What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper - Thielen to get Godwin/MVS, will reply (1 Viewer)

toppshelff

Footballguy
In a nutshell, 

I give Thielen

I get Chris Godwin and Marques Valdez-Scantling

It is a keeper league, where you lose 2 rounds each year you keep somebody.  Thielen would be a 14th this year.  Godwin a 11th and MVS an 18th.  He'd probably throw in an 8th round pick, as well.  All of that probably about balances out.  

I like that Godwin and MVS are young and both have potential.  Thielen is 28, and I just didn't like how he was used after coaching change last season.  Thoughts?

Happy to help you in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thielen's downturn in the 2nd half was mainly the cause of poor offensive line play to where cousins did not have time for plays to develop.  I have no doubt he will be a low end wr1 this season if the vikes line stays healthy.

I don't like the deal and would rather have Thielen.  To put it in perspective I traded Thielen last night for Roquan Smith and pick 1.06 in this years rookie draft.  I also was able to dump salary that will help be able to acquire a guy like Hopkins in our auction.  I hated making the deal but i needed LB help and had no 1st round pick.  

I just think you need an impact player to give up Thielen and you aren't getting that in this deal.

I would make this trade. Thielen's numbers this year will be similar as to the end of season last year. The Head Coach and new OC in Minn. love to run the ball. Godwin will be your impact player this year, he's going to breakout big time this season. MVS with Rodgers throwing the ball will be a very good WR2/WR3 and you also get an 8th RD pick to go with these 2. I like Thielen but this is a no brainer for me.

Make the trade.

this is definitely a fair trade as well as a tough one at that. Typically I'd like the "best player" in the deal; and that appears to be Thielen. That being said, in a keeper format, it's not out of the realm for either Godwin/ MVS to end up with better stats to end the season (and then beyond). 

I'm leaning toward making this trade mainly based on the close enough valuation of Godwin & MVS to Thielen right now + the fact that MVS is an 18th rounder + the relative youth  you'd be getting vs. Thielen. 

Again, close one, but for me, I'd pull the trigger...especially if he'll throw in an extra pick

Take a look at mine:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/778335-keeper-help-will-help-with-yours/

Thanks all.  I took the deal.  Convinced him to include an 8th, and upgrade my 3rd, 13th, 15th and 17th round picks by 6 spots.  I threw in a 2020 15th.  

Thanks all.  I took the deal.  Convinced him to include an 8th, and upgrade my 3rd, 13th, 15th and 17th round picks by 6 spots.  I threw in a 2020 15th.  
Great deal. How did you get him to upgrade your 3rd, 13th, 15th and 17th round picks by 6 spots? 

Did you and him flip flop positions in the draft?

Users who are viewing this thread