What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Cuomo was not playing (1 Viewer)

Huh. Looks like he could have thrown right away if he was that down for it.

I was unaware "Fredo" was an insult. Oh, Fredo Corleone, maybe?

That's sort of a stretch of an insult delivered by a guy who must know ethnic insults to a guy that seems sensitive to them, then. I'll refrain from comment in light of that.

eta* I will say that Cuomo looks like a bigger-type dude that you wouldn't really want that much of a piece of, at least from where I'm aged and sitting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The running joke, too, is that both of Trump's sons are "Fredo." 

"Which one is Fredo?" "They're all Fredo."

Also, he said using "Fredo" on an Italian is like using the N-word on a black person. 😐

#1 - People who try to provoke famous people just to bring them down, those people suck.

#2 -  Famous people have to be aware of #1 and walk away from stuff where normal people would take exception
Yeah, both of these really.

I figured it was an Italian-American insult. Woodrow Wilson would have approved. Me, being a filthy Eye-tie on my mother's side, do not. I'll give you some Fredo, you alt-right knob blowhard. ;) :boxing:

A wink and a killah! 

not a fan of CC, or his brother (NYS resident), but the dude was looking to push his buttons—and i hate people like that. 

D=bag backpedaled with some stupid "What, I thought that was your name?" punk out. No you didn't. 

Plus the low cell phone angle is the "I'm secretly filming you b/c i want to see you get pissed so i can post it" crap. At least call him Fredo with the cell phone in his face so he can see that you are trying to provoke him for some social media cred, #####. 

I have no idea who Chris Cuomo is.

Sounds like he's a real Fredo.

Isn't "Guido" the derogatory term?

The guy got Cuomo which I assume was the whole point.

Him saying over and over again “well I thought Fredo was your name” is pretty good schtick.

Neither came off well there. 

The civilian came off like an ##### for harassing Cuomo in public when he was with his family, and Cuomo came off like an angry rage-filled knucklehead who was ready to fight a guy in front of his family over a minor insult at worst (no one in their right mind thinks Fredo is on par with the n-word).  

I have to think calling him the dumb brother while using an insult designed to play into heritage was indeed a bit of the ol' fightin' words doctrine coming into play, though it falls and fell short of the requirements to start a legit row.

I have to think calling him the dumb brother while using an insult designed to play into heritage was indeed a bit of the ol' fightin' words doctrine coming into play, though it falls and fell short of the requirements to start a legit row.
Total aside, but I love reading your posts.  Legit row is such a great turn of phrase. 

Total aside, but I love reading your posts.  Legit row is such a great turn of phrase. 
Thanks, GB, and thanks for noticing. I was thinking of Conan O'Brien's boxing skits on SNL (that ran too long) and a mixture of boxing slang from newer slang to the old Irish. On my end -- and one good turn deserving another -- I appreciate your tone and tenor on the board. I find it wise and kind. :thumbup:

Neither came off well there. 

The civilian came off like an ##### for harassing Cuomo in public when he was with his family, and Cuomo came off like an angry rage-filled knucklehead who was ready to fight a guy in front of his family over a minor insult at worst (no one in their right mind thinks Fredo is on par with the n-word).  
Agree, but the difference is we only know one of them.  

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be famous in this day and age.

As someone with a very Italian last name and directly related to people who were stamped ***, I can say without a doubt that I have never thought Fredo was a slur.  Guido or *** I kinda get, but again who cares?  You’re that thin-skinned, you Guinea?

As someone with a very Italian last name and directly related to people who were stamped ***, I can say without a doubt that I have never thought Fredo was a slur.  Guido or *** I kinda get, but again who cares?  You’re that thin-skinned, you Guinea?
I'm always impressed with cultures that take a word that's supposed to be offensive and turn it into something they don't care if others use and use themselves.  The Italians and Irish come to mind as the ones who do this best.  I'm sure there are others.

I'm always impressed with cultures that take a word that's supposed to be offensive and turn it into something they don't care if others use and use themselves.  The Italians and Irish come to mind as the ones who do this best.  I'm sure there are others.
Probably helps that no one has ever tried to buy or sell me. 

I know CC went all in on the 'Italian Slur", but IMO, Fredo to him was more of the "your the looser/stupid sibling in an otherwise successful family" knock. Just so happens both families—Corleone and Cuomo—both happen to be very Italian. 

Users who are viewing this thread