What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jarrett Stidham, DEN (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I’m a little confused. People believe that a guy who’s never taken an NFL snap, who was 3rd string last year was magically the locked-in starter for the New England Patriots, and act surprised that people assume a former MVP that the Pats brought in is assumed to be the starter despite having taken a team to the super bowl, having been a proven leader of men, and having the experience that BB so consistently has shown a preference for. 

see how that goes both ways? 

The framing that anyone has to “beat out Stidham” seems ridiculous to me, especially considering he’s never been named the starter.  That was assumed by many but never stated by team nor coach. 

Vegas has the odds of Newton starting at -400, so if you’re that confident in your assertions, BET THE HOUSE! 

You also left out that Newton didn’t want to be a backup, and reportedly held out until after the draft & a rash of signings for a shot at a starting job, which reportedly he’s in line for in NE. 

but again - Vegas has your boy at +300 so you bout to be rich!  💰  :pickle:
Damn... can I use the @10 deposit I did in Draft Kings on that? I'm not likely to use it otherwise so why not take the long shot.

I agree they'd probably love to see what Stidham has without any interference, but then if they really wanted that, they wouldn't have signed somebody like Newton.   
Completely agree.  

heres a question no ones asking: what if Hoyer beats out Stidham for the backup gig?
:whistle:

Completely agree.  

heres a question no ones asking: what if Hoyer beats out Stidham for the backup gig?
:whistle:
He didn't last year, so why would Hoyer OUT of the system for a year suddenly be a better option than Stidham IN the system for a year? I have heard several people saying that Cam will take Hoyer's spot (and salary) and that's the only thing that changed (meaning Stidham would be the starter whether Cam was there or not). I personally don't buy that Stidham is the de facto starter with Cam being relegated to being the back up. It might evolve into that, but I think there will be a camp battle.

He didn't last year, so why would Hoyer OUT of the system for a year suddenly be a better option than Stidham IN the system for a year? I have heard several people saying that Cam will take Hoyer's spot (and salary) and that's the only thing that changed (meaning Stidham would be the starter whether Cam was there or not). I personally don't buy that Stidham is the de facto starter with Cam being relegated to being the back up. It might evolve into that, but I think there will be a camp battle.
Who knows. Players develop. Players regress. Maybe Stidham comes in shaky. Maybe his teammates hate him. Who knows. 

Who knows. Players develop. Players regress. Maybe Stidham comes in shaky. Maybe his teammates hate him. Who knows. 
There is no conceivable reason to keep a journeyman 35 year old QB with a career 16-22 record over a guy that is 24 that earned rave reviews from coaches and teammates in the one season he has been there. None. If that is the case, then everything about Stidham would have been an out and out lie and a conspiracy that included coaches, players, and the media over the course of over a year. On top of that, it would also mean that BB had absolutely no plan at QB after Brady, and I just can't believe that Bill would have no plan whatsoever.

There is no conceivable reason to keep a journeyman 35 year old QB with a career 16-22 record over a guy that is 24 that earned rave reviews from coaches and teammates in the one season he has been there. None. If that is the case, then everything about Stidham would have been an out and out lie and a conspiracy that included coaches, players, and the media over the course of over a year. On top of that, it would also mean that BB had absolutely no plan at QB after Brady, and I just can't believe that Bill would have no plan whatsoever.
Fair enough. Once they brought in Cam, I think it’s also fair to ask all the questions about Stidham. 

His plan evidently was Cam. 

Fair enough. Once they brought in Cam, I think it’s also fair to ask all the questions about Stidham. 
Also, if they had so little faith in Stidham, they would have made a much greater effort to draft someone or sign someone at the start of free agency. Suppose another team (JAX) had signed Cam . . . then there wouldn't be another potential starting option on the market. No one is practicing now, meaning that Stidham couldn't have been playing so poorly in practice that they felt the need to bring in someone else. And we all know that BB is no dummy . . . if he was really concerned about what he had, he would have signed someone months and months ago.

His plan evidently was Cam. 
We'll have to wait and see. IMO, if BB was serious about bringing in someone else to groom as a starter, he would have done it pretty quickly to give that guy as much time as possible to get up to speed with the team, the offense, the playbook, etc.

We'll have to wait and see. IMO, if BB was serious about bringing in someone else to groom as a starter, he would have done it pretty quickly to give that guy as much time as possible to get up to speed with the team, the offense, the playbook, etc.
Didn’t have the money. Waited for cheap. Otherwise he misses out and goes with Stidham. Looks like Stidham was plan b.

Didn’t have the money. Waited for cheap. Otherwise he misses out and goes with Stidham. Looks like Stidham was plan b.
Don't believe the hype. They had the money. They opted to use it on other players (and one certainly could argue that they made poor decisions in how they invested the money). We don't know what we don't know. But many people are make lots of assumptions that Cam is the 2015 Cam and is fully healthy. No one knows if that is remotely close to the case.

Personally, I don't think it matters who the NE quarterback is this year. They are an 8-8 team on paper that could probably squeeze out 9 or 10 wins based on BB. Yet suddenly in two days people think they could compete with BAL or KC. All the other issues they had are still there.

. . if he was really concerned about what he had, he would have signed someone months and months ago.
Except if BB had his druthers JimmyG would be the starter RN & we wouldn’t be talking about Stidham at all, right? 

I don’t see why not...Finna bet on ping pong on ESPN8 “the ocho” pretty soon if we don’t get real sports back soon. :doh:  
The bad news is I can't do so from my home state of RI. The good news is I can from NH where I will be for the first week of August. I wonder how much we'll actually see in July for camp battles? 

Don't believe the hype. They had the money. They opted to use it on other players (and one certainly could argue that they made poor decisions in how they invested the money). We don't know what we don't know. But many people are make lots of assumptions that Cam is the 2015 Cam and is fully healthy. No one knows if that is remotely close to the case.

Personally, I don't think it matters who the NE quarterback is this year. They are an 8-8 team on paper that could probably squeeze out 9 or 10 wins based on BB. Yet suddenly in two days people think they could compete with BAL or KC. All the other issues they had are still there.
Oh I agree. I still think the Bills are comfortably better in their own division. I would say in the AFC Chiefs (no bias), Ravens, Bills, Titans, Colts and Broncos are better on paper. Possibly the Steelers or Raiders too depending on a few question marks. I think they BB can push them over a couple of these teams, but contenders they are not--or should not be.

With Stidham though they have a legitimate case to be worse than the Jets and Dolphins and fight for a top 5 pick. I really think you are overestimating the "difficulty" of beating him out for Cam

Oh I agree. I still think the Bills are comfortably better in their own division. I would say in the AFC Chiefs (no bias), Ravens, Bills, Titans, Colts and Broncos are better on paper. Possibly the Steelers or Raiders too depending on a few question marks. I think they BB can push them over a couple of these teams, but contenders they are not--or should not be.

With Stidham though they have a legitimate case to be worse than the Jets and Dolphins and fight for a top 5 pick. I really think you are overestimating the "difficulty" of beating him out for Cam
Let me better try to better illustrate what I am thinking . . .

A fully healthy Cam, with a full offseason to learn the playbook and system, and a full offseason and training camp of practices would be 95%+ likely to be better than Stidham. However, each one of those are complete unknowns. Additionally, if Newton really were fully healthy, he would not have been available on the free market essentially until July 1st. Sure, the assertion was that no team would consider him without a physical, but Cam could have gone to an independent doctor for a physical and sent all his medical files to a potential new team. A suitor could also have signed him pending completion of a physical at a later date (which obviously didn't happen). I don't think anyone really knows how healthy is, but Cam has taken a ton of ugly hits, sacks, late hits, etc. and has injured two key parts of his body (his foot and shoulder). So yeah, I agree that if the 2015 version of Cam Newton shows up, that would be a coup for the ages if that's what NE got out of him.

I also tend to agree with PFF that Cam may not be a good fit with NE. To summarize, NE has excelled at what Cam does worst (short passes and timing routes) and what Cam does best (deeper throws) the Patriots don't have good receiving options for. Similarly, with Cam not exactly being the most accurate passer, the fact that NE receivers can't gain much separation will be an even bigger problem than last year (and he also turns the ball over too much). I also think that NE would try to limit how much Cam ad libs and tucks the ball and runs (to keep him as healthy as possible). But that sort of takes the sizzle out of Cam's game.

So unless BB thinks Newton pushes them back into true SB contender status, I can't thread the pieces together to make this make sense. I know we have to worry about the 2020 season before the 2021 season, but if Cam starts and then leaves after only one season, the Pats are worse off than they are now in their search for a QB. I know people are knocking Stidham for being a 4th round pick, but there are a number of players that have fallen in the draft that turned into decent starters. Not saying that Stidham is destined for greatness, but until he plays no one will know much of anything.

The Cam Newton signing could be a long term positive for Stidham 

Prior to Cam Newton, people said the Pats could play Stidham and if he sucks then they are drafting a top QB, and if he’s great then they have their QB

Its very possible they like Stidham, but they realize he is not ready yet. They have a win now window with their defense, and Stidham may not be ready there yet.

Cam Newton likely adds more wins to the Pats, which puts them likely out of the running for a top QB next year. Their options may be to sign Cam long term (very possible if he has a great season) or roll with Stidham next year. 

I would hold him if I owned him anywhere (I don’t), and see how this shakes out. There is a possibility Cam isn’t even on the roster to start the season. I wouldn’t bet on that but there is a decent chance considering the contract

The Cam Newton signing could be a long term positive for Stidham 

Prior to Cam Newton, people said the Pats could play Stidham and if he sucks then they are drafting a top QB, and if he’s great then they have their QB

Its very possible they like Stidham, but they realize he is not ready yet. They have a win now window with their defense, and Stidham may not be ready there yet.

Cam Newton likely adds more wins to the Pats, which puts them likely out of the running for a top QB next year. Their options may be to sign Cam long term (very possible if he has a great season) or roll with Stidham next year. 

I would hold him if I owned him anywhere (I don’t), and see how this shakes out. There is a possibility Cam isn’t even on the roster to start the season. I wouldn’t bet on that but there is a decent chance considering the contract
Great post. I think this is great for Stidham. He gets another year to develop because as you say Newton is the starter. 

Great post. I think this is great for Stidham. He gets another year to develop because as you say Newton is the starter. 
And then next year the Pats have a ton of cap to retool the team to fit Stidham if he’s ready, or to sign Cam if he still has it.

I don’t understand the hate on this guy. Just because he was a 4th round pick. I get that those picks don’t pan out very often, but Stidham is intriguing and seems very different from fellow 4th round prospects like Eason

And then next year the Pats have a ton of cap to retool the team to fit Stidham if he’s ready, or to sign Cam if he still has it.

I don’t understand the hate on this guy. Just because he was a 4th round pick. I get that those picks don’t pan out very often, but Stidham is intriguing and seems very different from fellow 4th round prospects like Eason
He's different in that he was picked by the Patriots so people are intrigued...that's it

The Patriots have hit on one QB (hit being a franchise caliber QB) since Brady and he was selected 70 picks ahead of where Stidham was, unless you wanna count Brissett as a franchise QB.

As someone who hates the Patriots though I really hope they give him the keys--preferrably a long leash too.

Let them enjoy the Brodie Coyle/Tyler Thigpen/Matt Cassell experiments my Chiefs went through for years

Last edited by a moderator:
He's different in that he was picked by the Patriots so people are intrigued...that's it

The Patriots have hit on one QB (hit being a franchise caliber QB) since Brady and he was selected 70 picks ahead of where Stidham was, unless you wanna count Brissett as a franchise QB.

As someone who hates the Patriots though I really hope they give him the keys--preferrably a long leash too.

Let them enjoy the Brodie Coyle/Tyler Thigpen/Matt Cassell experiments my Chiefs went through for years
I’ve always been intrigued by his 2017 season. I don’t care where he was drafted, had he just repeated his 2017 he would have been a 1st round pick rather easily. There was a lot of buzz after that season. 

You see these low cost prospects getting some moderate hype all the time. 2 seasons ago it was Swag Kelly. Previously it was Dak Prescott. Some pan out, some don’t. When they’re basically free, it’s worth a shot when the payoff can be so big if they hit

Edit: guys posting “this will be fun to look back in x years” or to make fun of how many pages a thread is on a guy really takes away from forums like these. Isn’t the point of posting some obscure low probability player the point of frequenting these forums? By gloating about how fun it will be to laugh at anyone who might suggest a low cost player could be a big hit, or to make fun of how many pages a thread is discussing a players potential is just a complete **** move. Why click on a thread and take time to post if you’re just trying to put someone down for talking about an obscure player you obviously don’t care about? 
What if Preston Williams was a miss? Would that thread be fun? What if that OP never posted about him because some ### hat goes from thread to thread pointing out when everyone is wrong and gloating about it, or didn’t post the thread to avoid a well known snarky poster who takes pleasure in being snarky? Real top notch group of people here... :rolleyes:

I’ve always been intrigued by his 2017 season. I don’t care where he was drafted, had he just repeated his 2017 he would have been a 1st round pick rather easily. There was a lot of buzz after that season. 

You see these low cost prospects getting some moderate hype all the time. 2 seasons ago it was Swag Kelly. Previously it was Dak Prescott. Some pan out, some don’t. When they’re basically free, it’s worth a shot when the payoff can be so big if they hit

Edit: guys posting “this will be fun to look back in x years” or to make fun of how many pages a thread is on a guy really takes away from forums like these. Isn’t the point of posting some obscure low probability player the point of frequenting these forums? By gloating about how fun it will be to laugh at anyone who might suggest a low cost player could be a big hit, or to make fun of how many pages a thread is discussing a players potential is just a complete **** move. Why click on a thread and take time to post if you’re just trying to put someone down for talking about an obscure player you obviously don’t care about? 
What if Preston Williams was a miss? Would that thread be fun? What if that OP never posted about him because some ### hat goes from thread to thread pointing out when everyone is wrong and gloating about it, or didn’t post the thread to avoid a well known snarky poster who takes pleasure in being snarky? Real top notch group of people here... :rolleyes:
I disagree but I appreciate that you gave some reasoning

I disagree I appreciate that you gave some reasoning
You disagree that he was a 1st round talent prior to 2017?  Or that he is a worthy flier in deep leagues considering his price? 
I understand you don’t think much of him as an NFL QB and that’s fair. He hasn’t shown anything yet, and the odds are in your favor anyways considering the bust rates. 

You disagree that he was a 1st round talent prior to 2017?  Or that he is a worthy flier in deep leagues considering his price? 
I understand you don’t think much of him as an NFL QB and that’s fair. He hasn’t shown anything yet, and the odds are in your favor anyways considering the bust rates. 
His 2017 was good I agree—more 2nd round than 1st round to me but who knows? I just don’t think he has much going for him right now though

Not an elite arm or particularly good at anything. Poor throw velocity/arm strength, not so great athleticism/rushing upside. Not all that prolific at Auburn (his 2017 was very efficient but not necessarily high volume), and as of now I don’t like the Patriots skill position groups at all for immediate success (Dak had Zeke, good Dez, decent slot guy Beasley and not totally washed Witten when he stepped in and younger, better OL—though the Pats is pretty good)

In a flier I generally like to see some tantalizing quality

In 14 Team SF or something like that I suppose he is worth a gamble but otherwise I don’t love his long term prospects

His 2017 was good I agree—more 2nd round than 1st round to me but who knows? I just don’t think he has much going for him right now though

Not an elite arm or particularly good at anything. Poor throw velocity/arm strength, not so great athleticism/rushing upside. Not all that prolific at Auburn (his 2017 was very efficient but not necessarily high volume), and as of now I don’t like the Patriots skill position groups at all for immediate success (Dak had Zeke, good Dez, decent slot guy Beasley and not totally washed Witten when he stepped in and younger, better OL—though the Pats is pretty good)

In a flier I generally like to see some tantalizing quality

In 14 Team SF or something like that I suppose he is worth a gamble but otherwise I don’t love his long term prospects
This draft profile describes him as mobile QB with adequate arm strength. He ran a 4.81 40 yd dash which is above avg for QBs. You sure you aren’t being harsh? https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jarrett-stidham/32195354-4912-9837-7193-9c8d8376b821

You ok chief?

This draft profile describes him as mobile QB with adequate arm strength. He ran a 4.81 40 yd dash which is above avg for QBs. You sure you aren’t being harsh? https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jarrett-stidham/32195354-4912-9837-7193-9c8d8376b821
Maybe on mobility I was harsh; he can definitely scramble/buy time but I still don't see much rushing upside

But arm strength...I don't see it.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jarrett-stidham/

His throw velocity was pretty low and I don't remember him as a big depth of target/guy who took a lot of downfield shots in college

Maybe on mobility I was harsh; he can definitely scramble/buy time but I still don't see much rushing upside

But arm strength...I don't see it.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jarrett-stidham/

His throw velocity was pretty low and I don't remember him as a big depth of target/guy who took a lot of downfield shots in college
Here is another profile. This describes his arm strength as strong enough. But has a lot of other things as weakness. For example they mention he make poor decisions under pressure. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jarrett-stidham

Here is another profile. This describes his arm strength as strong enough. But has a lot of other things as weakness. For example they mention he make poor decisions under pressure. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jarrett-stidham
As the decades have gone on I’ve come to the conclusion that most every QB makes poor decisions under pressure. 

that’s one of those scooting tidbits I've long felt was “padding” to a player profile. You can say it about anyone & find video to support it. 

He essentially only played in preseason, here are his highlights. I see decent mobility and throws. Of coarse these are highlights so we can’t see his bad plays. https://youtu.be/QOc56GGO2PA
He sure looks an awful lot like Colt McCoy to me.  Popgun arm, tiny hands, average athleticism (maybe a hair above average, like 5.5 on a scale of 10), similar size and player profile measurements, but also on film they just look really similar, right on down to the delivery. 

Obviously the most important part of the position is between the ears and its impossible to judge him on that right now.  

If Cam can't "beat this guy out", he'll probably be heading right on out of the league. 

"How does Jarrett see this?" Malzahn muses. "This is what he's been wanting. He's been looking forward to the moment. It's really not any deeper than that. If you'd given Jarrett a choice in the matter, I bet he would have picked New England and hoped to follow Tom Brady."

What moment?  Carrying a clipboard for Newton?  He's already on the waiver wire in most leagues, and for good reason.  I'm not saying he doesn't have a future, but it won't be in 2020.

"How does Jarrett see this?" Malzahn muses. "This is what he's been wanting. He's been looking forward to the moment. It's really not any deeper than that. If you'd given Jarrett a choice in the matter, I bet he would have picked New England and hoped to follow Tom Brady."

What moment?  Carrying a clipboard for Newton?  He's already on the waiver wire in most leagues, and for good reason.  I'm not saying he doesn't have a future, but it won't be in 2020.
People can choose to believe them or not, but there are still multiple folks close to the team or who cover the team that insist that there is a legit QB battle to see who earns the right to start. There are even some who are standing firm that Stidham will start Week 1 and Cam will have to beat him out as net he season progresses. At least that’s where we are now. Call me in a month for an update. 

BB was interviewed the other day and had a long answer that there will be a camp battle, nothing is decided, and that they will figure it out based on how people play. He did mention that the plan moving forward is for the QBs to split first team reps when they can finally get to live practices.

Now, the well-duh-Cam-is-the-starter camp of course is saying that is no more than coach speak and Cam is the man. The pro-Stidham camp is saying that if Cam really was going to be the starter, they would cherish every snap he could get working with the offense and give him every rep with the first team. So they use that as EXHIBIT A as Stidham still being in the mix.

Like I said, we will know way more than we do now in a few weeks.

Do you really believe he thinks it's a competition?  Of course he will say that however.   I suppose anything is possible, but if Stidham starts they might as well cut Newton.
If Cam doesn’t start it’s because there’s something physically wrong with Cam. In which case I agree, they should release him. 

i don’t believe this is a competition, but I believe Stidham believes it’s a competition, which ya gotta love. Scrappy dude, good attitude. Maybe he’ll go all Tonya Harding & Gillooli Newton. :shrug:  

If Cam doesn’t start it’s because there’s something physically wrong with Cam. In which case I agree, they should release him. 

i don’t believe this is a competition, but I believe Stidham believes it’s a competition, which ya gotta love. Scrappy dude, good attitude. Maybe he’ll go all Tonya Harding & Gillooli Newton. :shrug:  
Kerrigan wasn't likable either.

Do you really believe he thinks it's a competition?  Of course he will say that however.   I suppose anything is possible, but if Stidham starts they might as well cut Newton.
This situation has been discussed ad nauseum on local sports talk with all sorts of possible outcomes and permutations. One scenario was that BB would start JS in Week 1 just based on some of Cam's posts and comments that he was replacing TB12 and following in his footsteps. BB did not take kindly to that and had a press conference once again announcing that no decision had been made and things would be decided on the practice field. He even got testy with some of the media saying that no matter what they had heard, no decision had been made yet. Again, people can choose to decide on their own  that Cam is the starter and/or to believe or not to believe BB.

Other hot takes were that Cam might be rusty or not 100% healthy and JS would start early on. Some folks in town are still sticking to JS is the starter and Cam is the one that will have to unseat Stidham. But with no padded practices currently, there really isn't a whole lot to go on yet. A healthy Cam that has a grasp of whatever playbook they will be running should be the starter. But who knows if that is the case.

For all the inflated talk that NE signed a former MVP that had a 15-1 season and took a team to the SB, no one ever brings up that Carolina essentially would rather have Teddy Bridgewater as their starter than Newton. Is Bridgewater really that more experienced and talented than Stidham? His track record is a lot closer to Stidham than to Newton. So to me it would not be all that crazy if NE tried Stidham at QB. But all along I have felt that Cam circa 2020 is not Cam circa 2015. We'll find out soon though . . .

This situation has been discussed ad nauseum on local sports talk with all sorts of possible outcomes and permutations. One scenario was that BB would start JS in Week 1 just based on some of Cam's posts and comments that he was replacing TB12 and following in his footsteps. BB did not take kindly to that and had a press conference once again announcing that no decision had been made and things would be decided on the practice field. He even got testy with some of the media saying that no matter what they had heard, no decision had been made yet. Again, people can choose to decide on their own  that Cam is the starter and/or to believe or not to believe BB.

Other hot takes were that Cam might be rusty or not 100% healthy and JS would start early on. Some folks in town are still sticking to JS is the starter and Cam is the one that will have to unseat Stidham. But with no padded practices currently, there really isn't a whole lot to go on yet. A healthy Cam that has a grasp of whatever playbook they will be running should be the starter. But who knows if that is the case.

For all the inflated talk that NE signed a former MVP that had a 15-1 season and took a team to the SB, no one ever brings up that Carolina essentially would rather have Teddy Bridgewater as their starter than Newton. Is Bridgewater really that more experienced and talented than Stidham? His track record is a lot closer to Stidham than to Newton. So to me it would not be all that crazy if NE tried Stidham at QB. But all along I have felt that Cam circa 2020 is not Cam circa 2015. We'll find out soon though . . .
No Cam starter means no Cam on the roster.  He would bellyache and cry like a baby if he isn't the starter. 

Every time I hear narratives about Bill Belichick and how X player said something that rubbed him the wrong way, so Y scenario is likely, I just remind myself that BB is a soulless robot who will do exactly what’s needed to win football games, every single time a decision is necessary.

So all those anecdotes acknowledged, if BB believes Cam Newton can win football games, Cam Newton can go on WEEI or The Sports Hub & say BB’s wife & kids are ugly & Tom Brady sucks, and BB will 

1. say “no decision had been made and things would be decided on the practice field.” 

and

2. start whomever he believes will help the New England Patriots win football games.

Everything else is white noise & media narratives trying to make a story. 

Every time I hear narratives about Bill Belichick and how X player said something that rubbed him the wrong way, so Y scenario is likely, I just remind myself that BB is a soulless robot who will do exactly what’s needed to win football games, every single time a decision is necessary.

So all those anecdotes acknowledged, if BB believes Cam Newton can win football games, Cam Newton can go on WEEI or The Sports Hub & say BB’s wife & kids are ugly & Tom Brady sucks, and BB will 

1. say “no decision had been made and things would be decided on the practice field.” 

and

2. start whomever he believes will help the New England Patriots win football games.

Everything else is white noise & media narratives trying to make a story. 
The bolded is and always will be the case.

Is there a greater than zero chance that Stidham starts over Newton? Yup, but I only see it happening in 2 scenarios, one where Newton just can't get comfortable with the playbook (i doubt this since i think they will scheme a lot for him, but many accomplished vets have come here and been unable to grasp the playbook). Two Stidham just plays so well and Newton doesn't that they go with him (Stidham), probably even unlikelier than # one.

Newton is overwhelming favorite to start imho. 

Users who are viewing this thread