What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Help; Will Help with yours (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
12-team league 

Background/ League info:

• 12-team, keeper rules are the following:

Can keep up to 3 players drafted after round 5 (so 6th round = 1st keeper round)
  • Year 1 = 1 round prior to draft round (drafted in round 6 = 5th round pick), if added as FA = last round keeper
  • Year 2 = 1/2 of previous year keeper round (kept in year 1 for a 6th round pick = 3rd round pick in year 2)
  • Year 3 = 1st round pick. 

[*]Start: QRRWWTFKD

[*]Scoring: .5PPR, 4pts passing TD, 6pt all other TD's

Keepers: Bold = already keeping (keeper rounds & year in parentheses - listed by keeper round):

• Alvin Kamara (6th round - 2nd year) 
  • Nick Chubb (9th round 1st year) 

• Deshaun Watson (9th - 2nd year)
  • Phillip Lindsay (11th round - 1st year)
  • Robbie Anderson (11th - 2nd year)
  • Lamar Jackson (13th - 1st year)
  • Dante Pettis (15th round - 1st year)

I have 2 questions regarding my above keepers:

Question 1:

• Who would you keep as your 3rd/ final keeper? Won't say where I'm leaning so there's no bias
Question 2:

• Would you try to trade any of the above keepers for any of the following

Mahomes - 6th round (1st year)
  • Juju - 9th round (2nd year)
  • George Kittle - 10th round (1st year)
  • Damien Williams 17th round (1st year)

sorry for the length, but will help answer anyone who leaves a link here. 

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the second question, but I would lean towards Watson.  I would have said Lindsay but you’re keeping 2 RBs.  

Not sure about the second question, but I would lean towards Watson.  I would have said Lindsay but you’re keeping 2 RBs.  
Thanks; 

FWIW, I can start 3x RB's each week (2 @ RB 1 @ Flex), so keeping 3x RB's isn't necessarily the worst idea. 

If you can pull off a trade for Kittle and Williams, I would do it providing their not asking for Kamara or Chubb.

Otherwise with the 2 you're already keeping, I would probably add Watson and Lindsay based on what Rd. draft pick they'll cost you.

JuJu is arguably a first round pick this year in a ppr league though I'd probably have him going in the second round.  Either way I'd take JuJu over any of the players in your list that you aren't already keeping.  Though him and Chubb are both ninth rounders so unless you have two ninth round picks I'm not sure you could keep both of them.

If you can pull off a trade for Kittle and Williams, I would do it providing their not asking for Kamara or Chubb.

Otherwise with the 2 you're already keeping, I would probably add Watson and Lindsay based on what Rd. draft pick they'll cost you.
He can only keep three players so trading for multiple players won't do him any good.

He can only keep three players so trading for multiple players won't do him any good.
@jmble is correct; I can only keep a max of 3 players. I can, however, trade potential keepers for draft picks, but that's a whole other can or worms. 

JuJu is arguably a first round pick this year in a ppr league though I'd probably have him going in the second round.  Either way I'd take JuJu over any of the players in your list that you aren't already keeping.  Though him and Chubb are both ninth rounders so unless you have two ninth round picks I'm not sure you could keep both of them.
To answer your question; if I'm able to pull off a trade for Juju, either he or Chubb would then be a 10th round pick (2 players w/ same round = that round & the following round)

This league is a .5PPR, so while not full PPR, the idea is still similar. 

Since Juju can only be kept this year (next year would be a 1st round pick and I don't see him pulling that value next year) & Lindsay/L. Jackson/ Pettis can all be kept for 2+ years, would you still try to package Lindsay + Pettis/Jackson (or both) for Juju?

Thanks again for the post(s) and thought put into them. 

I'd go with Lindsay so then you can concentrate on WR's early----UNLESS you know where you will be drafting and if you have a shot at CMC,Saquaon or Zeke--in which case I would keep Watson. As to question 2, I'd rather keep Kamara and Chubb and you have no one left out of that list that anyone is going to trade for for the players you want. 

Thanks for the help with mine.

I'd go Watson of those you mention, but I definitely would work on one of those deals.  Mahomes in Year 1 is nice,  but JuJu and Kittle are tempting.  I don't like Damien, but costs you next to nothing to keep.  

I would lock up Lindsay. Then you have 3 RBs already and can focus the earlier rounds on top end WRs while everyone else is scrambling for the remaining RBs (zig while they zag). 

I'd go with Lindsay so then you can concentrate on WR's early----UNLESS you know where you will be drafting and if you have a shot at CMC,Saquaon or Zeke--in which case I would keep Watson. As to question 2, I'd rather keep Kamara and Chubb and you have no one left out of that list that anyone is going to trade for for the players you want. 
FWIW, we ARE able to choose our draft positions, however, I pulled the 6th choice. Since I'm already keeping Kamara, I assume picks 1-3 will all be chosen before my turn. 

Regarding question 2; the manager who has Juju really has no other notable keepers; so the possibility of a Lindsay + Pettis/Watson/etc... for Juju might actually be enough to pull him in. That is if it makes sense for me to go that route. 

Regardless, I do appreciate the insight & time you took to comment on my question. 

Sorry, My typo, should have said Kittle or Williams.
I appreciate the help and follow-up(s). If I'm NOT able to pull off a trade, would you keep Lindsay (11) or Watson (9) then (only able to keep 1 of the 2)?

Thanks again

FWIW, we ARE able to choose our draft positions, however, I pulled the 6th choice. Since I'm already keeping Kamara, I assume picks 1-3 will all be chosen before my turn. 

Regarding question 2; the manager who has Juju really has no other notable keepers; so the possibility of a Lindsay + Pettis/Watson/etc... for Juju might actually be enough to pull him in. That is if it makes sense for me to go that route. 

Regardless, I do appreciate the insight & time you took to comment on my question. 

I appreciate the help and follow-up(s). If I'm NOT able to pull off a trade, would you keep Lindsay (11) or Watson (9) then (only able to keep 1 of the 2)?

Thanks again
Heck, why stop at just Lindsay and Pettis for JuJu?  Throw in Watson as well and seal the deal.  If he doesn't go for it keep Lindsay.  FYI-In my main league we also pick our spots and it went totally in order with picks 1-10 until pick 11 when he choose the turn.  I wouldn't blame you if you moved down a few spots, trying to pick up a better player in the 2nd round is probably better than the difference in players between pick 6 and 9 or 10.

Heck, why stop at just Lindsay and Pettis for JuJu?  Throw in Watson as well and seal the deal.  If he doesn't go for it keep Lindsay.  FYI-In my main league we also pick our spots and it went totally in order with picks 1-10 until pick 11 when he choose the turn.  I wouldn't blame you if you moved down a few spots, trying to pick up a better player in the 2nd round is probably better than the difference in players between pick 6 and 9 or 10.
Good call on throwing Watson in to make the deal (if need be).

And as far as my draft strategy/ pick choice; it's a bit of a tough one for me; I could pick 6 (or earlier) and ensure myself a top WR or Kelce...or do as you suggest and maybe go with pick 9-12 and then target Kelce (if still there) and then the top WR coming back around in the 3rd. Still haven't really put as much thought into this yet as there's a bit too many variables currently. 

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks again
Watson (9)

Users who are viewing this thread