What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Too much for Tyler Boyd? Dynasty. (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
I’ll preface this by saying I’m super high on Boyd, especially in Dynasty. 

Im not as high on the Bengals in general but I think Boyd is a developing top WR, with present day & future value regardless of the Bengals QBs.

No salary cap league, start 1 QB 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 superflex

I’ve been offered Boyd, 2x 2020 3rd rounders, and a 2020 4th rounder for my 2020 1st & 2nd picks.

it feels like a lot. 

The Boyd owner is also high on Boyd, and not that deep at WR, but he loves draft picks. 

Alternatively he’s offered Boyd + Stills + 1 2020 3rd & a 2020 4th

Would I be crazy to make either of these deals? I currently have a very thin roster (15/28 players)  as I shot my wad early in the auction draft on Mahomes/Kamara/Hopkins. Adding 2 WRs would be huge for 2019 depth, and beyond. 

Please let me know your thoughts & leave a link. I’ll be glad to chime in on your dilemma. 🍻

I do like the idea of Mahomes/Kamara/Nuk/Tyler...  that alone powers you for a while.  But it does seem like a lot to give....  I assume they will likely be later 1st and 2nd rounders, so I think I might still do it.  I'm not interested in Stills.

Thanks for getting mine.

I do like the idea of Mahomes/Kamara/Nuk/Tyler...  that alone powers you for a while.  But it does seem like a lot to give....  I assume they will likely be later 1st and 2nd rounders, so I think I might still do it.  I'm not interested in Stills.

Thanks for getting mine.
So you’d go for the 1st option where I get the 2x 3rds and not the Boyd/Stills? 

My roster is pretty thin so I’m tempted to get stills too just for a warm body on my roster. lol

I dont think the picks are a terrible idea if you're that high on Boyd. Way i see it, you value Boyd as a Top WR over the next few years, where as draft picks arent guarenteed to produce top talent. You're taking a player you feel will return high numbers, and anytime you can get that one your roster is better than the picks IMO. 

I dont think the picks are a terrible idea if you're that high on Boyd. Way i see it, you value Boyd as a Top WR over the next few years, where as draft picks arent guarenteed to produce top talent. You're taking a player you feel will return high numbers, and anytime you can get that one your roster is better than the picks IMO. 
 in the end, that was exactly my approach. I ended up trading for him and got a couple of later pics back in addition to the player that I wanted. In order for this to be considered unsuccessful, Boyd Hass to underproduce my expectations, and a player of equal or better caliber would have to be there in the draft and I would have to hit on that player. 

In the short term, I believe my return is that of a WR2 With upside for more, which absolutely helps my team for this year & beyond. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread