Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Anarchy99

Live Draft Gone Bad

2 hours ago, zoonation said:

Late to the party but that RB sitch is beyond terrible.  He’s going to have to move mahomes.  

Let's hold off and see what's on the waiver wire

So these people are your son's "friends"?  With friends like those...

Seriously--he needs new friends.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

My son is more inclined to sell the team than keep it. He’s still pretty peeved and doesn’t want to deal with these people, especially the commish. He makes a compelling argument 

Without any comment on the team itself, how do you expect to sell this team? Who would buy into a $350 redraft league and not want to draft the team? Now when you factor in that they are behind the 8-ball to some extent with potentially no real RBs (not to mention the commissioner is a giant jerk), it seems like a very limited market.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Without any comment on the team itself, how do you expect to sell this team? Who would buy into a $350 redraft league and not want to draft the team? Now when you factor in that they are behind the 8-ball to some extent with potentially no real RBs (not to mention the commissioner is a giant jerk), it seems like a very limited market.

Agreed.  They would have to sell at a discount, probably a deep discount.

pretty gross

you cant really walk away from $350, so you can either accept the challenge of putting in the effort and trying to win (and walking away next year)

or, you can write it off as $ spent on entertainment and try and blow up the league from the inside out

play it out.  win the league.  dont play in that league next year

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, need2know said:

play it out.  win the league.  dont play in that league next year

Agree with this though commit to play next year, don't pay and don't show up at the draft.  If things start to go south this year find 1 or 2 of your son's friends that he likes the most and make favorable trades to those teams.  Preferrably strong teams that will take down the commish.

Honestly you should have seen this kind of thing coming last season when the commish gifted himself the week one game and nobody did anything about it.

No matter what you decide to do, the obvious thing is that you aren't going to be playing with these people next year.

34 minutes ago, Pipes said:

Agree with this though commit to play next year, don't pay and don't show up at the draft.

This is perfect.

• Like 1

Play out this year and do the best you can with it. That $350 is a sunk cost. Don't complain or be sore much during the season...your revenge comes next year. In the off-season, agree to play next year but inform the league/commish you'll pay after the 2020 draft due to what happened this year. Show up (or not) to the draft and be sure to set your picks to auto draft with nothing but kickers and defenses for the top 20 slots on your list. Bail from the draft once it begins. Never contact them again. Best of luck to the commish next year trying to sell a team full of kickers and defenses to someone for $350.

Edited by Lionsfan011
sp

Shockingly, no takers on someone buying the team. My son made some free agent moves, which makes the current (full) roster . . .

QB - Patrick Mahomes
QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Darrell Henderson
RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Cameron Artis-Payne
RB - Devontae Booker
RB - Ty Montgomery
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Odell Beckham
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Devin Funchess
TE - Eric Ebron
TE - Austin Hooper
PK - Greg Zuerlein
DEF - Chicago Bears
DEF - Minnesota Vikings

I looked at the waiver wire and the pickings at RB are slim. The only other RB potentially worth anything would be Jay Ajayi, who as an NFL free agent could potentially end up in a good spot if a team had a RB go down in the preseason. I am thinking we are better off trying to find a guy in an ok situation as a 3rd down / COP back to use as a second RB. IMO, not worth giving up the scoring advantage at other spots just to cave and get another RB when other teams won't offer full value anyway.

1 hour ago, Lionsfan011 said:

Play out this year and do the best you can with it. That $350 is a sunk cost. Don't complain or be sore much during the season...your revenge comes next year. In the off-season, agree to play next year but inform the league/commish you'll pay after the 2020 draft due to what happened this year. Show up (or not) to the draft and be sure to set your picks to auto draft with nothing but kickers and defenses for the top 20 slots on your list. Bail from the draft once it begins. Never contact them again. Best of luck to the commish next year trying to sell a team full of kickers and defenses to someone for $350.

Love the idea. Only thing I’d change is draft nothing but RBs. Just a full roster of RBs

Maybe you could turn Wilson into a perceived-lesser QB and a guy like James White, that won’t be highly valued but could get you some starter weeks of production?  Assuming Gordon plays (big assumption), you’re one mediocre RB from contention.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arodin said:

Maybe you could turn Wilson into a perceived-lesser QB and a guy like James White, that won’t be highly valued but could get you some starter weeks of production?  Assuming Gordon plays (big assumption), you’re one mediocre RB from contention.

Wilson isn't going to get a lot of love. Unless we are willing to part with Mahomes, I doubt Wilson would bring back much. At least not at this point. For example, Cousins is on the waiver wire for free. You wouldn't even need to burn a waiver claim to add him.

23 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Shockingly, no takers on someone buying the team. My son made some free agent moves, which makes the current (full) roster . . .

QB - Patrick Mahomes
QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Darrell Henderson
RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Cameron Artis-Payne
RB - Devontae Booker
RB - Ty Montgomery
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Odell Beckham
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Devin Funchess
TE - Eric Ebron
TE - Austin Hooper
PK - Greg Zuerlein
DEF - Chicago Bears
DEF - Minnesota Vikings

I looked at the waiver wire and the pickings at RB are slim. The only other RB potentially worth anything would be Jay Ajayi, who as an NFL free agent could potentially end up in a good spot if a team had a RB go down in the preseason. I am thinking we are better off trying to find a guy in an ok situation as a 3rd down / COP back to use as a second RB. IMO, not worth giving up the scoring advantage at other spots just to cave and get another RB when other teams won't offer full value anyway.

The Gurley owner might be willing to give you a rb3 for Henderson/Brown

22 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

The Gurley owner might be willing to give you a rb3 for Henderson/Brown

I looked at the roster and he already had 4 legit RBs. Kept two and then drafted two. The rest of his roster is pretty stacked. Highly unlikely he would want two guys taking up roster spots when in reality his other backs are capable. 

I looked at the rosters in general. There are 3-4 good teams and then a bunch of much weaker ones. So we aren’t that bad off. 

Mad far as out roster goes, we either have top performers or trash, which will make for trouble when trying to trade. 

WOW...just read all 4 pages of this ####show....the commish is a complete ##### (as mentioned several times), why don't you out him?  Like post his contact info?  Also it will warn other potential owners to steer clear of him (my guess is if he's in a $350 league he is probably in quite a few leagues like most of us).  

I do agree with the majority that your team is actually pretty good (RB aside), not sure of the payouts but I think even without improvements you can probably make the playoffs and if you have Mahones with that WR corp in the playoffs anything can happen.

Man, this league blows. I agree with whoever said upthread that this league sounds like BS. Putting a $350 per team league on NFL.com...as a person who played FF many years on all kinds of platforms, I can't imagine the thought process that would lead someone to do that. Nuts.

Anyway, it sounds like you're making the best of it. The $350 is gone for now and I suspect you're in other leagues, so just have fun and hope to catch a few breaks here and there.

ETA: Oh, yeah, if you lose... :ptts: 

Edited by VandyMan
  • Like 1

Really, you're one waiver wire pick up from having a really solid team. Not only that, the fantasy football gods frown on people pulling crap like that. You may have some fantasy karma coming your way.

Watch the preseason games, see if any unknown players start showing promise, and if an injury to the starter happens, pounce.

8 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I looked at the roster and he already had 4 legit RBs. Kept two and then drafted two. The rest of his roster is pretty stacked. Highly unlikely he would want two guys taking up roster spots when in reality his other backs are capable. 

I looked at the rosters in general. There are 3-4 good teams and then a bunch of much weaker ones. So we aren’t that bad off. 

Mad far as out roster goes, we either have top performers or trash, which will make for trouble when trying to trade. 

As has been said other places, doing well seems to be your best course of revenge.

And then saying you'll pay after the draft next season, setting your team to auto draft a bunch of scrubs, and never contacting these losers again.

12 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

QB - Patrick Mahomes
QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Darrell Henderson
RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Cameron Artis-Payne
RB - Devontae Booker
RB - Ty Montgomery
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Odell Beckham
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Devin Funchess
TE - Eric Ebron
TE - Austin Hooper
PK - Greg Zuerlein
DEF - Chicago Bears
DEF - Minnesota Vikings

Firesale!  By now, you must know the waiver wire order, right?  As you said, the commish will veto your lopsided trades (i.e. trading Mahomes for a kicker), but he can't stop you from dropping a player.  I guarantee the person with waiver pick #1 will pay you a decent amount to drop a player of his choice.  Simply repeat this process and you may end up with a little loot.

Another option, and I am being honest here - have you considered calling Judge Judy?  This sounds like a fun case to be heard on TV, and maybe the producers of the show would feel the same.  It's basically a form of computer fraud, but with a fantasy football flavor.  I know I would be glued to the TV during a case like this.

Let's face it - unless Gordon shows in the next weeks, or Gurley goes down early, you have no hope of winning.  Playing the season out will do nothing except piss you off.  Do not give in and trade away Mahomes, Hopkins, OBJ, and Evans for subpar RB's, in hopes of winning. 

6 hours ago, TheWinz said:

Let's face it - unless Gordon shows in the next weeks, or Gurley goes down early, you have no hope of winning.  Playing the season out will do nothing except piss you off.  Do not give in and trade away Mahomes, Hopkins, OBJ, and Evans for subpar RB's, in hopes of winning. 

Zero rb has been a draft strategy for years now.  His team is set at qb/wr/k/Def and pretty solid at te.  If he's right that there's only 3-4 strong teams in the league one or two lucky waiver pick ups is the difference between being a top team and fighting for a playoff spot.

1 minute ago, wgoldsph said:

Zero rb has been a draft strategy for years now.  His team is set at qb/wr/k/Def and pretty solid at te.  If he's right that there's only 3-4 strong teams in the league one or two lucky waiver pick ups is the difference between being a top team and fighting for a playoff spot.

Yes, but zero RB strategy doesn't literally mean no RB's.  It means waiting stocking up elsewhere, while still grabbing some high upside guys.  Plus, his league is not PPR, so his stud WR's are losing massive points vs the RB's.  As an example - in non-PPR Keenan Allen finished equal to Jordan Howard, but in PPR, Keenan beat him by 80 points.

• Like 1

Not that it makes a ton of difference, but I since found out the league is 0.5 points per reception. That helps a little.

51 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Not that it makes a ton of difference, but I since found out the league is 0.5 points per reception. That helps a little.

I know you are trying to find the silver lining, but there is none - YOU GOT SCREWED.  Before you offer or accept any trades, you need to figure out if you want to play it out, or sabotage the league.  Either way, there are many in this thread who want to help you.  Keep us posted on what you decide.

Just now, TheWinz said:

I know you are trying to find the silver lining, but there is none - YOU GOT SCREWED.  Before you offer or accept any trades, you need to figure out if you want to play it out, or sabotage the league.  Either way, there are many in this thread who want to help you.  Keep us posted on what you decide.

Not going to sabotage a league with people my kid knows. Maybe if it were a bunch of random internet jamokes. Besides, there's no great way to do it anyway. Even if we tried to "sell" the handful of top players we have, there is no way to get them all on the same team.

It's a long season. Injuries happen. Owners drop players that they shouldn't. Sometimes people will make dumb trades. Probably won't win, but might as well go down swinging.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Not going to sabotage a league with people my kid knows. Maybe if it were a bunch of random internet jamokes. Besides, there's no great way to do it anyway. Even if we tried to "sell" the handful of top players we have, there is no way to get them all on the same team.

It's a long season. Injuries happen. Owners drop players that they shouldn't. Sometimes people will make dumb trades. Probably won't win, but might as well go down swinging.

Alrighty then!!!  Now we can all cease with the sabotage ideas and offer real advice.  If you get time, it would be nice for you to list all RB's that are rostered.  With all the eyes on this thread, you may be missing a diamond in the rough.

what are passing TDs worth?

1 minute ago, joffer said:

what are passing TDs worth?

Passing = 4 points. Rushing / receiving = 6 points.

If Gurley's knee is shot, which is a real possibility, that team is all the sudden good. 1 good wire RB and it's great.

Edited by Jed

10 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Passing = 4 points. Rushing / receiving = 6 points.

consider moving Mahomes for a RB?

1 minute ago, joffer said:

consider moving Mahomes for a RB?

My thought as well. Maybe Mahomes and Ebron for Jameis or another decent QB2 and a top RB?

4 hours ago, TheWinz said:

Alrighty then!!!  Now we can all cease with the sabotage ideas and offer real advice.  If you get time, it would be nice for you to list all RB's that are rostered.  With all the eyes on this thread, you may be missing a diamond in the rough.

Here are the main guys that are not rostered. Basically, the Top 60 RBs are already gone.

Gus Edwards		BAL
Damarea Crockett	HOU
Corey Clement		PHI
Alfred Blue		JAC
Doug Martin		OAK
Rex Burkhead		NE
C.J. Prosise		SEA
Kyle Juszczyk		SF
Wayne Gallman		NYG
Darius Jackson		DAL
Andre Ellington		TB
Zach Zenner		DET
Alfred Morris		DAL
Jordan Scarlett		CAR
Dwayne Washington	NO
Theo Riddick		DEN
Dontrell Hilliard	CLE
Devontae Booker		DEN
Jordan Wilkins		IND
Darren Sproles		PHI
T.J. Yeldon		BUF
Mike Boone		MIN
Dexter Williams		GB
Benny Snell		PIT
Kenneth Dixon		BAL
Elijah McGuire		NYJ
Trayveon Williams	CIN
Myles Gaskin		MIA
Spencer Ware		IND
Raheem Mostert		SF
Kenjon Barner		ATL
Patrick DiMarco		BUF
Alex Armah		CAR
Brandon Bolden		NE
Paul Perkins		NYG
Rod Smith		NYG
James Develin		NE
Darrel Williams		KC
Jamize Olawale		DAL
Wendall Smallwood	ATL
Josh Adams		PHI
Jacquizz Rodgers	NO
Bilal Powell		NYJ
Kenneth Dixon		BAL
Trenton Cannon		NYJ
Jeff Wilson		SF
James Develin		NE

Edited by Anarchy99

24 minutes ago, yellowdog said:

My thought as well. Maybe Mahomes and Ebron for Jameis or another decent QB2 and a top RB?

It’s worth a shot but I doubt it would get much traction. People at this stage just off the draft look more where players were drafted. Mahomes was a 4th round pick and Enbron was a 5th rounder. Most owners waited on QB  

We would likely only get a RB3 and an average player back in return for those two. The teams that could stand a QB upgrade are the teams weak at RB. 

I can look into what options the Luck owner has available. Like I mentioned earlier, Cousins is on the waiver wire. May be worth dumping a RB to pick him up in the hopes of trading Mahomes. 

That being said, not sure it is worth it overall. Depends on what we get back and which team we trade him to. 

9 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Gus Edwards > booker

Already dropped Booker for Ajayi. He’s a free agent, and if someone gets hurt before the season starts, I think he could end up in a good situation. 

Basically using math on this one. For guys on an NFL roster, their path to getting more touches is an injury on their team. Ajayi’s path to a role somewhere is an injury on any team. IMO, 32 chances for injury is better odds than an injury on one specific team. 

Not adverse to picking up Edwards though. 

Edited by Anarchy99
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Already dropped Booker for Ajayi. He’s a free agent, and if someone gets hurt before the season starts, I think he could end up in a good situation. 

Basically using math on this one. For guys on an NFL roster, their path to getting more touches is an injury on their team. Ajayi’s path to a role somewhere is an injury on any team. IMO, 32 chances for injury is better odds than an injury on one specific team. 

Not adverse to picking up Edwards though. 

I think ajayi is out of the NFL for good.  He never really got over his knee problems from college and I don't know if a team will be willing to pay the vet minimum for him when they can grab a cheap rookie to handle the load.   Hell, even a broken down Alf Morris is getting run before Ajayi.

That also leaves out someone like gio Bernard, who can probably be gotten for a late pick if a team with superbowl asperations loses their starter.

5 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

I think ajayi is out of the NFL for good.  He never really got over his knee problems from college and I don't know if a team will be willing to pay the vet minimum for him when they can grab a cheap rookie to handle the load.   Hell, even a broken down Alf Morris is getting run before Ajayi.

That also leaves out someone like gio Bernard, who can probably be gotten for a late pick if a team with superbowl asperations loses their starter.

Like anything else, we will have to wait and see. Ajayi tore his ACL in October and just got cleared to play a couple of weeks ago. In 11 games with the Eagles, he had a 5.1 ypc. To me, that doesn't really sound like a guy that is done. It depends how much he thinks he is worth and what shape he is in. No matter who we roster at this point needs help to be fantasy worthy.

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

Like anything else, we will have to wait and see. Ajayi tore his ACL in October and just got cleared to play a couple of weeks ago. In 11 games with the Eagles, he had a 5.1 ypc. To me, that doesn't really sound like a guy that is done. It depends how much he thinks he is worth and what shape he is in. No matter who we roster at this point needs help to be fantasy worthy.

The eagles also refused to give him the majority of the carries, instead handing the ball the guys like Smallwood and clement (who both may get cut) and Blount (who's out of the league himself).  They're not a team to trust with rbs.

Edited by wgoldsph

1 minute ago, wgoldsph said:

The eagles also refused to give him the majority of the carries, instead handing the ball the guys like Smallwood and clement (who may get cut) and Blount (who's out of the league himself).  They're not a team to trust with rbs.

Even so, he was on pace for 200+ touches last year. That's substantially more than anyone else currently on my roster or available on the waiver wire. Even if he ends up somewhere in a timeshare and gets 10 touches a game, that's still better than anything else I can insert into my line up at the moment.

Based on matchups, I think you'd start CHI the first 5 weeks anyway.  MIN D is expendable.

Commish should have let you pick over the phone in a money league. To make up for it, at least they should give you #1 waiver priority to start out. Maybe even for the first 2 or 3 weeks.

Anyway, the best revenge is to win. And winning can be achieved with a waiver wire team, I've seen it happen before. So ride it out and do the best you can. The actual amount of money is somewhat irrelevant. $50 is a lot for some people, while $500 is pocket change for others. Whatever a person decides to spend on fantasy football they should be comfortable losing anyway.

Tony Pollard or Alfred Morris might be worth a dart throw, given the Zeke situation.  I know it's probably camp fluff and is highly contingent on Zeke's status, but Pollard has been getting talked up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowdog said:

I think I might take a shot on Pollard, at least until Zeke signs.

Didn't hit refresh before posting.  This.

2 minutes ago, Maven25 said:

Didn't hit refresh before posting.  This.

Agree - I would drop the MIN D for Pollard