitting around holding a clipboard and getting Brady's dry cleaning from the cleaners all day.

You seem to be driving the Stidham bandwagon.  As far as Dalton goes I'd say at his best he was a better than average to a good game manager.  30K yds 200 tds 62% comp% +.500 record 4straight yrs making playoffs. Simple question,  do you think Stid will have a better career than Dalton?  

Edited by elguapo07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elguapo07 said:

You seem to be driving the Stidham bandwagon.  As far as Dalton goes I'd say at his best he was a better than average to good game manager.  30K yds 200 tds 62% comp% +.500 record 4straight yrs making playoffs. Simple question,  do you think Stid will have a better career than Dalton?  

100% yes

 

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dalton's had a good career compared to most professional quarterbacks. To even be average is to be above average given the attrition at the position. It's a paradox, roll with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Winston to NOS. Dalton to DAL. Now people will say NE just HAS to sign Newton now. 

Nope, I’ve come around to your thinking. ‘Ham to Harry going to look good! I also think this could be Sony michels year to shine. Not too bullish, but I think it sets up well for him to be leaned on a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss confirms Jarrett Stidham is the "leading candidate" to be the Patriots' starting quarterback this season. 

The Patriots continue to pass on all other options, the latest being Andy Dalton, who signed a bargain-basement deal to back up Dak Prescott. Cam Newton remains on the market, but he has not been seriously connected to Bill Belichick's squad. Stidham is just the Pats' third-highest drafted quarterback since 2014 but something he did as a rookie clearly earned Belichick's trust. Three months shy of his 24th birthday, Stidham is an unknown commodity after he had a strong 2017 at Auburn followed by a down 2018. 

SOURCE: ESPN

May 3, 2020, 10:05 AM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. BD said:

100% yes

 

Was it his unspectacular college career or the one year of tutelage in Pats offense that brings you to such conviction that Stid will have a long and successful career?  Those in the pro Stid crowd who you think Stid compares favorably to?  Cousins? Ryan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with the Pats plan is that the defense is too good and they'll win 6 or 7 games even with Stidham starting.  No way that's bad enough to put them in the running for Lawrence or Fields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

The problem with the Pats plan is that the defense is too good and they'll win 6 or 7 games even with Stidham starting.  No way that's bad enough to put them in the running for Lawrence or Fields.

The thing is it appears the plan is Stidham...this does not appear to be winging it, if it was I think they would have added another legit prospect in the draft or via trade...that being said I expect the D to take a decent step backwards this year, at least for the first half of the year...they lost a sneaky amount from that D and if injuries hit someone like Hightower or McCourty they could be in big trouble...Van Noys, Collins, Shelton, Roberts and Harmon were all contributors and while additions were made in the draft none are of the legit blue chip category...overall I do expect this team to be in the middle of the pack due to BB's coaching unless Stidham is a disaster or gets injured...if that happens all bets are off...if Hoyer is the QB they are in big trouble regardless of how good the D is...I keep hearing they are gonna run the ball more...does anyone think using Sony Michel more is the answer?  If that is to happen then the hope is Damien Harris was simply doing a red-shirt year and will be able to play like the player he was at Alabama...the Pats have hitched their wagon to Stidham and it is going to be fascinating to watch this unfold.

Edited by Boston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

The problem with the Pats plan is that the defense is too good and they'll win 6 or 7 games even with Stidham starting.  No way that's bad enough to put them in the running for Lawrence or Fields.

Their plan is to win. I don’t quite understand why this is so complicated. 

Edited by Anarchy99
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, elguapo07 said:

Was it his unspectacular college career or the one year of tutelage in Pats offense that brings you to such conviction that Stid will have a long and successful career?  Those in the pro Stid crowd who you think Stid compares favorably to?  Cousins? Ryan?

I make no predictions on how well Stidham will do. But he impressed BB enough to forgo Brady, college options, and free agent QBs. What any of us think is 100% irrelevant. NE has been said that they like Stidham more than they like Jimmy G. What Stidham did in college or in a few snaps against the Jets is irrelevant. I don’t think I am going out on a limb that I trust a coach of 45 years over the options of anyone else. BB is the only opinion that matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.