What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many drugs are you routinely prescribed? (1 Viewer)

this many drugs...

• None

Votes: 105 51.0%

Votes: 44 21.4%

Votes: 19 9.2%

Votes: 14 6.8%

Votes: 7 3.4%

Votes: 5 2.4%

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
I'm 43 and currently have two routine prescriptions; one for anxiety and one to prevent hair loss.  

What are your specs?

Mid-30s. None. Hoping to keep it that way as long as I can with diet/exercise but lots of bad family history with blood pressure/cholesterol/diabetes.

1 for seizures (generic for Keppra, like $7 a month). 
2, also for seizures (Yea! not.) Carbamezepine and Divelproex DR. I get to take two pills of each twice a day!

My favorite was Dilantin, it caused me to lose weight. My doctor didn't like that. :(

2, also for seizures (Yea! not.) Carbamezepine and Divelproex DR. I get to take two pills of each twice a day!

My favorite was Dilantin, it caused me to lose weight. My doctor didn't like that. :(
Mine are minor, so pretty fortunate that 1 script twice a day seems to keep everything in check. There’s drowsiness with it, but otherwise not too bad. 

2... but I mis-voted 1.

1 for daily asthma-precaution (asthmatic reaction cough, not typical asthma), 1 for asthmatic reaction as needed. 

there's a hair-loss drug? tell me more.

eta: 51, good health, bp, weight, cholestrol, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
53 y/o.

0 prescribed.

Prettymuch the only one in my social circle without a prescription of some sorts. 

54... 1 (coumadin) Been taking it since I had a  pulmonary embolism in 2003. Otherwise I'm pretty healthy  :thumbup:

Mine are minor, so pretty fortunate that 1 script twice a day seems to keep everything in check. There’s drowsiness with it, but otherwise not too bad. 
Take it at nite and you are all set!!

53 / none

now if we want to talk about my wife....................OMG, anxiety, pain, HBP, female stuff........  it's amazing she has any room in her stomach for food.

I'm turning 53 at the end of this month. All totaled I've probably only been prescribed medicine less than twenty times in my life (pain reliever, muscle relaxants, steroids, cough suppressant, antihistamine, antibiotics) and have never had anything re-filled. I don't think I've ever used all that was prescribed to me. Like @russinfortworth, my wife single-handedly keeps a couple pharmacies in business. 

None. I took an anti-depressant on doctor's orders when i was deep in stressful situations. It helped, but i weaned myself off it over the course of a month with good results.

BP, Cholesterol, HgbA1C, blood, chem panels and liver function all good. 49, going on 40.

56 and I don't take anything regularly.  I get anti-inflammatories occasionally for arthritis flareups, but the cortisone shots are better. 

I'm turning 53 at the end of this month. All totaled I've probably only been prescribed medicine less than twenty times in my life (pain reliever, muscle relaxants, steroids, cough suppressant, antihistamine, antibiotics) and have never had anything re-filled. I don't think I've ever used all that was prescribed to me. Like @russinfortworth, my wife single-handedly keeps a couple pharmacies in business. 
I've been sick 1 time in my life (that I remember). Flu in 2003.  Colds I don't count.  Never missed a day of work for illness (mental health to go golfing, yes).  Never had cavity.  Never been in hospital except for visiting or my birth.

I always wondered why I had insurance.  THEN I got married.  It's amazing at the end of the year how much we spend on doctor appointments, perscriptions, , extra dentist, etc for just her.

Luckily both kids got my genes and are rarely sick.   

And its EVERY YEAR.  Neck surgery, back surgery, gall bladder out, appendix out, women's parts out in 2 procedures, ear tubes, something for her nose to stop snoring...........IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!, CPAC  sleep study.  It's like we're playing operation.  I tell her "you've got a lot of empty space inside you".

43, 3 drugs prescribed and sent to me upon request. All for allergies. 

CPAP doesn't count, right?

Between my fibromyalgia, systemic exertion intolerance, chronic Lyme, low T3, and hypochondrism, too many!

56 - None, which is pretty amazing considering I've had everything from cancer to, well, lots of other stuff over the years. I guess it's all just stuff that can't be treated with a pill.

46, 2 prescriptions. 

1 is a muscle relaxer to help with the occasional tension headache and neck pain. 

1 is a liquid for perio trays that I wear once a day for 10 minutes that helps fight gum disease (it is preventative). 

IC propanol- a high blood pressure med used to treat migraines , reduces the number of migraine episodes and intensity 

Sumatriptan-used to treat a migraine 

Have had borderline/high BP and cholesterol for a while. At my physical this summer doc gave me 6 months to make some changes. Have not gone hardcore so I might be looking at BP and cholesterol meds.

Just prescribed some antibiotics for an issue I've been dealing with for the past 5 weeks. I tend to stay away from meds whenever possible. Doc prescribed Levofloxacin. Then I read the black box warnings. Rare but serious side affects including tendonitis and tendons rupturing, permanent nervous system issues, etc. No thank you. You know it's a harsh drug when it's used to treat Anthrax exposure and the plague. Yikes. Asked if there were alternatives and got a longer period script for Bactrim for 3 weeks. Any experience? Hope it doesn't turn my system inside out.

Have had borderline/high BP and cholesterol for a while. At my physical this summer doc gave me 6 months to make some changes. Have not gone hardcore so I might be looking at BP and cholesterol meds.

Just prescribed some antibiotics for an issue I've been dealing with for the past 5 weeks. I tend to stay away from meds whenever possible. Doc prescribed Levofloxacin. Then I read the black box warnings. Rare but serious side affects including tendonitis and tendons rupturing, permanent nervous system issues, etc. No thank you. You know it's a harsh drug when it's used to treat Anthrax exposure and the plague. Yikes. Asked if there were alternatives and got a longer period script for Bactrim for 3 weeks. Any experience? Hope it doesn't turn my system inside out.
If I may ask, what type of infection is the antibiotic for? You’re probably more likely to experience side effects from Bactrim than Levaquin, but all the serious ones are rare.

Anyone else use PillPack?

Love it!
With what I'm on, with the frequency I'm on them, I'm wondering if this would be good for me.

I take 1 pill in the morning, 1 before lunch, 1 before leaving work, and then 2 at bedtime.  

I have a good system (a bottle of 1 at work for the middle two occurrences) so I don't know if I even need it.

I've heard good things though.

Nothing until I was 51. 

At 54 it’s 5.  Six  if you count the Keytruda infisions I just stated.
It’s now 6.  2 BP, 1 Cholesterol, 1 Stomach, 1 Diabetes, 1 Chemo.  7 with the Keytruda infusions every 3 weeks.

The second BP med was a direct result to address elevated BP due to the Chemo pill side effect.

46 - Have an open prescription for some sleep pill similar to Ambien. I take occasionally when traveling. Sleep like a baby on it. Not confirmed if I am walking around the hotel in my underwear.

It’s now 6.  2 BP, 1 Cholesterol, 1 Stomach, 1 Diabetes, 1 Chemo.  7 with the Keytruda infusions every 3 weeks.

The second BP med was a direct result to address elevated BP due to the Chemo pill side effect.
Hopefully the ses aren't too bad for you, especially the cancer related meds.

Users who are viewing this thread