What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Spot decision; Will Help w/ Yours (1 Viewer)

Which draft spot do I choose?

• Total voters

4th&inches

Footballguy
12-team league 

Background/ League info:

• 12-team, keeper rules are the following:

Can keep up to 3 players drafted after round 5 (so 6th round = 1st keeper round)
  • Year 1 = 1 round prior to draft round (drafted in round 6 = 5th round pick), if added as FA = last round keeper
  • Year 2 = 1/2 of previous year keeper round (kept in year 1 for a 6th round pick = 3rd round pick in year 2)
  • Year 3 = 1st round pick. 

[*]Start: QRRWWTFKD

[*]Scoring: .5PPR, 4pts passing TD, 6pt all other TD's

Keepers: Bold = already keeping (keeper rounds & year in parentheses - listed by keeper round):

• Alvin Kamara (6th round - 2nd year) 
  • Nick Chubb (9th round 1st year) 
  • Deshaun Watson (9th - 2nd year)**
  • Phillip Lindsay (11th round - 1st year)**
  • Lamar Jackson (17th round - 1st year)**
**I'm still debating between Lindsay or Watson as my final keeper

Question:

• I can choose my draft position and pulled the "6th choice". So far picks 1-3 & 7 have been taken. There's 1 more guy in front of me left to choose his spot, but ultimately, I'll have my choice of picks: 4-6 & 8-12

What spot would you choose? (my thoughts below)

take top available spot (5, 6) and if somehow Elliot falls, grab him. otherwise, draft D. Johnson & then I have 3 STUD RB's
  • take a middle pick (8, 9) & grab a top WR to pair with my 2 RB's kept
  • take a mid-late pick (10-12) and grab Kelce in the 1st then pair up with a top WR in rd 2

some notable players I anticipate being kept by other teams are as follows (listed with rounds in parentheses😞

• Zach Ertz (4)
  • Sony Michel (5)
  • Patrick Mahomes (6)
  • Aaron Jones (7)
  • Marlon Mack (8)
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster (9)
  • Cooper Kupp (9)
  • D.J. Moore (9)
  • O.J. Howard (9)
  • Calvin Ridley (10)
  • George Kittle (10)
  • James Conner (12)
  • Tyler Boyd (17)
  • Damien Williams (17)
Leave a link to your post and I will reply to ALL posts. 

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go middle of the road.  5 or 6.  Since 7 is taken.  You've already got two potential first round running backs.  You don't have to jump up and grab another one.  I don't know who else is keepers but grabbing a top WR to go with those two running backs seems like a win.  I like middle of the road because as nice as have that sweet 12-13 spot it sucks having to wait another 20 or so picks before you get to go again.

I'd go middle of the road.  5 or 6.  Since 7 is taken.  You've already got two potential first round running backs.  You don't have to jump up and grab another one.  I don't know who else is keepers but grabbing a top WR to go with those two running backs seems like a win.  I like middle of the road because as nice as have that sweet 12-13 spot it sucks having to wait another 20 or so picks before you get to go again.
Thanks for your input. 

To add (will update initial post as well), some notable players I anticipate being kept by other teams are as follows (listed with rounds in parentheses):

• Zach Ertz (4)
  • Sony Michel (5)
  • Patrick Mahomes (6)
  • Aaron Jones (7)
  • Marlon Mack (8)
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster (9)
  • Cooper Kupp (9)
  • D.J. Moore (9)
  • O.J. Howard (9)
  • Calvin Ridley (10)
  • George Kittle (10)
  • James Conner (12)
  • Tyler Boyd (17)
  • Damien Williams (17)
Would choosing the 6th spot and then drafting Kelce be crazy (it's looking like the next best TE available would be Engram)?

I hate the middle so I would go with 10 or 11 in this scenario.  I don't trust Zeke due to holdout situation so I would move down and stock up on WR if it warrants it. 

I usually hate the middle round but spot 7 felt actually pretty good. At 7 most mocks and my actual draft I had a choice of Adams or Bell pretty much every time and on the turn there where still great choices, so I would assume 6 or 8 would be similar. End of draft sounds pretty good as well due to your keepers as you could grab 2 strong players to pair with your keepers.

I also would not grab Kelce as there seems to be some good te options later. Engram, Cooks seem really good this year. Read about some interesting Hooper hype as well if you miss on those guys.

I hate the middle so I would go with 10 or 11 in this scenario.  I don't trust Zeke due to holdout situation so I would move down and stock up on WR if it warrants it. 

Weebs210 said:
I usually hate the middle round but spot 7 felt actually pretty good. At 7 most mocks and my actual draft I had a choice of Adams or Bell pretty much every time and on the turn there where still great choices, so I would assume 6 or 8 would be similar. End of draft sounds pretty good as well due to your keepers as you could grab 2 strong players to pair with your keepers.

I also would not grab Kelce as there seems to be some good te options later. Engram, Cooks seem really good this year. Read about some interesting Hooper hype as well if you miss on those guys.
Thanks for the input. 

Spots 4 and 7 have been picked. So, I'm up and have the option to choose the below draft spots:

With what's left, I could use some insight into where you'd believe the best spot to choose would be. 

thanks

Thanks for the input. 

Spots 4 and 7 have been picked. So, I'm up and have the option to choose the below draft spots:

With what's left, I could use some insight into where you'd believe the best spot to choose would be. 

thanks
Unfortunately it really only matters as to what spot you believe is the best.  I hate the middle so given a choice I will never draft there.  Based on that I would be choosing 10-12.  That would depend on who is drafting around me and if there was a certain player I liked that I thought I had to be at 10 to get. 

Imo you gotta go 12 spot. Pairing up two top 12 players along with Chubb and Karmara.
Thanks for the reply; 

With our keeper rounds starting in round 6 and Kamara being my 6th round keeper, does the 11-12 spot give you any more pause vs. say pick 5 or 6? Or am I just overthinking it?

When u have the chance to have a starting line up with 4 top 12 guys you take it imo. I wouldn't stress to much about the 6th round.

Take the earliest pick available. Wait for the draft to play out, if Zeke falls, perfect. If you don't like who's available you can then try and trade back if there is an owner who is hungry for someone available. 

Then its like taking the later slot and getting either some depth, or an additional pick out of it. 

I like going 11 or 12 and going both wr or maaaybe kelce/wr depending on whos avail....and keeping lindsay....being able to pick two top 10-15 guys back to back or a pick behind sounds nice paired w the rb core of kamara/chubb/lindsay 

Users who are viewing this thread