What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (1 Viewer)

SOD and a great song too. Cooks is going to be awesome this year. Also I just noticed you seem to be an FC Cinci fan. I went the game against the Galaxy back in June. That was a great time and the city was a blast. The OTR area is really fun.
Surprised he was there.  As long as Luck plays some, my team is shaping up well.

And yes, FCC season ticket holder. Great fun even though they're absolutely awful.  The new stadium is being built near the OTR area which will be awesome.

7.03  Cooper Kupp - WR/LA Rams

I'm pretty high on the Ram passing offense this year.  Tough to differentiate between Woods, Cooks and Kupp.    So I'm happy to have 2 of 3 starters.

And, I really wanted to draft this song.....

Paul McCartney - Too Many People

@Doug B..good morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're talking about the low selection, he's ranked #68 in this format according to FBG for this format. He's right on schedule. We play 3 WRs and a FLEX and a superFLEX. So the premium is on WRs and QBs.
Pure coincidence I went WR/QB on the turn

Thanks - once I committed to my song schtick though I'm kind of limited in choices. I'm still generally happy with the players so far. 
Yeah, I could see that. That's pretty impressive what you're doing. At least you have a large catalog and looser connections to have to make.

It's funny. The other league in I'm -- my main league -- won't be as competitive, football-wise, as this one is. People here just follow the game more, and even the ones that declare that they don't draft well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
7.07 - DJ Moore - WR - Carolina

Stupid question, does Carolina allow for both Carolinas? Or are they North because that is where they have their home?

They claim both Carolinas and do some publicity and exhibitions down in SC too..
:goodposting:     They are building a new headquarters and practice facility in Rock Hill, SC. Their games will continue to be played in Charlotte.

It's been 24 years ... I wonder if many NFL fans remember that the Panthers started out playing at Clemson's stadium. 
I was overseas being a military guy but I was excited that my home state kind of had a team now

Nobody in SC ever liked the Falcons but everybody likes the Braves..

I was overseas being a military guy but I was excited that my home state kind of had a team now

Nobody in SC ever liked the Falcons but everybody likes the Braves..
NFL teams probably don't want to do this kind of thing anymore ... but it would be cool if the Panthers did sorta what the Packers used to do with their Milwaukee games. Maybe one game at Clemson and one game at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia every year. I'd add in Charleston, but they don't have an NFL-size stadium.

But, with the modern NFL, you gotta be in a stadium with luxury boxes and PSLs and tricked-out locker rooms. The players would hate having to "go on the road" to play in a college stadium.

NFL teams probably don't want to do this kind of thing anymore ... but it would be cool if the Panthers did sorta what the Packers used to do with their Milwaukee games. Maybe one game at Clemson and one game at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia every year. I'd add in Charleston, but they don't have an NFL-size stadium.

But, with the modern NFL, you gotta be in a stadium with luxury boxes and PSLs and tricked-out locker rooms. The players would hate having to "go on the road" to play in a college stadium.
They wouldn't be able to charge the box money either

49ers/Levi's stadium is more luxury boxes than not  :loco:

And almost 40 highway miles from Candlestick Park. The Niners seem to be more San Jose's team than anywhere else. Distance-wise, that's like the Patriots playing in Providence, RI; or the Redskins playing in Baltimore.
I was pretty astonished at how far Foxborough stadium is from Boston.. it is a legit haul for those fans, because it's just a ####ty local road (Route 1?).  ALL. DAY. AFFAIR.

SF to SJ is at least a big highway and game day traffic isn't that terrible, but yeah it's metro San Jose for sure

I was pretty astonished at how far Foxborough stadium is from Boston.. it is a legit haul for those fans, because it's just a ####ty local road (Route 1?).  ALL. DAY. AFFAIR
It's not surprising that it attempts to be and is New England's team, but for CT, the place it almost moved to, which is Jets/Giants country in the south. 

Users who are viewing this thread