What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (2 Viewers)

I didn't keep a side list of mine. I'm not sure anybody did. I just picked and thought I was adding to the main list when I did. I asked for help or confirmation but that went into the ether, as it were.
I did, and last year too, I was really aiming for an enjoyable playlist but it’s really me just jerkin myself off and why not

If I drop this next one to Ziggy it’s probably time to thinks about throwing in the towel, let the competitive teams have at the FA pool. My super bowl, it turns out, was week one 🎉

Sammy dubs you got me again 

Livens up any playlist
Try to bring a little lyricism to the procession...

Not sure another 1997, 2018, or song of South Carolina or Cincinnati is really doin' it for me or the list right now, or my brain's just stuck in neutral, which could well be the case. I like Auden and just how the name sounds right now. Like autumn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I lead the league in searching for a WR3 that never came although I might have just dropped him, too. :bag:

I didn't even bother with waivers this week. My FAAB is gone. My will is, too. I just added/dropped out of habit.

Uncle.

:lmao:

I have indeed drafted, dropped, re-picked, dropped, etc. One guy sticks out as completely not worth the effort.

James Washington - WR - Pittsburgh Steelers

Good luck to all my Summerpalooza palookas this week. May we all be forces to be reckoned with, unless we're 4k hi-res. Then career lows would be nice. 
Nice. 🙂

So, I will return your honesty with a story of my own.

Back when T. Owens was "new/unknown" to me - not sure of the year - I had to miss my annual face-to-face drafts. I got a buddy to draft for me. We used "standardized draft sheets" so that the commish would have an easier time tracking everyone's team. At the time, we also had a strict draft number required for each position during the draft (4 qbs & tes / 6 rbs & wrs / 2 DSTs). These restrictions did not apply after the draft, so ... I thought that I would be clever and improve my team before the season started by dropping one of my worst players for a long shot I had just read about in the USA Today. I have no clue on his name now.

Well, the guy that drafted for me, wrote T.O. in the 6th wr's space - thus, I thought he was my #6 wr. (Not only did I miss the draft, I also had not done any prep work for the year.)

I dropped T.O. for some Rudy type. 

Of course, T.O. lasted on the wire about as long as a spliff in my mouth - and when I figured out what I had done - and tried to get him back ....

Well, you can imagine. I still am referred to as the guy who dropped T.O.before the season started - in his breakout year - that apparently most saw coming. And, to make it worse, he was NOT my #6 wr. The guy who drafted for me did not write the names in order - dumba ----- eh - wait ... I'm the guy that dropped T.O.. I'll just shut up now. :bag:

JZilla said:
If I drop this next one to Ziggy it’s probably time to thinks about throwing in the towel, let the competitive teams have at the FA pool. My super bowl, it turns out, was week one 🎉

You're 1-3 with the most points scored, IIRC. I wouldn't do that. Seems extreme.

Your team just got stuck with variance on top of variance. It's a really good team, IMHO.

Anyway, this should be a fun weekend. Looking forward to its beginning tonight, though I have nobody going.  Good luck to all the lollers.

You're 1-3 with the most points scored, IIRC. I wouldn't do that. Seems extreme.

Your team just got stuck with variance on top of variance. It's a really good team, IMHO.

Anyway, this should be a fun weekend. Looking forward to its beginning tonight, though I have nobody going.  Good luck to all the lollers.
Won’t be very fun for you 😡

Looking at projections all around, I don't think so, either. But watch out! The Wallerres guys have a way of being above projections, until, of course, they're below them.

:football:
My numbers are being ballooned a bit by Adams who likely won’t play 

JZilla said:

Don't count out TWD's. He's turned the corner.  I had the 2nd most points in the league last week and lost to him......

Looking at projections all around, I don't think so, either. But watch out! The Wallerres guys have a way of being above projections, until, of course, they're below them.

:football:
My numbers are being ballooned a bit by Adams who likely won’t play 
Yahoo's projections are a bit suspect.  They're currently projecting Tom Brady for a zero point week.  I know he had a bad game vs. Buffalo but they're playing Washington.

When I think of Colt McCoy, all I think of is Suh just destroying him over and over over. Ndamukong not getting the Heisman that year was a travesty. 
Yes, that was the most memorable defensive effort I've ever seen in a bowl game. It was nuts. LOLOLOL. I always bring that one up when people start talking about dominant defensive performances. Too bad Suh turned out to be an unlikable schmuck. 

eta* Championship game. Sorry. It was nationally televised, that's what I remember...LOLZ again.

Yes, that was the most memorable defensive effort I've ever seen in a bowl game. It was nuts. LOLOLOL. I always bring that one up when people start talking about dominant defensive performances. Too bad Suh turned out to be an unlikable schmuck. 
We mostly loved him in Detroit. I guess a Bill Laimbeer type where you hate him unless he's on your team. His biggest fault was playing in the wrong era. He was a throwback from a different time. The things he did that brought about scorn and fines were what made legends of **** Butkus and Night Train Lane. 

We mostly loved him in Detroit. I guess a Bill Laimbeer type where you hate him unless he's on your team. His biggest fault was playing in the wrong era. He was a throwback from a different time. The things he did that brought about scorn and fines were what made legends of **** Butkus and Night Train Lane. 
To a degree, yes. I think he had some off-field stuff in Portland, Ore. with a car (IIRC, and it's faulty, so...who knows?) and in training camp with a car and...

From various sources, not a swell fellow? Either way, that game was funny. 

To a degree, yes. I think he had some off-field stuff in Portland, Ore. with a car (IIRC, and it's faulty, so...who knows?) and in training camp with a car and...

From various sources, not a swell fellow? Either way, that game was funny. 
Oh I don't think he was a pleasant guy (Laimbeer was a total ### too) but I don't think the car things were all that major. The incident in Detroit was a fender bender with no drugs, alcohol or injuries involved. He drove aggressively, maybe intentionally hit a car but nobody was hurt. The thing in Oregon was he had a passenger in his bad ### 70 Chevelle Super Sport, he gunned it and lost control of the car. The passenger was hurt and got a large settlement. However, it doesn't seem like he was guilty of more than being an aggressive driver. 

The quote that best sums up football and Suh is "football isn't for the well adjusted". Look at what we ask football players to do- how can we question when they are so violent or aggressive or reckless.

I have nothing to add about this week's festivities, but tonight and last night?

Oof.

I mean, oooooooooof. Dude. I think the guys that were supposed to put me up around 180 both shone with golden goose eggs. 

That said, ilov80s is probably too busy in the movie thread to come collect his trophy...

Here you go, bro :)

🏆

(there's something written there, but it's in hi-res -- I can't even read it.)

I owe some picks, but not sure I want to dominate the playlist; nor are they really inspired this time around. I'm not picking players with hopes of real long-term solutions and thereby attaching songs to their prowess, I'm just trying ot get through the three rough bye weeks I have. 5,6,7.

Anyway, I'll do picks, but I'm not sure they'll add to anything and that's not really a cop-out, I'm just having difficulty coming up with some good stuff here. 

Any help? 

JZilla said:
If I could spread my points out a little better I'd have more wins.  Better ##### more this week.
I had written a longer post about how I thought your team was actually excellent, but didn't want to blow too much smoke up the ole keester. You have Baby/Land Chark! 

Got a good team, mang. This league is all really close in terms of points, wins, etc. Tough leeg.

Payce. 

My team is slipping here and I thought it was pretty decent. Good W Rock. Luckily I’m having incredible luck in my main league. 

My team is slipping here and I thought it was pretty decent. Good W Rock. Luckily I’m having incredible luck in my main league. 
Aw, shucks. Thanks. My WRs, drafted late, are keeping me in this, plus the acquisitions. My QBs really are sort of an abomination right now and will be my achilles' heel, along with the KC backfield. Anwyay, just talking gentle crow -- I figured I'd check in about the match up. I'd been away from the computer most of the week until Sunday and Monday, really, and couldn't give you proper static. Plus, who gives proper static about Auden Tate?  Can anybody say paper tiger?

That's it for my song! See below post.

Good to hear your team is having great luck in your mainer. Sounds excellent. I like the way you drafted this year, if I'm not mistaken that you went with certain guys you talked about in the SP and receiver early? Maybe?

With the end of the decade coming up, what's your opinion about The Next Day and Blackstar?
I actually enjoy both of them - Blackstar a bit more. I wouldn't rank them among his classics but I think he did a better job than most of his contemporaries in still put out quality records in the late stages on his career. I think both him and Dylan put out better stuff in the 2000/2010s than their 1980s and 1990s efforts.

I actually enjoy both of them - Blackstar a bit more. I wouldn't rank them among his classics but I think he did a better job than most of his contemporaries in still put out quality records in the late stages on his career. I think both him and Dylan put out better stuff in the 2000/2010s than their 1980s and 1990s efforts.
For a time in the 80s-90s, Bowie seemed to be chasing trends instead of setting them

TJ Hockenson

Ann Arbor's Taproot - Poem

2-22-2001 I saw Linkin Park (just hitting), these dudes, and Alien Ant Farm (unheard of) at the 9:30 Club and it was probably the most killer show I saw there in 22 years

Indeed.  It was just electric in there, you know what I mean.  This cat from Taproot stage dove (OK dropped) off the balcony into the crowd.  AAF blew the roof off the place with their Smooth Criminal cover which no one had ever heard yet.  Linkin Park had a high bar to meet and they met it.  RIP Ches

Alright, apologies for abandoning my commish responsibilities in terms of this thread, Ill try to catch stuff up at some point but who knows. Thanks to those staying on top of the playlist. Im going to make up some picks for my waiver adds (who i've mostly re-dropped by now) here. 

Giovanni Bernard - Tigers Jaw - June

Because Bengals are Tigers. This song is excellent though, if you're still following this thread, listen to it. It's kind of that indie/emo/punk cross point that nerds like me call 4th wave emo, but it's really just good rock, or indie rock, or emo. Whatever.

Alright, apologies for abandoning my commish responsibilities in terms of this thread, Ill try to catch stuff up at some point but who knows. Thanks to those staying on top of the playlist. Im going to make up some picks for my waiver adds (who i've mostly re-dropped by now) here. 

Giovanni Bernard - Tigers Jaw - June

Because Bengals are Tigers. This song is excellent though, if you're still following this thread, listen to it. It's kind of that indie/emo/punk cross point that nerds like me call 4th wave emo, but it's really just good rock, or indie rock, or emo. Whatever.
Sorta sad, that video. The song was poppy, the suburban overgrowth, depressing.

This is my emo, personally. 

This one's about an abandoned church. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church Blues

And just the other day I swear I saw a man there/Pulling weeds out of the concrete, sweeping up and patching cracks, I saw him lift a rag to wash the years of filth from off those windows./Made me wonder if there's anyone like that for you and me and/Anybody else who broke and lost hope.

Users who are viewing this thread