Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Northern Voice

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - 2 QB Leagues where half of are hurt and the other half suck are fun!

16 minutes ago, Doug B said:

If you mean blind bid money for waivers, I have the same question. I went into the Yahoo League settings and looked at what waivers information was there. Did y'all use $100 for season-long blind bidding? And are waivers still run Tuesday evenings? If so, what time of night?

Last question for now: Did you all have a free agency first-come-first-serve period after waivers but before the following week's kickoff? For example, were people -- without using blind-bid waiver money -- able to pick up, say, a free agent kicker on a Friday afternoon (or even early Sunday morning assuming no London games)?

14 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yes. Yes. Midnight? I don’t think so. Yes I believe they were able to pick up free agents at a first come, first serve basis. 

Yes, I believe $100 budget, blind bid Tuesday night followed by first come first served until kickoff. I think waivers run at like 3 AM or some silly time.

As the guy trying to update the playlist and draft sheet - there were way more transactions every week than I expected. For a free league that was started so we could listen to a bunch of music, it was a very competitive league IMO.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, there's a few sitting out there that I'd easily take over a K, but so it is. 

Yep but when one gets the chance to draft an Elvis tune from one of his Paramount musicals, you do it. 60s Tiki culture meets fantasy kicker legend in the making (maybe). 

• Like 3

Round 14  -  Chris Thompson  RB  Was

Round 15  -  Hunter Renfrow  WR Oak

I just hope neither of these guys is dead.  Those were pretty random.

Edited by Mrs. Rannous

41 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Round 14  -  Chris Thompson  RB  Was

Round 15  -  Hunter Renfrow  WR Oak

I just hope neither of these guys is dead.  Those were pretty random.

They were both available. Nice value on Thompson. I can see Keenum checking down to him a lot. 

• Like 1

For those that have listened to the mix I apologize that everyday you'll have This is: David Bowie on your recommendation list. Although it could have been worse I guess. I could have chosen KISS or RUS(I will not complete the rest of the band's name).

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

For those that have listened to the mix I apologize that everyday you'll have This is: David Bowie on your recommendation list. Although it could have been worse I guess. I could have chosen KISS or RUS(I will not complete the rest of the band's name).

Lions D is still out there, we might get a Detroit Rock City pick

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Lions D is still out there, we might get a Detroit Rock City pick

Joe the lion, made of iron

• Like 1

I’ll homer up and take Baltimore D

Well I was torn here, figured I have to take a fire-it-up song by these dudes for my Defense if I'm going to take one at all.  I'll go with

Def Leppard - Run Riot

@Mr. Ected

Edited by JZilla
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

15.05 Dallas Cowboys D/ST

Starman - David Bowie

Nice, you totally snaked me there. I thought they would for sure get back to me. Their early schedule is $$$.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Nice, you totally snaked me there. I thought they would for sure get back to me. Their early schedule is $$$.

I only took them because the song was easy - but they do have a decent D and easy early schedule.

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Darren Waller - Oakland - TE

Fats Waller - Ain't Misbehavin'

Fats Waller is Darren Waller's Great Uncle or Uncle, I forget which

Chris Herndon - New York Jets - TE

Television - Venus

NYC, baby. 

@simey

Love that combo, I’m bummed it didn’t work out for me to draft Waller but you the right song 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Love that combo, I’m bummed it didn’t work out for me to draft Waller but you the right song 

Zay Jones is going to have to get cut for a defense. Not sure what I was thinking with that pick, really. 

2 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Now there's a piano ballad

Good thing there are no players named Mandy.