What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I’m at the DMV - help! (1 Viewer)

Beef Ravioli

Footballguy
Just moved recently to Northern VA, right outside DC. Trying to get my car (son drives it) registered and licensed here in VA.

Its 415 and they close at 5. Already been here 45 minutes. Are they going to send me home at 5 or are they going to get us all through tonight? 

Also, I would HATE this job!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depends.  Sone will lock doors early, some will lock at closing time but process everyone inside, some will give you head of the line pass of the next day.

I think it varies by state

It really depends.  Sone will lock doors early, some will lock at closing time but process everyone inside, some will give you head of the line pass of the next day.

I think it varies by state
People are still coming in. The line is out the door.

Just had an announcement: they are no longer accepting new customers. All that have a ticket (me and approximately 50 other people) will be served tonight. 

Am I out of here by 6 eastern standard time? 

Which DMV?  We live in Tysons Corner and I spent over 3 hours at the DMV on Gallow near 7/Leesburg Pike.  Miserable experience.  

Depends on which DMV.  Best move is to get there 25 minutes before they open on a weekday and wait outside.  The DMV in NOVA is definitely slow.  But it's miles better than it was 20 years ago.  I once got there at 11am to get tags.  I left at 5 pm with nothing.  At least now you can see pretty much where you are in line.  Always have like everything you could imagine.  They love giving you a number, then after 2 hours you get to the window and they tell you they needed some ridiculous piece of paper you've never even heard of.

It's similar to the supermarket. 8-12+ desk/counter spots open, but 2 people working, or maybe 3 if you're really lucky. It's ridiculous. 

Users who are viewing this thread