What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need Help - Fairly General (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I'm trying to explain to some developers at work what I'm looking for and they aren't quite understanding me.  I need an example and I know they are everywhere, but I'm having trouble just finding one quickly that I can show to them.

Here's what I'm trying to find:

You are on a webpage and there is a picture on the page.  For reference, this page is a intranet page that will be explaining how to use a certain app.  The page is filled with paragraphs, then a picture or two, then paragraphs, then more pictures and so on.  Problem is, the pictures are too small to see the detail of what's going on in it.  So I want to be able to click on the picture and have it open up a pop up that will show the picture in a larger format.  I don't want to leave the original page, and if possible, I don't want it to be an actual new browser tab/window.  I want it to be something that after viewing, you'd click on the X to minimize/close that window.  

Does this make sense?  I'm sure I've seen this before but can't find a good example.

Wikipedia does this on article pages
This was my first thought.  But they do it for words that then open more words and maybe a picture.  I assume you can do it picture to picture, but I know nothing about programming of any sort.  

Is there a term for this?

I'm trying to explain to some developers at work what I'm looking for and they aren't quite understanding me.  I need an example and I know they are everywhere, but I'm having trouble just finding one quickly that I can show to them.

Here's what I'm trying to find:

You are on a webpage and there is a picture on the page.  For reference, this page is a intranet page that will be explaining how to use a certain app.  The page is filled with paragraphs, then a picture or two, then paragraphs, then more pictures and so on.  Problem is, the pictures are too small to see the detail of what's going on in it.  So I want to be able to click on the picture and have it open up a pop up that will show the picture in a larger format.  I don't want to leave the original page, and if possible, I don't want it to be an actual new browser tab/window.  I want it to be something that after viewing, you'd click on the X to minimize/close that window.  

Does this make sense?  I'm sure I've seen this before but can't find a good example.
Expand on hover is better imho.  Move your mouse over the image, the image expands, move your mouse off the image, the expanded image goes away.  Just my 2 cents.

Expand on hover is better imho.  Move your mouse over the image, the image expands, move your mouse off the image, the expanded image goes away.  Just my 2 cents.
Agree that this is also an option.  But need an example because I'm trying to explain it and they barely understand my English when we talk about normal things.

I typed that into Google and I don't understand what came back.  Is "on click image resize" the term I should be saying?  
its similar to on hover but that can be annoying,, bc if someone doesn't want to expand the image then it keeps popping up annoying the user sending them away from the page.  on click means mouse click on image - the Then statement is to resize the image to something you can read. then you can have another onclick that would take it back. if your devs don't know what on click image resize means theyre doodoo

its similar to on hover but that can be annoying,, bc if someone doesn't want to expand the image then it keeps popping up annoying the user sending them away from the page.  on click means mouse click on image - the Then statement is to resize the image to something you can read. then you can have another onclick that would take it back. if your devs don't know what on click image resize means theyre doodoo
Yup.  Just realized the avatars on this site will do that when you hover and I don't like that.  

Users who are viewing this thread