What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (1 Viewer)

so far we have...

NV, rockaction, JuddZilla, simey, Marco, Ilov, Mrs. R, Dr. O, Bonz, Doug, Mr E, and I think someone mentioned in another thread that Man of Constant Sorrow wanted to play, although he hasn't checked in, but he might not know to in here.  So far that is 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply. I have to bow out. Just moved and am trying to get settled/rent out the old place. Will miss it for sure. 

I’ll watch closely and pull for simey. 

Can't participate in the draft, but had an idea for y'all about the music theme.

Take the initials of the player chosen.  First initial has to match the first letter of the first word in the song title. Second initial (or beyond) has to match first letter of any of the other words in the title.

Examples:

Kirk Cousins-- Karma Chameleon

Christian McCaffrey-- Call Me

George Kittle-- God Only Knows

Saquon Barkley-- Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth...

####. Now I wanna play.  :kicksrock:

Can't participate in the draft, but had an idea for y'all about the music theme.

Take the initials of the player chosen.  First initial has to match the first letter of the first word in the song title. Second initial (or beyond) has to match first letter of any of the other words in the title.

Examples:

Kirk Cousins-- Karma Chameleon

Christian McCaffrey-- Call Me

George Kittle-- God Only Knows

Saquon Barkley-- Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth...

####. Now I wanna play.  :kicksrock:
I rather like this idea.

These drafts are fun.  Are you sure you can't play?

I rather like this idea.

These drafts are fun.  Are you sure you can't play?
I second that Herb should come along. Indeed. I'm a big Herb booster.

Hopefully you'll like your shiny new Eric Dickerson car from SMU that we just gave you.

I second that Herb should come along. Indeed. I'm a big Herb booster.

Hopefully you'll like your shiny new Eric Dickerson car from SMU that we just gave you.
Thanks, GB. Right back atcha.  But at the moment there just isn't time in the day for all the stuff already on my plate. This is something I'd feel bad about committing to and not spending the time requisite to make it worthwhile for not only myself but the rest of the participants. 

I may drop into the thread now and again though, if you'll have me.

From some earlier posts in this thread, it sounds like that the teams drafted are actually entered into an administered online fantasy league. What were the details of that last year? What league website, what buy-in, etc.? NV was the commish, sounds like?

From some earlier posts in this thread, it sounds like that the teams drafted are actually entered into an administered online fantasy league. What were the details of that last year? What league website, what buy-in, etc.? NV was the commish, sounds like?
Yes, we really draft teams and carry out the season with waivers, trades, etc. We use Yahoo. It's a superflex league, think we did ppr as well. I forget the exact line-up requirements. No buy-in, just for fun. Also I think we kept the draft going all year- if you added a player from waivers, you had to draft a song. 

Yes, we really draft teams and carry out the season with waivers, trades, etc. We use Yahoo. It's a superflex league, think we did ppr as well. I forget the exact line-up requirements. No buy-in, just for fun. Also I think we kept the draft going all year- if you added a player from waivers, you had to draft a song. 
Yep, this basically covers it. Last year Joe actually kicked in a couple FBG memberships as prizes. 

Poll on music theme:

Option A - Drafted Players initials must be in Song Titles

Option B - Song from player drafted's birth year or draft year. 

Option C - Wide open - Any link you like between player drafted and song.

----

Did any other suggestions get much momentum?

Poll on music theme:

----

I have no preference on the music theme.  I'll go with the majority.

I am travelling to DC today and then back home Friday evening.  I can check in and quickly draft players from a cheat sheet but I may have to add songs later to keep the draft moving as some will likely require some research.  I seem to remember we did that last year--still okay this season?

I am travelling to DC today and then back home Friday evening.  I can check in and quickly draft players from a cheat sheet but I may have to add songs later to keep the draft moving as some will likely require some research.  I seem to remember we did that last year--still okay this season?
It should be fine.

Poll on music theme:

----

Well it was my suggestion but I'll go with c - Im ok with any of them though.

Not to confuse things further but we could designate some wild card rounds. Mostly pick what you like, as long as you can link it to the player but round 4 is distance gimmick, round 7 is initials, round 10 is song from players birth year, etc...

Can we do something with multiple options? So many years, so many initials and a couple of 'wild cards' like option c?

If you wanted to switch it up, I think position is better than round,

QB/RB use birth year 

TE/WR open to interpretation 

K/D use initials (Detroit Lions= DL)

Just a thought but I think option C gets my vote 

He does, haven't seen him in a bit but he told me he was interested when it came up
Heya - sorry - I've been away this week. I really - really - wanted to do this, but things are keeping me super busy right now. I am afraid that I would just hold everyone up.

This seems to be a consistent thing, so if there is room next year, I will be ready on time.

Thanks again - and have fun. I will follow and mock accordingly.  😁

Highest roll drafts first, if people haven't rolled by noon/1, I'll do the rest.
I have never rolled the dice before. What am I supposed to do? I thought you rolled for everyone. Do I just click roll the dice, and that is it?

Dice Rolls

Mrs R 936

Eephus 836

Marco 766

Doug B 709

Dr Octopus 699

JZilla 694

Mr Ected 360

NV 344

Ilov 223

Bonzai 112