What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021-22 Battle for Shining Path's Cup - Semifinal time!! (1 Viewer)

Whichever team managed a core of Chubb, Smith-Schuster, Ertz, etc...

That was a bad first week. Did that guy really draft Miles Sanders in the fifth? I hear Doug Pederson is adamant about a committee.

Oops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
He won his game.
YES!

That's fantastic. I'm rooting for him and hoping. The shrug was my apologetic way of cheekily saying "I'm sorry if I let you down with some picks. You didn't deserve that." Making fun of myself, really. I am pulling for the higgins team hard in this joint, and for Smith-Schuster's continued development and health. Keep me posted. 

YES!

That's fantastic. I'm rooting for him and hoping. The shrug was my apologetic way of cheekily saying "I'm sorry if I let you down with some picks. You didn't deserve that." Making fun of myself, really. I am pulling for the higgins team hard in this joint, and for Smith-Schuster's continued development and health. Keep me posted. 
He needs 21 PPR points out of Chubb and Njoku to win this week, as well.

Chubb at 19.8, I think, Njoku at, uh...

:sadbanana:

Hope for the young man's health. That was a brutal hit. 

Any updates?
If the Chiefs or Bucs ever pick a RB or if Joe Mixon gets hurt I'm going to start dusting folks like Thanos.

Gandalas Region:
1. Unfrozen Cavemen 2-1
2. Code Reds 2-1
3. Flint Lead Pipe Locks 2-1
4. Iowa Cowboys 1-2
5. Red-Skinned Natives 1-2
6. higgins oVVn and shoot 1-2

Tremendous Upside Region:
1. Morgantown Cold Dead Hands 3-0
2. YankeeFan Football 3-0
3. The Fournettecator 2-1
4. Malibu Merry Mandrills 1-2
5. Minnesota Rock Hammers 0-3
6. BeatDown Brigade 0-3

YankeeFan23 hasn't dominated like that since he decided to rank every single president in tim's old thread. I wonder if Teddy Roosevelt is in charge of Knute Rockne'ing the boys, if YankeeFan23 even likes Teddy, that is. My hunch actually says...

no.

But whoo baby.  

YankeeFan23 hasn't dominated like that since he decided to rank every single president in tim's old thread. I wonder if Teddy Roosevelt is in charge of Knute Rockne'ing the boys, if YankeeFan23 even likes Teddy, that is. My hunch actually says...

no.

But whoo baby.  
Love Teddy.  

We could use Teddy again.

1. Lamar Jackson is up for trade in exchange for a RB who doesn’t make me cry every week;

2. Thank you, Beatdown Brigade, for not starting Diggs. 

Hoo boy...So, the playoffs...

Code Reds and The Fournettecator win their divisions and earn playoff byes...congratulations!

It gets complex from there.

GANDALAS

In the Gandalas region, the Unfrozen Cavemen capture the #2 spot because he and I managed a FREAKING TIE in the final week.

The final spot goes to Higgins oVVn and Shoot because he scored TWO more points than Flint Lead Pipe Locks. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

TREMENDOUS UPSIDE

Morgantown Cold Dead Hands grab the #2 spot because he beat YankeeFan football head-to-head.

For the last team, I'm gong to interpret the rules like an NFL referee looking at an instant replay - which is to say I'm gong to make it up as I go. So that team is Yankee23Fan Football. He has the same record as the #2 team, a three game advantage over me, AND defeated me head-go-ahead. So it really only seems fair. Hey, it's my party and I'll commish like I want to.

So this weekend it's

Unfrozen Cavemen vs Higgins

Morgantown CDH vs YankeeFan Football

Thanks to the rest for your participation again in this super crazy year!

2 points. This is definitely Andy Reid’s fault. 
For the want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail.

For the want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail.
This is why I only hire the best farriers. 

Let's kill him.
To be fair, his yardage for Wilson helped push me into a win in my dynasty league, which put me into a bye week instead of the guy who beat me in the finals last year.  

We'll call it a win for everyone all around and I will cede my title of Master of FFA Magic Football to one of you six.

Unfrozen Cavemen put up a fight but YankeFan Football's blind squirrel keeps picking up nuts and moves on to the semis.

The Flint Lead Pipe Locks roll over the Morgantown Cold Dead Hands, Feet, Body, AND Soul to do the same.

In the consolation bracket...never mind. In my America we don't celebrate losers.

Unfrozen Cavemen put up a fight but YankeFan Football's blind squirrel keeps picking up nuts and moves on to the semis.

The Flint Lead Pipe Locks roll over the Morgantown Cold Dead Hands, Feet, Body, AND Soul to do the same.

In the consolation bracket...never mind. In my America we don't celebrate losers.
I messaged Andy.  I'm trying to be ethical here despite the fact that I'd beat all of your asses like a rented mule in the playoffs, but...

This was the actual playoff matchup set.

Unfrozen Cavemen vs Higgins

Morgantown CDH vs YankeeFan Football

One or more things happened. I didn't save the change and/or the ESPN site sucks.

Thanks HF, for pointing it out.

It SHOULD have been Higgins in that spot...so he moves to the Semis.

And none of you are losers, at least in my book. Which is more pamphlet like in its list of non-losers.

One or more things happened. I didn't save the change and/or the ESPN site sucks.

And none of you are losers, at least in my book. Which is more pamphlet like in its list of non-losers.
I will accept a second, slightly larger championship trophy when my team beats every single playoff team every week of the playoffs.

Oh boy. Good luck to Higgins!  

It can just be a plaque that says "Really? Two F@#%ing Points?"

Or a lithograph of Adam Thielen taking himself out of a game in the first quarter and never returning despite no catches and no contact with an opposing player.
If you lost out by two points to anyone, that's sorta ironic as over in Summer/Music/Palooza I fell 2.7 points short overall of the playoffs, and had started Will Fuller over James White in WK 13. The yearly score was thusly 1779-1777. That's kind of a fraction, in a way.

Oh boy. Good luck to Higgins!  

If you lost out by two points to anyone, that's sorta ironic as over in Summer/Music/Palooza I fell 2.7 points short overall of the playoffs, and had started Will Fuller over James White in WK 13. The yearly score was thusly 1779-1777. That's kind of a fraction, in a way.

Yeah I lost out by two points despite having three more wins on the season. 

Users who are viewing this thread