What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D Williams or J Jacobs - Will Answer Yours (1 Viewer)

poopdawg

Footballguy
In a 4 or 5 keeper league and have the first overall pick.  Currently kept Henry, Mack, Schuster, and JJones.  Going RB with the first pick and Williams and Jacobs are there.  Right now it’s a toss up in my head.  Williams has more upside in that offense but health is a concern.  What would you guys do? 

tough decision as I have both ranked pretty close to each other as well. 

I have a slight edge for Jacobs though. Yes the KC offense is (or at least should be) a juggernaut, but there's also a LOT of mouths to feed & there's at least in my opinion, a little less assurance that Williams has the pedigree to carry the load all season. 

Granted there's also no guarantee that the rookie can do it either, but he was the 1st RB drafted and by all indications is going to be the workhorse in OAK.

Take a look at mine when you have a chance:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/778335-keeper-help-whir/

I like Jacobs more. Reid doesn’t seem committed to Williams, and it’s unlikely he’d be a bell cow even if the hammy wasn’t an issue, which it is.

so I’d lean Jacobs. 

It all boils down to your belief in William's keeping the starting job all year.  If you do then take William's.  If you don't believe take Jacobs.

I would keep Jacobs as he’s projected to be a workhorse back with minimal competition. KC brought in Carlos Hyde and spent a draft pick on a RB so they are not fully committed to Williams. 

Users who are viewing this thread