What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump unveils his own Green New Deal (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
President Trump Eyes a New Real-Estate Purchase: Greenland

In conversations with aides, the president has—with varying degrees of seriousness—floated the idea of the U.S. buying the autonomous Danish territory

WASHINGTON—President Trump made his name on the world’s most famous island. Now he wants to buy the world’s biggest.

The idea of the U.S. purchasing Greenland has captured the former real-estate developer’s imagination, according to people familiar with the discussions, who said Mr. Trump has, with varying degrees of seriousness, repeatedly expressed interest in buying the ice-covered autonomous Danish territory between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans.

In meetings, at dinners and in passing conversations, Mr. Trump has asked advisers whether the U.S. can acquire Greenland, listened with interest when they discuss its abundant resources and geopolitical importance and, according to two of the people, has asked his White House counsel to look into the idea.

I mean - its not a terrible idea - long-term.

Trump is not looking at it as a strategic resource - merely something to rename "Trumpland"

But, I think there is merit to buying real estate, particularly if Denmark are struggling to maintain it...

This is the kind of out of the box thinking that we elected him for.   I wonder if he plans to kick out the current natives after we buy it. Of course this is oil lobbyists whispering in his ear.  The waters off of Greenland have a massive untouched oil reserve.

This is the kind of out of the box thinking that we elected him for.   I wonder if he plans to kick out the current natives after we buy it. Of course this is oil lobbyists whispering in his ear.  The waters off of Greenland have a massive untouched oil reserve.
And more access to the arctic...

I didn't know that buying parts of countries was a thing anymore.   We should buy Baja California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump keeps saying we're being invaded through South America and now he wants Greenland. We're not 100% sure that Trump doesn't think he's playing Risk and holding North America right? 
It looks like Trump doesn't see any value in South America. It's only worth 2 and their attacks at the Eastern United States have repelled them over and over. Trump is trying to defeat the Greenland route into Iceland because Trump can't attack Kamchatka as Trump and Putin have a treatise. They're gonna try to sandwich Europe to earn the 5 that Europe is worth. Then, and only then, will they go after South America and Africa and their respective 2 & 3. Putin is allowing Siam to hold off Australia since they are route locked.

I mean - its not a terrible idea - long-term.

Trump is not looking at it as a strategic resource - merely something to rename "Trumpland"

But, I think there is merit to buying real estate, particularly if Denmark are struggling to maintain it...
:lmao:

Serously

PS :lmao:  is the actual reaction from Danish politicians across the board
I love the danish. They’ve got cream cheese, a fruity filling, and Greenland.”

I would also accept “I’m making an offer of 5 million milkbones to start...”  

The great wall of Mexico,  Space Force, buying Greenland, he wants to leave legacy's to Trump,  more then anything else.

Make it a state. 2 more Republican Senators. 

or

Make it a territory. Relocate some coastal cities like Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, and Baltimore in preparation for rising sea levels.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread