What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (2 Viewers)

I miss this thread.

Thanks to @Northern Voice @Mr. Ected and the rest of you lot for giving me a high fun, low stress way to remain a Football Guy in good standing for another season.

Although picking immediately after joining the league was kind of weird, in retrospect I was lucky to have a high number rolled for me.  I could grab a BPA pick early and do some research before it came back around.

I'm pretty happy with the JuJu Eyeballs.  Lamar Jackson was a reach at 3.02 but he probably wouldn't have been available when it came back.  I only had one usable QB last year and had to scuffle.  Hopefully I'll be able to avoid that this year.

The mix is a :tfp: but in a good way.

The nice thing is we get to jump back in here every week with the add drops.

Also I still owe picks :bag:

It was my birthday yesterday and we spent Friday and Saturday at the family cottage, then Sunday morning we came back and I spent yesterday afternoon in our back yard with some friends popping in and out over the course of the day to share some BBQ and beers. Today after work, I played squash with a couple guys to try to burn off some of those burgers and beer.  I'm glad the draft finished when it did since I've been pretty busy but hopefully it picks back up with some waiver pickups. Since that was a whole lot of words that have not a lot to do with this draft. I'll add a 

REMINDER to get waiver claims in for the first post draft add/drops. 

Waivers running tomorrow night, being it’ll be Tuesday?

And no first-come-first-serve free agent pickups before Week One?

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than a laundry product, what is FAAB?
Free agent acquisition budget. It’s the fake money you use to bid on players. Say after week 1 some guy who wasn’t drafted has a big week. You can make a blind bid on the player. Whoever makes the highest blind bid gets that player on their team. Only the person winning the player loses their FAAB.

Free agent acquisition budget. It’s the fake money you use to bid on players. Say after week 1 some guy who wasn’t drafted has a big week. You can make a blind bid on the player. Whoever makes the highest blind bid gets that player on their team. Only the person winning the player loses their FAAB.
Oh, yeah.  We did that last year.  I just don't remember because for me, it didn't really matter.  Simey now has the Bell curse.  I just hope someone else has to program the half-time entertainment.

I miss this thread.

Thanks to @Northern Voice @Mr. Ected and the rest of you lot for giving me a high fun, low stress way to remain a Football Guy in good standing for another season.

Although picking immediately after joining the league was kind of weird, in retrospect I was lucky to have a high number rolled for me.  I could grab a BPA pick early and do some research before it came back around.

I'm pretty happy with the JuJu Eyeballs.  Lamar Jackson was a reach at 3.02 but he probably wouldn't have been available when it came back.  I only had one usable QB last year and had to scuffle.  Hopefully I'll be able to avoid that this year.

The mix is a :tfp: but in a good way.
Glad the timing worked out for you join the draft. I imagine the next week will be slow but once the games start and waivers keep running, it should pick up. 

The nice thing is we get to jump back in here every week with the add drops.

Also I still owe picks :bag:

It was my birthday yesterday and we spent Friday and Saturday at the family cottage, then Sunday morning we came back and I spent yesterday afternoon in our back yard with some friends popping in and out over the course of the day to share some BBQ and beers. Today after work, I played squash with a couple guys to try to burn off some of those burgers and beer.  I'm glad the draft finished when it did since I've been pretty busy but hopefully it picks back up with some waiver pickups. Since that was a whole lot of words that have not a lot to do with this draft. I'll add a 

REMINDER to get waiver claims in for the first post draft add/drops.
Had a nice birthday celebration this weekend, too. I forgot we share the same similar time frame -- like a day -- with respect to that. Happy belated Birthday, NV!

As for the thread, it should indeed pick up again.

Dropped: Zay Jones

Added : Seattle Defense

Song : Flop - Hello

I thought our waivers ran on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.  When do they run this year?
That's right during the season. After the draft Yahoo automatically put all players on waivers for a couple days, which is why there was an initial waiver run overnight. It's first come first serve now til opening kickoff. 

Waiver - RB Carlos Hyde - Kansas City

Kansas City Local and HUGE Chiefs fan...

Occasionally - Melissa Etheridge (Percussion on this song is her tapping the back side of a guitar.)

Dropped Lamar Miller after he went on IR.  :kicksrock:

Can't leave me alone with a roster and a week and a half. I'll get ideas.

Added: T.J. Hockenson - TE - Detroit

Dropped - Jamison Crowder - NY Jets

Song: 1970 - The Stooges

Alternate Song, because it's a bit tenuous: Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - Billy Joel

The Stooges are from Detroit, the proto-punk mecca before anybody knew it was there. 

Billy Joel? Who needs a house out in Hackensack/Is that all you get for your money? 

The playlist is updated. I think I've got the hang of it. 

Can't leave me alone with a roster and a week and a half. I'll get ideas.

Added: T.J. Hockenson - TE - Detroit

Dropped - Jamison Crowder - NY Jets

Song: 1970 - The Stooges

Alternate Song, because it's a bit tenuous: Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - Billy Joel

The Stooges are from Detroit, the proto-punk mecca before anybody knew it was there. 

Billy Joel? Who needs a house out in Hackensack/Is that all you get for your money? 

The playlist is updated. I think I've got the hang of it. 
Good pick-up, he's legit. 

Northern Voice said:
You've got a tough week one matchup, right to be nervous  :pokey: :football:
You are tough. I was looking at your team and thinking how formidable it might be if the holdouts break right. IMHO, and that's all it is, you're really good anyway. You'd be sick if Gordon's ended and Zeke's stuck. 

Then again, I'm looking at everyone's team, wondering who must be the sucker in the league, and coming to the conclusion that...

:kicksrock:

Eating popcorn while I try to salvage a draft rife with poor decisions and inattention to bye weeks, eh? 
just dunno how you lot keep finding unearthed songs, man ... last "new" #### i listened to was Jack n' Meg  :shrug:

tough thread to stay up with ... i do like the Hardman scoop, but Blancmange is gonna get some run down there in Miami - explosive chap, but Mr. MaGoo has better vision, as it were. 

as far as your spec ... Watkins is fragile, and Tyreek is a powderkeg - KoolAid gotta love him some Mecole, he doesn't draft human joysticks to have them labor on the pine - lotta moving pieces in that offense, Fat Man playing Tecmo with that ####  :clap:

I'm in total roster combust mode right now. I really have no idea what to do. It's kind of funny.  You or Bonz sniped me on Lockett, too, IIRC. I think I got sniped thrice that draft. Bad draft for me.
Williams still may be the lead back. Who knows where McCoy fits in. I took Lockett after being sniped. Being on the end of the draft can be challenging.

Williams still may be the lead back. Who knows where McCoy fits in. I took Lockett after being sniped. Being on the end of the draft can be challenging.
I think they invested a lot in McCoy. Whether Williams is lead back or not, either way, McCoy's eating into touches for Williams or outright taking over, which is my guess.

Yeah, you said that about Lockett and the draft in general. I had to keep adjusting players and songs, but it was still fun.

You are tough. I was looking at your team and thinking how formidable it might be if the holdouts break right. IMHO, and that's all it is, you're really good anyway. You'd be sick if Gordon's ended and Zeke's stuck. 

Then again, I'm looking at everyone's team, wondering who must be the sucker in the league, and coming to the conclusion that...

:kicksrock:
Yeah we'll see how my "no quarterbacks who can actually throw a football" strategy works out but I like my guys at the other skill positions. 

Go to first post of thread. Click on the link to the Yahoo! League. It takes you to your team page. While at Yahoo team page, click on "Players" tab. Scroll down one until you see "Player List." Click or release button. Look at players available. 

Go to first post of thread. Click on the link to the Yahoo! League. It takes you to your team page. While at Yahoo team page, click on "Players" tab. Scroll down one until you see "Player List." Click or release button. Look at players available. 
Thanks.  (I do have a short cut to my team.  I'm not totally clueless.)

Users who are viewing this thread