What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players Who Should Change Positions (1 Viewer)

HairyGOATee

Footballguy
Name some Players Who Should Change Positions, and tell us why you think so.

You can include players who are currently free agents too if you want.

We' see plenty of guys change positions from college to the pros. Edelman, Denard Robinson, Braxton Miller, Matt Jones (Jaguars), Cajuste (WR to TE), Blake Bell, etc.. We see it happen in the pros too, Pryor to WR, Ty Montgommery to RB, and CBs switch to safety and vice versa a lot. Sometimes you have a DE go to a OLB (albeit from 4-3 to 3-4, but still a position change that can is tougher than it get credit for), and then you have versatile guys like Harvin, Cordarrelle, and Tavon Austin who can play WR, RB, and Returner. And there are safeties like Mark Barron who converted to LB (Dexter Coakley is another), and vice versa like Su'a Cravens. I believe Deone Bucannon made the switch from safety to LB in the pros, and Deion Jones used to be a safety I think. Peppers and Shaq Thompson were both very versatile in college and won the Paul Hornug Award, which recognizes and lauds players for their versatility. Brian Waters played in college as a TE and DE, and then was supposed to be converted to a Center, but the Chiefs had him play at OG and he became a two-time All-Pro and 6 time Pro Bowler.

Personally, I think Tavon should get more snaps at RB, and I would have liked to have seen Wheaton at RB since he kinda reminds me of when after he catches the ball. Or at least he did in college, and his combine/pro day numbers would match up well for a RB. A lot of people say Golden Tate plays/runs like a RB once he catches the ball, but I don't think he should convert tbh.

Plus, growing up, I always liked to have players switch positions in Madden to take advantage of their specific attributes. I know that in some versions of the game, there's actually a designated period where you can make the position changes.

It'd be cool to see Shaq get some snaps at RB behind Run CMC. He could be the goal line back or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s take this moment to remember mike furrey, safety turned wr that caught 90 balls for the lions. 
XFL guy so you’re misremembering

ETA: actually it was the reverse, he was a WR who the Bears turned into a safety.

Before that he was a UDFA who bounced around a bunch of teams. Set an NFL record for most receptions (98) by a non-rookie who previously had zero catches. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It was Gordie Howe that played into his 50s.

Gordie should have been a bouncer in a hockey bar. Fights would stop so they could ask for his autograph.

Arizona Ron said:
Ridiculous topics get ridiculous answers.
ionno, I don't think it's that ridiculous tbh. We' see plenty of guys change positions from college to the pros. Edelman, Denard Robinson, Braxton Miller, Matt Jones (Jaguars), Cajuste (WR to TE), Blake Bell, etc.. We see it happen in the pros too, Pryor to WR, Ty Montgommery to RB, and CBs switch to safety and vice versa a lot. Sometimes you have a DE go to a OLB (albeit from 4-3 to 3-4, but still a position change that can is tougher than it get credit for), and then you have versatile guys like Harvin, Cordarrelle, and Tavon Austin who can play WR, RB, and Returner. And there are safeties like Mark Barron who converted to LB (Dexter Coakley is another), and vice versa like Su'a Cravens. I believe Deone Bucannon made the switch from safety to LB in the pros, and Deion Jones used to be a safety I think. Peppers and Shaq Thompson were both very versatile in college and won the Paul Hornug Award, which recognizes and lauds players for their versatility. Brian Waters played in college as a TE and DE, and then was supposed to be converted to a Center, but the Chiefs had him play at OG and he became a two-time All-Pro and 6 time Pro Bowler.

Personally, I think Tavon should get more snaps at RB, and I would have liked to have seen Wheaton at RB since he kinda reminds me of when after he catches the ball. Or at least he did in college, and his combine/pro day numbers would match up well for a RB. A lot of people say Golden Tate plays/runs like a RB once he catches the ball, but I don't think he should convert tbh.

Plus, growing up, I always liked to have players switch positions in Madden to take advantage of their specific attributes. I know that in some versions of the game, there's actually a designated period where you can make the position changes.

It'd be cool to see Shaq get some snaps at RB behind Run CMC. He could be the goal line back or something.

If he had been open to a position change, I think Tyree Jackson might have been a day 2 TE prospect this year, instead of an undrafted QB. 

Lamar Jackson - from QB to RB , he'd be a great James White type of player.

Mike Vick - qb to RB, would've been terrific as a RB - that is, when he was still on the juice and PEDs before he left for prison, b/c when he came back he was skinny as heck.

kyler murray - nfl qb to mlb Center fielder.great arm.well he might get there anyways.judging by thursday performance he might not be in the nfl for long wow that was bad about as bad a performance as I've seen anyone have , preseason or not.  :tfp:

For what it’s worth, Golden Tate was a high school running back that converted to WR at Notre Dame. 

Users who are viewing this thread