What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 Keeper League Choices (1 Viewer)

afranchina88

Footballguy
Hey I have a 2 keeper league where you lose the pick in the round you drafted them in.

1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex(te/rb/wr) 1dst 1k

PPR and passing tds are worth 6

Currently I'm keeping Kamara in the 12th from the previous draft, but have a decision to make for my second keeper.

2nd rd - Kelcee

7th rd - Kerryon

11th rd - Mahomes

15th rd - Watson (was my keeper last year, can only keep a player for 3 years)

Am I overthinking this and just take mahomes at 11 for the next 3 years? Do i take the RB value at Kerryon who would go maybe in the first rd since most rb talent will be gone (although I'll have a 1st rd pick and most wont) I think If I keep mahomes I may end up having a shot at both kelcee and kerryon in the first two rounds anyways, possibly someone even better.

Let me know your thoughts and link any questions you have and I'll try to help

First off, Watson is out.  If you are going to keep a QB, an 11th for Mahomes is the better deal and you get him for three years.

I think you keep the best player as long as it's not ahead of their draft position by very much,  In this case, Kelce and Mahomes are pretty much a tie.  Both number one at their position.  Keeping Mahomes gives you more shots at getting good players in the first couple of rounds as well as not having to reach if an unexpected run on QBs comes around.  As you said you may have a shot at the other two anyway.  Even if you can't get Kelce, you could possibly get Ertz or Kittle if they aren't being kept.

As much as I'd say keep Kelce, having a 2nd round price on him is tough when comparing that to an 11th Round price on Mahomes.

How many QB's are going to be available?  You can keep Kerryon and draft a good QB later if necessary.  That is the route I would go unless there just won't be solid QB choices in the draft. 

There should be a lot of QBs available, but Mahomes scored over 100 points more than the next 3 best qbs in this format.
That was last year in a record setting year.  If you could guarantee that to be the case then I would say it is easily Mahomes however I don't see that big of disparity this year as he falls back to the pack.  For that reason I go with Kerryon. 

Users who are viewing this thread